T O P

AOC Calls Out Senate Democrats for 'Blocking Crucial Items' in the Party's Agenda

AOC Calls Out Senate Democrats for 'Blocking Crucial Items' in the Party's Agenda

AutoModerator

As a reminder, this subreddit [is for civil discussion.](/r/politics/wiki/index#wiki_be_civil) In general, be courteous to others. Debate/discuss/argue the merits of ideas, don't attack people. Personal insults, shill or troll accusations, hate speech, **any** advocating or wishing death/physical harm, and other rule violations can result in a permanent ban. If you see comments in violation of our rules, please report them. For those who have questions regarding any media outlets being posted on this subreddit, please click [here](https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/wiki/approveddomainslist) to review our details as to our approved domains list and outlet criteria. *** *I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/politics) if you have any questions or concerns.*


autotldr

This is the best tl;dr I could make, [original](https://www.newsweek.com/aoc-calls-out-senate-democrats-blocking-crucial-items-partys-agenda-1600147) reduced by 74%. (I'm a bot) ***** > Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a New York Democrat, called out moderate Senate Democrats who she and other progressives view as "Blocking crucial items" in the Democratic Party's agenda. > "I do think that we need to talk about the elephant in the room, which is Senate Democrats which are blocking crucial items in a Democratic agenda for very, I think, for reasons that I don't think hold a lot of water," Ocasio-Cortez told CNN. The New York congresswoman questioned the viability of bipartisan compromise, arguing that it's unlikely 10 GOP senators will sign on to Democrats' key legislative priorities. > The congresswoman questioned why Democrats should seek bipartisan compromise to get 60 Senate votes "Where we do very, very little and the scope of that is defined by a Republican minority that has not been elected to lead.". ***** [**Extended Summary**](http://np.reddit.com/r/autotldr/comments/nyzihs/aoc_calls_out_senate_democrats_for_blocking/) | [FAQ](http://np.reddit.com/r/autotldr/comments/31b9fm/faq_autotldr_bot/ "Version 2.02, ~582580 tl;drs so far.") | [Feedback](http://np.reddit.com/message/compose?to=%23autotldr "PM's and comments are monitored, constructive feedback is welcome.") | *Top* *keywords*: **filibuster**^#1 **Senate**^#2 **Democrat**^#3 **compromise**^#4 **senator**^#5


neverbetray

The push for bipartisanship will disappear if the Republicans regain power. We will go back to having the Democrats literally locked out of the room while the Republicans negotiate with each other.


ChipOnly

Washington Generals, paid to lose


TheGentlemanBeast

I wonder if AOC is the democrat Mitt Romney. The party elected voice of reason, that we can rally behind while they give no fucks, who will eventually run for President.


Brobeast

No, I just think she's a person in congress that sees all the fucked up chaos and self sabotage that's going on; she's doing what little she can to call people out. At the end of the day, no one picked her as "the voice of reason"; she was elected by her constituents to represent them. Until the rest of the country can get off their ass and vote more genuine people like AOC (im not saying because of her politics, but her pragmatic approach to legislating); our country will continue to be held hostage by the manchin's and mcconnells of the world. I just dont see why people are just ok with their local congressman being a corporate shill. Why anyone in Kentucky actually believes mcconnell has their best interests at heart, is beyond me.


SauronSymbolizedTech

> she was elected by her constituents to represent them. That's what's so unusual about AOC. She's there for her actual constituents, not for dark money and corporate bribes while claiming evil shit is what her constituents want.


yrrrrt

Mitt isn't really a voice of reason. He's the regular Republican who occasionally strays from the party line in small ways that he knows won't actually affect his party's ability to wield power.


comrade421

You know we're all fucked when people are looking at mitt romney as a "voice of reason" Wake the fuck up people


maxfortitude

Or when people believe that the political system isn’t just a giant good cop bad cop scheme equally trying to fuck you over.


sickinside_eversince

Well the evidence suggests we are constantly fucked over, I don't get why people can't see that


MeatAndBourbon

He's a Mormon. That's pretty disqualifying as a "voice of reason"


Freethecrafts

Romney is a conservative, born to affluence, head of a tax avoiding hedge fund. He’s reason, but reason from a protected class structure.


Routine_Stay9313

He's got a strongly unified and loyal base. He is a kind of an outlier for this reason, allowing him to be able to vote independent from his party. However, as you stated, these votes are often more for the record than anything else. Most times he sides with his party when it counts.


Terminus-Rex

Romney has no base left.


Salesman89

Mr. Magic Pajamas is their voice of reason?


MentorOfArisia

Senate "Centrists" like the Republican vision for America a lot more than they like the prospect of Progressives getting a seat at the table.


[deleted]

[удалено]


gusterfell

Yet most of their proposals are immensely popular with moderates and even some conservatives. What ideas of theirs lead you to label them far left nut jobs?


soline

If they are popular, why can’t they gain support with them?


SauronSymbolizedTech

Because a lot of Democrats are bought off by the same corporations that bought off Republicans.


Lumberjackup012

How are they nut jobs?


OutlawJuicyWhales

And I can't wait for them all to rise in the ranks and burn it all down.


[deleted]

[удалено]


Poli_Pundit

A powerless nation... with a better infrastructure? A powerless nation... without wasteful foreign aid and unnecessary wars?? A powerless nation... where people are not afraid to go out and start their own businesses because insurance isn't tied to their employment???


artful_todger_502

It is hilarious to see what "left" is these days ... Well, not really. As an oldie, it is incomprehensible to see *they* have trained people to think a government being a government is bad. There is nothing "left" about the Democratic party. Not even remotely. This is the way party used to be up until Clinton, it's just going back to it's roots. The people who think the Dems are left would be doing the country a favor if they just rejoined the republican party and moved them from the precipice of fascism. There is a reason no country with a high quality of life index does things the way we do. It's a shame people can't see that because they've been trained to think it's noble to suffer so someone else can prosper.


Hazzard01County

I agree that we spend too much on foreign aid, but that’s part of the reason that America is the greatest country. The world is better because America always steps up. As for insurance, if you don’t have employer coverage, you can go for private, or the ACA.


gusterfell

The US does give more in aid than any other country, it's true. We're also by far the wealthiest country, so we should be giving the most. Adjusted for GDP, we're actually one of the [least generous](http://citizenjoe.org/node/132) among wealthy countries. America "steps up" the way Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk [pay income tax](https://www.deseret.com/2021/6/8/22524295/jeff-bezos-elon-musk-federal-income-tax).


RedLanternScythe

Rep Omar was right, "It's all about the Benjamins". The media needs to start talking about who donates to a politician every time they are for or against a bill.


ContinuingResolution

The media is funded by the same donors. Why would they do that? They would out themselves


btz312

Moderates howl at the condition of our country and democracy yet refuse that big, fundamental changes need to be made. You centrists are the bottleneck MLK talked about. And the Republicans will be back because nowhere near enough people trust the Dems. And they shouldn’t.


iamiamwhoami

I don’t see people like Manchin howling at the condition of our country. They seem to mostly think it’s in a good state. It’s not moderates like Biden that are holding up policy. It’s conservative like Manchin.


TheFDRProject

Corporate media still calls Manchin a "moderate". No matter how popular the reforms he is blocking are. Biden seems to be using the Obama playbook where he publicly supports centrist reforms but won't do much on it. I mean he won't even put a drug pricing bill in his budget proposal. And that's the most popular reform Dems have. Plus he sure took the side of the parliamentarian on the min wage real fast


SauronSymbolizedTech

> They seem to mostly think it’s in a good state. Right. The 'moderates' see right wing extremism run amok, the rise of domestic terrorism, the collapse of rule of law and AGREE with it. NOT wanting America to burn down and fail is tOo FaR lEfT for these people.


[deleted]

The Senate Democrats are the people AOC should be calling out more, not Biden or Harris. They're the ones effectively holding your country hostage and not agreeing to vote on the important policies.


WhatIsToBeD0ne

Why not call out Biden? Which Joe is president, Manchin or Biden? According to Biden, Manchin is.


RTrover

Joe can only set an agenda and sign bills into law. The legislative branch, specifically the senate is the problem. Separation of powers, checks and balances… Joe can’t make Manchin do anything, that’s why they have leadership in each party to whip politicians in support of bills. Joe doesn’t have time to do that unless he wants to make a point and meet with the squeaky wheels to facilitate comprise or an agreement.


WhatIsToBeD0ne

Biden has the bully pulpit. If he actually wanted to, he could *easily* put pressure on Manchin by going to WV as Harris did earlier this year. Manchin immediately folded after she gave a couple interviews. Biden's the God damn president of the US; he needs to start acting like it.


PepeSylvia11

If it were easy and would accomplish something he’d have already done it. But I guess a random redditor knows more than someone whose been in national politics for the majority of his life.


Xerazal

>If Biden actually meant what he said about what he supported and cared to get shit done he’d have already done it. FTFY


KarlClausewitz

Clearly you don’t understand anything about WV.


WhatIsToBeD0ne

Much better than you actually. West Virginians overwhelmingly [supports HR1](https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/07/joe-manchin-voting-rights-bill-democrats-splits) and their own senator is standing in the way. If Biden applies even a little bit of pressure like [Harris did](https://www.wsaz.com/2021/01/30/sen-joe-manchin-reacts-to-wsaz-interview-with-vice-pres-kamala-harris/), Manchin will bend over.


CAllD2B

Senator**s**


BidenWon

This is a fantasy.


GodlyPain

As you pointed out Harris did that earlier this year... Do you not remember what Manchin's response was? His response was effectively "Do that again, and I switch parties"


WhatIsToBeD0ne

Of course I remember. His response was ["yes boss, I'm sorry boss."](https://news.yahoo.com/manchin-support-democrats-reconciliation-bill-183600667.html)


ctuwallet24

That article seems to indicate that it was the GOP Gov of WV whose support got him to give in. A Republican convinced Manchin.


WhatIsToBeD0ne

It's undeniable that Harris contributed in changing his mind considering how hard Manchin was crying on TV after her visit to his state. She might not have been the only one who did mind you, but if pressure from the executive of WV was enough to help sway him, imagine what would happen if the executive of the entire US started doing it. Either way, only one way to find out and it's a hell of a lot more productive than Biden twiddling his thumbs.


ctuwallet24

Agreed, the real question is how do you get that out to a population that has been conditioned to oppose anything that came from a Democrat. Biden won’t reach them. I think if Mitt has any intention of running again in the future, this will have to be on him. Send him on those Trump rallies to speak directly to the people on why he is caucusing with the Democrats but frame it in an overall American Conservative window.


piraticalmoose

> If he actually wanted to, he could easily put pressure on Manchin by going to WV as Harris did earlier this year. You think a guy who lost the state to Trump by 40 points is going to worry Manchin?


Bardali

Can Joe Biden waive much of the federally held student debt? And did he promise to do something about student debt? Did Joe Biden promise to respect the Iran Nuclear deal? And would it be in his power to do so? Is Joe Biden the executive that is still putting kids in cages (although he doesn’t separate them as a deterrent like Trump did) ?


CAllD2B

To your last point what exactly is your answer to an unaccompanied minor crossing the border? Presumably not leave them out in the middle of the desert. The conditions in which they are kept are currently are vastly different than the conditions in which they were held under the prior fascist administration. Of course, infighting between the Communists and the Social Democrats was one of the largest reasons for the rise of fascism in Germany so if that’s your goal then by all means continue commenting without nuance and conflating intentional genocide to bureaucratic delay.


Bardali

> To your last point what exactly is your answer to an unaccompanied minor crossing the border? Two points about this, one I personally don’t think they need to be put in cages. So you can let them go into the custody of family members or proper child care services. Two, if Joe Biden wanted to make this point (which is fair) why did they ramble about kids in cages at all? > The conditions in which they are kept are currently are vastly different than the conditions in which they were held under the prior fascist administration. Can you detail how the circumstances are vastly different? As to your final rant, how does it make any sense? Joe Biden promises certain things, people claim he can’t deliver them because reasons. I point to stuff he could unilaterally act on and somehow I am responsible for the rise of fascism?


ContinuingResolution

There’s a reason he won’t sign off an EO to forgive 50k student debt


RTrover

What’s the reason then?


victorvictor1

McConnell's strategy is to divide and conquer the democrats. Don't help McConnell https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/558085-mcconnell-seeks-to-divide-and-conquer-democrats


Crommach

That doesn't mean "don't criticize any Democrats". Especially when you've got ones like Manchin or Sinema voting against the Dem platform and, you know, actually dividing the Democrats.


CAllD2B

You’re right it means being intelligent about the words you use when criticizing the Democrats


WhatIsToBeD0ne

Manchin is dividing democrats by blocking the party's agenda. Manchin is doing McConnell's bidding.


stoutshrimp

What would you rather do, praise Manchin, Sinema and the other moderates voting against good policies?


Yurqle

Then maybe the dems in power should actually try to reconcile with the progressives. (Edited “true left” to “progressives” to clarify my initial intent)


piraticalmoose

Or maybe the "true left" should recognize that they're a minority even in their own party and don't get to dictate the agenda?


Yurqle

There’s a difference between controlling the agenda and having an influence. Neoliberals dictate the agenda and try their best to avoid or minimize the agendas of progressives. If they do that, can you tell me why progressives should vote for them? Some democrats spite progressives more than they do Republicans.


piraticalmoose

>If they do that, can you tell me why progressives should vote for them? Believe me, I'd be delighted if they didn't. Democrats splitting up their coalition would go a long way towards getting Republicans elected, which would be an end to all y'all's anti-2A nonsense. Oh, that's why any progressive with a brain should vote for them, by the way.


thirdegree

Hate being a lefty that likes guns. The one issue dems apparently actually care about, and I disagree with them on it. Very frustrating. On the other hand, they're not fascists which is my single issue. Although Manchin's definitely enabling facism. Meh. Still better than a Republican, just


what_if_Im_dinosaur

Maybe centrists should realize we're part of the party and you can't win without us instead of giving the left nothing and then throwing a hissy fit about the left/the youth/minorities not turning out when dems lose.


alexagente

But don't you understand? They're totally justified since they don't vote so they don't deserve to be catered to!


decojason

Why would we want to help the true left? We are liberals. I'm a part of the Democrat Party and a registered Democrat, not the CPUSA


WhatIsToBeD0ne

So transparent lmao


Antique-Firefighter5

Dude. You follow Vaush... enough said.


WhatIsToBeD0ne

You mean the guy who raised 300k for Palestinian children victims of Israeli violence and humiliates the far right on a daily basis? Of course I follow him, he's based.


gusterfell

Psst... No Democrat would use the term "Democrat Party."


Exodus111

So... a pro-choice republican. How about you get out the way and let progressives save the country before it's too late.


decojason

Ahhh I see you subscribe to the "everything right of Marxism is fascism". But answer me this, what is your definition of "save the country before it's too late"? The most left I'm willing to go is Social Democracy but it doesn't seem you would be willing to stop there.


Exodus111

No, social democracy is more than enough. The world has become globalized, under a globalized market based system if you make more than 36 thousand per year you are a member of the global 1%. This is something that has been largely ignored in the west because of the historically unevenly divided world wide wealth. But there's no reason for that division to continue, in fact it's breaking down all around us. Slowly the rich are becoming richer, and the poor are growing, while the middle class are dwindling. Until, inevitably, 99% of the population of the US, will not be making more than 36 thousand. Just like in most of the rest of the world. There is no incentive to stop this transformation, apart from labor rights, social programs, and progressive taxation. And the ONLY ones truly advocating for those kinds of policies in the US are Bernie and the squad. Biden is fully in board with the same economic policy, despite what he said on the campaign trail, he: * Will not raise the corporate tax that Trump lowered to 21% * Will not institute a 15 dollar federal minimum wage. * Will not provide a infrastructure program with anywhere NEAR the scope that is necessary to effect any change. * He won't even legalize marijuana federally. He is just pro choice, and for gay rights.


Yurqle

So you’d rather corporate fascists obtain/maintain control over any move towards scary socialism? Interesting view. I’m glad to see Biden represents you so well though. Also I just want to establish, I’m not a liberal.


[deleted]

[удалено]


Yurqle

I’m glad you feel so strongly about obeying your corporate overlords. And just to establish, social democracy is still pretty removed from the actual democratic platform currently. Let’s not forget Biden said he still wouldn’t support M4A even if the senate somehow passed it.


Bardali

Acting that way will get you Trump in 2024 again.


WhatIsToBeD0ne

That's what they want.


CAllD2B

Let’s start with how the other major party is currently fascist. Then move on to how you lose every election if they keep oppressing people and removing human rights (you know the things you’re by definition suppose to believe in as a Liberal) followed up by how the infrastructure plan helps everyone and expands our economy


FuckUAndUrFamily

> Don't help McConnell The Democrats are doing a good enough job of that all on their own.


Poli_Pundit

HoW DaRe YoU CrItIcIzE tHe DeMs??!!?#$? BlUe No MaTtEr WhO (unless it's the progressives, whom I'll actively discourage from running always, anytime and anywhere)


iamiamwhoami

That’s not the important question. It’s a handful of Senators that are holding up legislation. Being president doesn’t mean you get to give orders to Senators. Our government specifically doesn’t work that way.


Yoyoyoyoy0yoy0

The presidents job is to get people to fall in line with his agenda, by offering funding for projects in their districts etc. you scratch my back I’ll scratch yours type of relationship. Biden just isn’t good at governing from what I’ve seen


iamiamwhoami

That’s a bad conclusion. There’s only so much you can sway members of Congress to move from their beliefs towards your policy agenda. Is this the first time you’re paying attention to politics? The history of this country is full of examples where a President had trouble passing his agenda because of holdouts in Congress. That’s just the way our system works. You can’t just expect to accomplish everything you want by scratching a few backs.


TheOblongGong

Do you really think anyone else is going to get Manchin to go against his corporate funding? Frankly with the cards that were dealt this election cycle I can't honestly say I think someone else would get this legislation passed from the president's seat. The focus should be on winning a bunch of purple state senate seats so we don't have to focus on 1 or 2 shill senators, and primarying out these old dogs in safe blue states.


Yoyoyoyoy0yoy0

Then tell manchin that they’ll fund his opponent next cycle, there’s so much that could be done but Biden is just sitting on his ass


CAllD2B

First he doesn’t have an opponent next cycle. Second, they’re not funding grass roots work there NOW so it’s already too late


[deleted]

[удалено]


BidenWon

Pundits are a great way to get misinformed.


Yoyoyoyoy0yoy0

Anything to say about the content or are you just gonna attack the guys character


Mr_frumpish

You suggest AOC should attack Democrats, I would prefer to see her attack Republicans. ​ There is arguably a chance to primary Sinema and make her seat bluer than it is. There is no chance, zero, nada, zilch to primary Manchin from the left and keep the seat. We could primary Manchin of course, but it would only mean the Republican challenger would flip the seat red. ​ On the other aisle though, maybe we could beat Portman or Toomey or Johnson or Rubio. This way we have a chance to increase our voting block.


ferb2

If we want less Manchins we need to be willing to criticize them that's how you change the party. You can't optimize what you can't criticize.


AceValentine

Unrelated but has any politician ever gone from the house to the senate?


Extreme_Ad6519

Yeah, plenty of them. Sinema for example.


AceValentine

Cool, thanks for the info. I tried googling and couldn't find much on it


BidenWon

I would guess that nearly half of the current Senators were in the House first.


Poli_Pundit

Call Biden out for promising to be able to work with Republicans during the election and now not even being able to get his own party to agree with him.


Hazzard01County

Yep.


Erocdotusa

Manchin may as well just defect already. Guy is useless


goatmash

Or just go missing.


[deleted]

Now is the time for scorched earth or we’ll actually experience it.


soggyBread1337

Can we get rid of political parties and get money out of politics already?


goatmash

Short of secret jury representation its not possible to prevent politicians from conspiring to vote in blocs. As long as a representative can be identified they can be bargained with which will result in allegiances and agreements, ie being a party. Edit: Agree totally about the money though. Don't exactly know why donating money is 'free speech', because its not speech, its paying bills.


BidenWon

That's actually a misconception. Donating isn't considered free speech. Citizens United determined that voicing your support for a candidate is free speech, and that includes buying a billboard to announce it to the world. From a legal perspective, it's an important distinction.


Mr_frumpish

Apparently not everyone in the party has the same legislative goals as she does.


Poli_Pundit

Do you know what "party's agenda" is? It's the agenda agreed upon after the democratic primaries. Agreed upon being the operative phrase


BidenWon

They even put it in writing https://democrats.org/where-we-stand/party-platform/


thatsmytradecraft

Getting rid of the filibuster is pointless. You won’t get 50 Democrats on board with every bill anyway. They should focus on growing their lead a bit in 2022 and then revisit the idea.


Tigersharktopusdrago

Its sad when the Democrats can’t vote as a party. Republicans do it every time.


zZaphon

I know what a fucking joke.


thatsmytradecraft

I think that’s a strength. The Democrats have built a very diverse coalition. It make sense they don’t vote as a monolithic entity.


spacegamer2000

Democrats lose even when they win. Not much of a strength.


thatsmytradecraft

I mean I think their biggest problem is their voters aren’t as motivated and dedicated as conservative voters. Republicans vote every election every time as a part of their lifestyle. There are many Democrats or progressives who actively brag about not voting unless they get everything they want or the guy they want.


Earthtone_Coalition

>There are many Democrats or progressives who actively brag about not voting unless they get everything they want or the guy they want. Which would seem to indicate that your suggestion to "focus on growing their lead a bit in 2022 and then revisit the idea" won't work so long as Republicans are able to use the filibuster to deny Democrats any legislative victories. Whereas if they get rid of the filibuster, they'll have a better shot at passing legislation popular with their constituents.


micelimaxi

>their voters aren’t as motivated and dedicated And this happens directly because of the thing you said democrats should focus on and what their strength is. If the democrats don't pass any legislation their voters won't be motivated and therefore won't grow their lead in 2022, quite the opposite, it will end up like Obama getting obliterated nationwide, losing 1030 seats by the end of his presidency. They spent the entire Georgia senatorial election talking about the massive legislation they could do with a majority and did nothing with it. In this century the democrats haven't passed any of the most important legislation for their voters, healthcare, immigration, drugs, climate change, inequality, police reform, guns, student loans, ending wars, minimum wage. The second Trump got into office he started doing all of the main things his voters wanted, all monstruosities of course which luckily motivated the democrats to go against him hard, and even though he maintained his voters motivated they are a minority (he only lost 19% of his voters from the presidential to his first midterm, for context Obama lost 40%)


ElectricalBunny3

There's nothing motivated or dedicated about conservatives, they're hard-wired to deny others what they want, that's what they gain pleasure from the most. That doesn't require any special level of motivation, it only requires being an asshole. And for the record, the "Democrats" bragging about not voting are not usually Democrats.


CAllD2B

A coalition that can’t do anything. Literally the Weimar Republic


thatsmytradecraft

They’ve do more in the past 6 months than some administrations get done in a term.


CAllD2B

Name some them. Beside ‘undoing a small amount of what the fascist regime did’


Poli_Pundit

Why not both? Get rid of the filibuster and grow the lead so getting 50 dems doesn't mean unanimous vote?


ADrenalineDiet

They can't grow their lead if the red states all pass voter suppression bills. Progressives lost the fight before it had even begun, hamstrung by the fact that the Democratic party is mostly neoliberal and right-of-center. The will to fix our nation simply isn't there.


CrimsonK-9

The will to support unpopular socialist progressive proposals is what's not there. Half the stuff they *really* want to do would get the Dems swept out of both house inside of two years.


ADrenalineDiet

I'd argue that the policies pushed by US progressives are widely supported according to polls and about as "extreme socialist" as the moderate centrists elsewhere. I'm sure things will turn out great once elections are wholly compromised because the Dems refused to act when it was necessary.


CrimsonK-9

Transformative Justice and gun grabs and abolishing the police could not BE more unpopular. Try explaining to a rape victim that the answer to giving them justice for their injury is getting a sincere "sorry" from their rapist and getting him into a really good counseling program.


micelimaxi

The progressives are the ones that focus less on guns, there's literally 1 progressive in Congress who ran on abolishing the police, and progressive prosecutors have been doing insanely well in the last few year


ADrenalineDiet

Taking your guns and abolishing the police has never been the position of US progressives, you're arguing against a strawman.


CrimsonK-9

I understand that. But most people tend to hear the actual words that come.out of people's mouths, and not the nuances behind them. Progressive messaging is abominable. Edit: I notice you skipped "transformative justice"....


ididntdoitordidihuh

Ya cause this country can wait longer before we join the rest of the world with progressive policies…


thatsmytradecraft

Well stop training your fire on the members of your coalition and start organizing.


ElevatorInfamous1646

GTFOH with that BS. The people holding up Biden's agenda are people in our own party everyone knew the Republicans were never going to work with Biden in a serious way so it was up to our coalition to not act like morons and blow this whole thing. If we get blasted in the mid-terms the only people who should be blamed are moderates.


thatsmytradecraft

How does flooding message board and social media with Democrats suck advance your agenda?


ElevatorInfamous1646

Where did I say democrats suck? I said moderate dems were playing a large part in stopping Biden's agenda which is true, and they absolutely deserve every bit of criticism they are getting. Obviously Republicans are awful, but we always knew they were going to do this it was up to our coalition to hold together and work to pass Biden's policies which has not happened.


thatsmytradecraft

The people holding up his agenda are Republicans. You do them a service every time you spout this divisive rhetoric.


ididntdoitordidihuh

Everything is organized. We have a group of pseudo-progressive elected to get some shit done no guess what? They don’t have a damn thing to show for any of their capitulations


[deleted]

[удалено]


Routine_Stay9313

This. It not even something most of us want beyond a few items that are way, way short of banning. Usually when I bring this up I get DV'd, but we need to de-prioritize this wedge issue. But, I guess that's just my opinion. Some people are really passionate about controlling guns.


WhatIsToBeD0ne

Like dumbass corporate democrats did in 2009 and got fucked over in 2010? Lol no.


correctingStupid

Democrats: "the GOP doesn't think independently! They all just unilaterally tow the party line! It's sickening!" Also democrats: "Why won't those other Democrats just do what our party is doing?"


TheFDRProject

Also Democrats: "let's block our own reforms we previously faked support for and 70-90% of the country wants, including Trump's base!"


SufficientFennel

> 70-90% of the country wants Nope


TheFDRProject

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/556701-poll-majority-of-republicans-support-medicare-negotiations-for-prescription


CrimsonK-9

I love it when nutjob progressives figure out 90% of the country doesn't support their whackadoodle policy proposals.


micelimaxi

Funny how that is not represented on the polls, right? perhaps spend less time in 4chan and more time on reality


astro_cj

Right? Unfortunately saying something that fact based won’t get through. Smh


ElevatorInfamous1646

Listen all those polls are nonsense they don't read the will of the people like Trump does /s


CrimsonK-9

Not on 4chan. Not a Trump supporter. Never a Trump voter. And piss-poor messaging like "abolish police and prisons" polls lower than a snakes butt. And I am well aware that "abolish" doesn't mean what most people are wanting to do, but again, it only takes one mangled statement to launch 1000 soundbites.


mouse_Brains

Burning of the police precinct was more popular than either presidential candidate


micelimaxi

That didn't mean anything for the elections, a bunch of right-wing democrats who didn't even bother campaigning and lost against opponents who weren't completely incompetent just used that as an excuse You are saying this while republicans media went from 1 or 2 mentions of critical race theory to thousands a week and republican states passing laws making something that is studied in college illegal to teach in schools (which when translated into reality it means making it illegal for teachers to talk about racism) They don't live in reality


Turok1134

Progressives seem to think the way they communicate issues doesn't matter just as long as they're morally right.


CrimsonK-9

Truth. Edit: Maybe "as long as they *believe* they're morally right.


lostfate2005

Lol at polls meaning anything


micelimaxi

It's so insane to me how in the US with the very high degree of predictability there is with the polls this is such a widespread opinion. I would love to know, are you one of those that believed that the newspapers putting their predictions that Hillary was going to win at 97% was a failure of polling? That's one mistake I encountered often


TTheorem

Yes a lot of people think the polling was wrong in 2016 That is 100% a very widespread belief here.


micelimaxi

I blame how the media treated their predictions, most. They showed it as if they were talking about polling, and the only one that had a normal prediction was Nate Silver, with like a 70/30 for Hillary, losing with a 30% chance against you is not insane, losing with a 1.8% chance to lose, like Huffpost predicted, is.


[deleted]

[удалено]


RedLanternScythe

Remember that part at the end of the first Harry Potter book where Dumbledore said something about "It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends."


noggun00

Instead of always calling people out why don’t you use your leverage and vote the way you said you would when given the opportunity.


LookAlderaanPlaces

Are you saying she doesn’t? Have an example?


noggun00

M4A force the vote issue with Pelosi back in Jan, the recent vote to increase capitol hill police spending. That should be enough for now. Biden’s term just started so I’m sure there will be more chances for her to cover for corporate Dems in the future.


Winevryracex

Augh; and you’re the only one in these this and the other thread even saying this. Aoc sold out. Super sad


Sephus7

I have a feeling the progressives will lose big in the mid terms. If they do the Biden administration will effectively be null and void.


piraticalmoose

Inshallah.


FaithlessnessIll8738

Moderate Dems vs the crazy left.


FaithlessnessIll8738

Remember when she made GoFundMe cancel the fundraiser some GOP made for her grandma. Had like 100k in it.


Rombledore

what does this have to do with anything related to the article?


FaithlessnessIll8738

Absolutely nothing. She is just garbage.


Neverdied

Cancer paywall link


Malodourous

Is this the real problem? They have all the Republicans and enough Democrats for perfect control?


SolPlayaArena

She isn’t lying…


aggreeswithassholes

AOC calls out ______. That's all she does.


sickinside_eversince

See what blue no matter who gets us?


TheSausage_

Now if she could only get blocked out!


USA_NUMBE1776

So she wants these Democrats to not hold true to their beliefs and instead obey the party?


Gekokapowco

Beliefs? Funny.