By - PersonnelExchanged
Welcome to /r/relationship_advice. Please make sure you read our [rules here.](https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/wiki/index) We'd like to take this time to remind users that:
* We do not allow any type of [am I the asshole? or situations/content involving minors](https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/comments/r6w9uh/meta_am_i_overreacting_am_i_the_asshole_is_this/)
* Any sort of namecalling, insults,etc will result in the comment being removed and the user being banned. (Including but not limited to: slut, bitch, whore, for the streets, etc. It does not matter to whom you are referring.)
* ALL advice given must be good, ethical advice. Joke advice or advice that is conspiratorial or just plain terrible will be removed, and users my be subject to a ban.
* No referencing hateful subreddits and/or their rhetoric. Examples include, but is not limited to: red/blue/black/purplepill, PUA, FDS, MGTOW, etc. This includes, but is not limited to, referring to people as alpha/beta, calling yourself or users "friend-zoned", referring to people as Chads, Tyrones, or Staceys, pick-me's, or pornsick. Any infractions of this rule will result in a ban. **This is not an all-inclusive list.**
* All bans in this subreddit are permanent. You don't get a free pass.
* What we cannot give advice on: rants, unsolicited advice, medical conditions/advice, mental illness, letters to an ex, "body counts" or number of sexual partners, legal problems, financial problems, situations involving minors, and/or abuse (violence, sexual, emotional etc). All of these will be removed and locked. **This is not an all-inclusive list.**
If you have any questions, please send us a modmail.
#This is an automatic comment that appears on all posts. This comment does not necessarily mean your post violates any rules.
*I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/relationship_advice) if you have any questions or concerns.*
This doesn't sound silly. He just openly rejected you. That really sucks and it hurts when it happens.
Unfortunately, life is filled with pain. Fortunately, it's also filled with a lot of highs that feel good because that pain is so bad.
If you don't want to continue with this guy you don't have to. He just told you he isn't interested in long term; if you want an actual boyfriend, it's okay to move on.
Don't beat yourself up. It's ok to be upset. We all have been there. Just remind yourself that things don't work out sometimes and you will eventually just move on.
So why would he ask me out next week in that case :( I don’t understand
He wants to have his cake and eat it too; keep you around until he decides he is done then suddenly snap it off. You can choose if you want to deal with that or not.
If someone said this to me, I would not see them again, no matter what they wanted from me.
Because it feels good to have someone show interest in him, possibly sleep with him. And if he can get that without having to commit to you —be that in the form of monogamy or in acting like an actual partner — he’ll take it. The real question is whether you’re prepared to accept these terms. And I mean, truly accept them, not accept them hoping he’ll eventually change his mind. If you had it on the highest authority that no matter how long you stuck around, no matter how well you treated him, or how attractive you were, that he would never commit to a real relation — would you still want this arrangement?
My friend said the exact same thing and I realized… I wouldn’t it sounds terrible to me tbh but honestly it helps that I’m very avoidant in situations like these so I emotionally disconnect very quickly