Who is the best player you would trade for Justin Tucker?
By - thewildwester
Thank you for posting to /r/NFL. Unfortunately, your submission has been removed due to the following rule:
**2. Add new content or discussion**
Whether it is a self-post or a link, be sure that whatever you are submitting adds to discussion. Whether it is news that has already been reported, a discussion or point of view that has been beaten to death, or an empty 'starting point' for a conversation, think about how you can add something instead. Be sure you're creating something new, rather than relying on others to create for you. Put in your own analysis, argument, or indexing methodology, and write up a nice long post about the topic. Always think about how you can contribute.
If you are new to football or the sub and have questions about rules or other aspects surrounding the game, please try r/nflnoobs for these kinds of posts.
* *Well Thought Out Ideas/Scenarios* - [Example](http://i.imgur.com/KjkI1X4.jpg), [Example](http://i.imgur.com/oIYO8N9.jpg)
* *Uncommon/Interesting Observations* - [Example](http://i.imgur.com/XPMs807.jpg), [Example](http://i.imgur.com/pmaH92R.jpg)
* *Crossover Posts* - As long as the post has a well defined purpose, these are acceptable
* **Not Allowed**
* *Commonly/Frequently Asked Questions* - [Example](http://i.imgur.com/FEznoUJ.jpg), [Example](http://i.imgur.com/MDfPkQo.jpg)
* *Off The Cuff Posts/"Because Off-Season" Posts* - [Example](http://i.imgur.com/Ae6YAKh.jpg), [Example](http://i.imgur.com/i2tIKda.jpg)
* *Thoughtless/Easily Researched Posts* - [Example](http://i.imgur.com/w2G67K8.jpg), [Example](http://i.imgur.com/bVulO3K.jpg)
* *Sidebar Image Requests* - These can be sent directly to the modmail box [here](http://www.reddit.com/message/compose?to=%2Fr%2Fnfl)
* *TIL/X-Post/"Stolen From" Posts Without Content* - If you find information that you think would be interesting, please work on a more descriptive title and fill in the information in the text of the post
* *"This Guy" Posts/Karma Grabs/Upvote Parties* - Karma isn't real, people
* *Petitions/Giveaways* - Even when NFL related
* [Humor/Joke Posts](https://www.reddit.com/r/NFL/wiki/rules_detail#wiki_joke_.26amp.3B_humor_posts)
* [Hot Takes/Commentary](https://www.reddit.com/r/NFL/wiki/rules_detail#wiki_hot_take.2Fshort_form_commentary)
* [Streaming/"How Do I Find" Posts](https://www.reddit.com/r/NFL/wiki/rules_detail#wiki_streaming_posts.2F.22how_do_i_find.22_posts)
* [Team/Fanbase Attack Posts](https://www.reddit.com/r/NFL/wiki/rules_detail#wiki_attack_posts)
* [Duplicate Posts](https://www.reddit.com/r/NFL/wiki/rules_detail#wiki_duplicate_posts)
If you have any questions about this removal, please [message the moderators.](https://www.reddit.com/message/compose?to=%2Fr%2Fnfl)
This post was removed by a human moderator; this comment was left by a bot.
While he is clearly the best kicker in the NFL currently and potentially the greatest kicker of all time, he is relatively affordable. While the highest paid kicker per year currently, he sits in a range quite close to multiple other kickers.
If I’m the Ravens I’m not trading Tucker until his salary demands make him more amenable to a trade. Why would you ever trade potentially the greatest kicker of all time, super accurate, great distance, when he is on an affordable salary?
Can I interest you in a N'Keal Harry?
You can keep Tucker, just please take N'Keal.
I said this in another thread…
I’m pretty sure if you call up Baltimore right now and offered a 1st for the man…they wouldn’t take it. Which is so bizarre, but also makes a lot of sense at the same time lol.
Not a chance lol
Just curious, Jets offer you guys a top 5 pick. Does that sway you at all?
Has too, right? I mean a top tackle, DE CB or WR on a rookie deal has to be worth a kicker
I think value wise that would be obviously worth it but I don’t think they would. He’s a legend there and very good. Some deals you don’t do even if the value is there.
I think you have to add in the impact Tucker has on the team beyond just the stats. He is a game winner. Time and time again. He's a Baltimore icon. When you show you're willing to trade that away for a big pick, you send a message to the entire organization that loyalty is negotiable. Which can be tough on players and staff.
And you'd thoroughly upset the fan base. Matt Stover wasn't nearly as good as Tucker and he still had mythic status in the Baltimore area for all the games he won us.
Maybe I’m being extremely irrational here but it all depends on the draft class imo. If it’s a QB heavy top 5, likely not, if we had a shot at someone like Myles Garrett? Most definitely. The thing is, we’ve been better at drafting outside of the 1st round than we’ve been at drafting inside the first round. I trust our scouting and drafting enough that not having a top 5 pick wouldn’t sway me all that much (again, depending on the draft class). I’ve seen too many games won and lost by their kicker by every team throughout the years, that I think having a kicker who is as consistent as Tucker has been, who is as clutch as Tucker has been, who has the power and accuracy that Tucker has, I think that’s something you can’t scoff at. There’s some really good kickers out there who win big games for their teams all the time, but there are a lot more kickers out there who lose the game for their team.
For sure, I’m not doubting any of that. Just curious what your perspective is. I don’t think I’d do it either unless a generational DE were there, but that might be the only exception.
Yeah definitely. I mean, imagine this.
It’s summer 2001. You’re the NE pats and you just traded your kicker for a 1st round pick. Shit.
If it's a QB heavy top 5 you should be more likely to take it because you can ship it on to someone else who'll overpay. You could probably turn the pick into three firsts from a bad team. I'd take that haul over a top-5 pick.
That’s a good point never really thought of that actually lol
Somehow in what should be the easiest position to scout you guys still seem to be the best. You called Payton and said hey sign this will Lutz guy and I want to say you did that with another kicker
This is a great question actually
The question is can he consistently kick FG’s over 60 yards?
If the game's on the line, he hasnt missed. So yeah
You just said no team would trade a starter for a kicker?
Pretending we didn’t draft Evan KickPherson in the draft this year for this hypothetical. Maybe Tyler Boyd because that offense could roll with Higgins and chase. So basically a number 3 wideout from the offensive side of the ball. I personally would not trade anyone from the defense of side of the ball because we just can’t afford to lose anyone right now. You guys want a burnt up Eli Apple for him?
Realistically he could be traded for a premier slot receiver on offense, or a solid inside LB.
While he’s incredible, kickers can get the yips for absolutely no reason and coaches aren’t going to sacrifice too much on that chance. Even for Tucker.