By - philadelphia76
Dave has become his dad
Funny how he has all the energy and tech sorted for BFFs, but DPS and Pick ‘em are an inconvenience.
What a shit show of an episode. Not sure how Dave didn't realize that if he spent the entire summer in New York (rather than any of the other 49 states) it would eventually cause problems the 3 months of the year he actually needs to work.
He knew, this was always his plan, he just pretended otherwise
This is the same guy who bailed on an rnr and kept it a secret until everyone already bought it, a bait and switch isn't new for him
I’ve got some oceanfront property in Nebraska I’m looking to sell, DM if interested
He's talked, for the last year, about having to spend a certain amount of time in Florida for tax purposes.
Of course he knew the amount of time he needed to live there.
You think his accountants just never told him?
He's literally said on the DP show that he knows the exact amount of time he needs to be in Florida (183)
He talked the other day that he can save $20 million over 5 years by establishing residency in Florida. You think he figured that out himself? Of course he has people telling him these things
This was rough again, it seemed like Portnoy was looking for an excuse to blame the technology to get out of it. At times I was convinced he could hear them and just acted like nothing was working
I mean it was a bit when he was looking up who the TCU QB was
To be fair I gave up on the show before that clip and after watching that I may have to take it back
Lmfaooo THAT’S what you took out of it?!
I thought Dave's tech issues personally were pretty funny at first and then it just made the rest of the episode annoying to listen too. Also, how is Dave going to bet this week being trapped in Florida where it's not legal to bet?
Send an intern to NJ to be his proxy
Given the intelligence level of the typical barstool employee I would think it’s risky to trust an intern with 25K bets and live bets.
Find a local PPH like he used to have
Bad for the BSS brand
He doesn't have to say it.
This show has gotten very tired they need to change things up
I threw out my ideas for changing it up. Just replace Dave for the rest of the year because the remote thing is going to suck. I said let Big Ev, B Walk, or Nick sit in the seat. Big Ev is the best gambler and can at least shoot the shit, B Walk is a good college football mind and can shoot the shit, and Nick is secretly a smart football mind and is probably the funniest guy at the company
Big Ev is awful. Maybe as a 5th Mic
Big Ev? Seriously... Big Ev?
Put Bwalk on picks central… put Nick on pro football show
Literally no one cares about the football dude… schedule a checkup cuz you seem to have rampant tism.
Wild how far downhill this show has gone. Can’t miss to must miss
Barstool in general this past year 📉📉📉
I turned off about 7-8 mins in. I gave it a chance.
Pickem really wasn't good this week imo, if Dave is gonna be remote and technologically challenged for all his content the rest of the year its gonna do a nosedive
Terry & Jerry Midnight calls could be a show if they recorded those convo's
The show needs a shake up to liven things up. Dave being remote saps the energy so lets just boot him for the season to try something new. Possibly names to throw in there:
1. Big Ev. He clearly isn't too busy to do this, but he knows what he's doing as far as betting and college football goes. Look at the pick trackers for the past 2+ years - Big Ev is the best gambler at that company. Plus this would be another a bit of a new guy that maybe Rico, Big Cat, and Hank could run the give and go against. If you watch the gambling streams/Picks Central/College Football Show you know that Ev is fine being a bit of a punching bag but he will also dish it out.
2. Brandon Walker. The King of Sling that's now on YouTube. He clearly knows what he's talking about with college football and he is able to talk shit and take the shit talk from Rico and Big Cat. Again, if you listened to Picks Central throughout the summer, you will know that Rico and B Walk have a decent shit talking rapport with each other that brings out some of the old school Rico. Between MAGA Rico and the constant drug dealer/dead dad jokes, Rico was on fire. Plus, they can pull up the actual scoreboard like they always refer to TJ for.
3. Complete wild cards to see how they work:
1. Nick - Probably the funniest guy at the company. He will admit to knowing sports but he just doesn't like to show it off too much. If anyone remembers the CFB Show Week 1 segment with BFW last year, they did a bit that got cancelled that was the funniest thing I remember at Barstool last year.
2. Big Tennessee - Obviously he's a massive college football fan that knows what he's talking about. He's not a big gambler but that could be a fun addition just to get the straight unbiased opinions kinda like Deion does for the Pro Show. Plus - you get Rico and Big T in a room and let their new found friendship show.
3. Joey - He's very funny, but I don't think he knows a thing about football. Would be funny maybe once but not too many times.
4. Billy Football - Similar to the Big T part, just get him and Rico in a room together and let them hash out their issues. He's a complete idiot, but he is around the gamblers and football people enough that he can piggy back some picks.
Nobody wants to listen to big t, billy football or mass-ev
That's fine, then go with B Walk or Nick. Instead of being a douchebag shooting everything down, throw out your own original idea.
I didn't shoot everything down as you pointed out i didn't mention bwalk or nick. Either one of those two would of been suitable or even joey as a gag.