By - beardlesshipster
Hope y’all enjoyed the ride. I know I did. Results will be posted tomorrow!
This has been truly fantastic. Likewise the same on the other subs. Such a commendable effort and done with such high quality and attention to detail. Thank you.
Will you post a summary of everything? Like the average rating of each album/era, best song of each album/era, the general top 20 list of songs or other cool data like that?
All of that data will be included!
I don't know If It was done before. But I think It could could include songs of Oknotok and Kid Amnesiac (Lift, Man of War, I promise, If tou say the word and Follow me Around). Anyway, It was a great ride. Thank you!
Thank you for your devotion to this sub
Thanks for the polls man. It was fun
Yea I really appreciate what you’ve done with these discussions. I haven’t always had the motivation to put effort into every one, but it’s been a part of my schedule for a bit now. Guess we’ll see what happens now
9. Way better than the song they used for the film (total rubbish). The perfect Bond theme
I still can’t believe that Sam f’n Smith got the nod for a James Bond theme. They suck… quite badly.
It even [fits the opening they used](https://youtu.be/o4mIWoLg69Y) better
This feels like a sequel to Pyramid Song, and I enjoy it for that.
In the end I think that AMSP era is the one with more consistent songs, I haven’t given less than an 8 not even to a b side
10. Best Bond theme ever.
Great song. Honestly, outside of the cold open in Mexico City, Radiohead dodged a bullet not having their name attached to that pile of shit.
Good to hear. Haven't seen it myself.
10 - Nobody Does It Better...
Love this video. 9
10... this is literally thee James Bond song that never was
10. Infinitely gorgeous.
_The only truth that I could see,_
_Is when you put your lips to me._
10. This is absolute peak Radiohead for me. The arrangement is perfect.
Saw Thom play a solo gig in 2018 and he encored with this song. It’s one of my top Radiohead moments.
FUCKIN 11 HOLY SHIT THIS SONG SENDS ME INTO OUTER SPACE
10 - I’m so sad this is the end for now, when it comes to these Radiohead song discussions.
There is also song discussion on r/beatles !
10. Should have been on AMSP as a centre piece. Fantastic strings, brooding, mysterious. Great vocals. Love the drums. Would have made a brilliant Bond theme but I can see why it was rejected, the producers of Bond just aren’t willing to take risks and wanted a more commercial song. They all sound the same. Same formula.
10. This is the one song I play for friends who are older than me. It was FUCKING dumb it was never used. Stunning, beautiful and epic.
Radiohead got robbed of an Oscar win.
Can’t believe this is the end. They recorded and released a lot of songs but this went by quickly (although I didn’t jump on board until The Bends, for whatever reason).
Thank your for doing this! You get a 10!
Spectre gets an 8.5 from me.
10 - Fear puts a spell on us. Always secondguessing love. That's my spectre.
10, such an amazing, dreamy song. To think the producers turned out down for the forgettable nonsense that was used. Thom's vocals are sublime and the strings are what every jonny fan was waiting for following his soundtrack work.
9.5 - made perfect sense to be a Bond song, don't know how they thought it was "too dark" to be a Bond song.
10. An absolute perfect track for its intended use. I’m still bitter it got canned, and literally fuck whoever did it
10. The cherry on top of the AMSP era
Obviously the Spectre theme used in the film was total trash, but I think in the end Radiohead dodged a bullet as Spectre as a movie was ultimately pretty shit.
9. Love the rhythmic ambiguity that you’re hit with on the first listen. Beautifully constructed song
9 I like it a lot
9 - Those strings Jonny!
It's equally Radiohead as it is Bond, a beautiful marriage of sounds. 10
10 10 10 the most underrated song from them!
9, can’t believe this was rejected for the movie
10 and I mean literal perfect bond theme
Not my favorite song at all.
9. I'm surprised it didn't end up on AMSP but it probably wouldn't have fit anywhere. Except maybe as an opener in place of Burn the Witch but I can't see myself removing that song. Just a really good example of Radiohead songwriting. Definitely in my top 10 (or at least 20) Radiohead songs, but I do wish it sounded like more of a collaborative effort between the 5 of them.
I love how heavy it is, such a strong song
6 not a big fan of this song, the first one we heard from this era and in the end probably the weakest, something about the vocals in the chorus doesn't sit quite right with me. Still the better song for the Bond movie though.
I agree totally and I give 6
It's a 10 for Spectre, and I wish it was used for the Bond theme (as everyone else here has mentioned).
The thing is, even though it was rejected as too idk alternative or something, Billie & Finneas's No Time To Die theme sounds pretty fucking similar. Maybe RH are just ahead of the times.
One of my favorite Radiohead songs. Nearly perfect. Wish it was longer.
10, one of my top favorites
10. Pyramid song and codex younger sibling.
This is an incredible song imo. I used to think Ed doesn't play on this but you can hear delay pedal type of weirdness towards the end which I assume is him? It would have made a great Bond theme.
Fantastic song should’ve got chosen as the bond theme but MGM rejected it for being ‘too dark’
Thank you for even doing this! What abort Harry Patch (In Memory Of)?
This is a good song !!!