T O P
GangreneMachine

I mean yeah, but of course this offseason became a buyer's market the one time we have a solid asset.


letstrythatagainn

Being a lifelong Canucks fan means imagining the worst case scenario (WCS) and then expecting that to play out 95% of the time. The other 5% is a tease that eventually leads to the WCS, but it hurts more because you allowed yourself to get your hopes up first.


danthe12man

My brother in Christ, you are late to the party


Desperate_Average389

Nah I just got Reddit like a couple days ago haha


danthe12man

Haha welcome! :)


Desperate_Average389

Thanks :)


letstrythatagainn

Welcome! I don't mean this to be snarky, I legitimately wish I knew this when I started: It's good form to do a search in a community for a topic you want to discuss before posting. See if someone else has brought it up, and if so, have the conversation there. If not, start a new post. It doesn't always work, and sometimes the existing post is so old that it makes sense to do a new one. But if you search in here, there's been a ton of Miller discussions this offseason. You'll find lots of folks debating this very thing with lots of opinions. Just a tip! Also the best part of reddit is NOT the front page or /all. That's where the most inflammatory stuff goes. The best part of Reddit IMO is finding those niche subreddits around hobbies or things you care about, and chatting to people there. WHatever you like, there's probably a subreddit and an invested community happy to discuss whatever it is you're into.


Desperate_Average389

Thanks so much man. Noted


GoldenChest2000

Yes, but will we? It seems like the possibility is becoming less and less likely...


Desperate_Average389

Right now is the time to trade him because I feel like he peaked last season


Tall_Assistant3418

Hopefully other teams dont feel this way. Would be f***’n amazing if he did it again.


SuperSwaiyen

💀🐴


Knight_On_Fire

Depends on what the team gets in return. If he gets shipped out for a bag of pucks the management looks like shmucks. Also if he signs a huge long term deal and fizzles out at age 32 the management again looks like shmucks.


jddev_

I think the top 9 looks really good with him in the lineup. It wouldn't be the worst thing to assess where we are in the standings come trade deadline. I think with Miller in the lineup we have a chance to make the playoffs. Maybe even win a round or two.


NoticedGenie66

If Miller is on this team after the TDL it'll be with an extension. If we lose him for nothing it'll be horrible asset management.


jddev_

Obviously. It's already out there that we want to extend him but we just don't have the cap space.


NoticedGenie66

Do you think this team while Miller is still at his competitive peak (fair to say 3 years?) will win a cup? I think we are still pretty far away, and a trade that can net us assets down the road when we can have a higher peak is the better option. A cap hit like Miller will command if we sign him will open our window now, but shorten it imo. I'd rather punt it down the line a bit when we can really go for a deep run or two.


jddev_

Yeah that makes sense. I guess I'm just hopeful that were in a window to win soon.


NoticedGenie66

I think we can definitely get in with Miller right now, don't get me wrong; but I think transferring his value to a bit down the line, even if it's not as much as he brings now, would be the best option.