• By -


Unfortunately, there's no way to tell just by looking at it. You could call around and see if another dermatology practice can get you in sooner. If you are an established patient at your current dermatology practice, you could ask for an urgent appointment with whoever is available, even if it's not your normal dermatologist. A biopsy is really the only way to know whether or not a rash is lupus mediated.


I don't know what it is but I have a very similar looking rash. It's on both sides of my neck and the front of my chest. I just chalk it up to lupus pox (lol, I try to see the humor where I can) and just leave it alone. It doesn't go away or get worse for me with no treatment. I am doctored out at the moment and I just don't feel like making more appointments to deal with it. If you find out what it is let me know please. And what if anything helped it. I might ask my rheum when I see him next if we can throw some steroid cream on it for a week or two and see if it helps.


As someone with both lupus and monkeypox I find this comment highly offensive.


Sorry you got offended by me calling my lupus rash lupus pox. For me that is what I call them and what they are. You can call yours whatever you choose, or not.


You're thinking too small! There's other kinds of pox than monkeypox. Smallpox, chickenpox, cowpox, swine pox. If you're going to get technical, you're potentially offending *swaths* more people than just the monkeypox crowd. I call my rashes leprosy. I'm bummed that actual lepers are few and far between because the potential offense audience is so limited. I may have to rethink my strategy.


I get a rash like when I eat something that doesn’t agree with me. My neck, chest get red and irritated to the touch. I use a cream from Clinique cool lustre. It is a cooling light cream. Hard to find. So I buy it whenever I find it. Mostly on eBay Poshmark or Mercado.