T O P

Hundreds arrested in Melbourne after violent anti-lockdown protests, police officers hospitalised

Hundreds arrested in Melbourne after violent anti-lockdown protests, police officers hospitalised

AutoModerator

Welcome to r/anime_titties! Please make sure to read the rules. We have a [Discord](https://discord.gg/DtnRnkE), feel free to join us! r/A_Tvideos, r/A_Tmeta, [multireddit](https://www.reddit.com/user/Langernama/m/a_t/) ... summoning u/coverageanalysisbot ... *I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/anime_titties) if you have any questions or concerns.*


spike4379

The videos coming out of this are nuts, people are getting fucking crazy. even seen a ~~cock~~ COP punch some random woman on the side in the face and mace her on the ground. no fucking around here


Bubbles_012

.. How big was this cock?


sang_eet_right

So big that it had hands to punch someone


Pemminpro

So it was a fisting.


spike4379

Fuuuuucking autocorrect. nice catch!


OrderOfMagnitude

Australian auto correct right there


IIAOPSW

Yeaah nah mate. If it was aussie auto it would have said 'even seen a cunt punch a rando woman'.


supersalad51

Once a penal colony always a penal colony


jamthewither

penis colony


monkeybassturd

Penial Colony


giraffe_pyjama_pants

I've seen this written a few times recently, is it from something?


MrLowLee

>The videos coming out of this are nuts, people are getting fucking crazy. even seen a ~~cock~~ COP punch some random woman on the side in the face and mace her on the ground. no fucking around here And the headline only mentions cops getting injured. Typical propganda bullshit.


Applecaesar

As someone from Minneapolis, I feel that; fuck them pigs.


1billionthcustomer

Eehh, this is like 200 people out of a city of 5,000,000. These are pretty much just fuckheads looking for a fight, because the pubs are closed (their usual battleground) Everyone else in the city is just embarrassed for them.


ynthrepic

We're next New Zealand. If this new Waikato mini-cluster turns out to be a doozie and cabinet votes to keep Auckland at level 4, no doubt With Waikato joining the party, I fear protest may become inevitable. Too many poor folks struggling, too many businesses closing, and too many vaccine/lockdown skeptics for us to sustain the elimination strategy much longer. Something is going to pop if we don't at least move to level 3 as promised. Let's all get vaccinated as soon as possible, and do our best to slow the burn.


midnightcaptain

We were so fucking close. I don’t want to give up yet but the situations just not improving.


Swayze_Train

> We were so fucking close. To what? Your next breakout and lockdown?


midnightcaptain

We eliminated Covid 3 times, while having far less time in lockdown than most countries. The plan was to move away from elimination once vaccination rates were high anyway, but it would have been better to have another couple of months.


Swayze_Train

> We eliminated Covid 3 times Yeah I quit smoking 3 times too


teenagesadist

Fuck you, I've quit smoking 3 times in the past hour. Those are rookie numbers.


Travis_Was_Taken

It's super easy I've done it hundreds of times.


chrisKarma

Freedom count NZ 27 US 674000 I don't see how anyone could look at how many more freedoms the US has than New Zealand and tell me the kiwis are I'm the right.


NetherKing1357

Easy to say when your country has eliminated Covid 0 times.


Nethlem

> We eliminated Covid 3 times, while having far less time in lockdown than most countries. Until we fully understand its reservoirs and transmission modes we can eliminate Covid as many times as we want, it's still gonna keep coming back because it's endemic in most places and has been for a while.


midnightcaptain

We’ve spent the last couple of years conducting a massive real world study on that exact topic. We have definitively proven that there are no reservoirs, once all cases are no longer infectious it’s gone. We genome sequence every positive test so we know that each outbreak has been completely unrelated. Unfortunately with Delta elimination is much more difficult, it’s not realistic to expect the rest of the world to achieve it. They couldn’t even do it with “easy mode” original Covid.


Nethlem

> We’ve spent the last couple of years conducting a massive real world study on that exact topic. We are barely in year two of this, so I'm not sure when and where these "couple of years of massive real world study on that exact topic" happened?


midnightcaptain

You got me! It hasn't been a couple of years it's only been a year and a half. Does that make a big difference to you? The point is we've never had an outbreak come back on it's own after elimination, it's always been reintroduced from overseas.


Nethlem

> Does that make a big difference to you? Yes, it does, considering research like this can take *decades* and not "barely two years" most of which have been spent on vaccination efforts while any origins debate was dominated by silly politics ala "It has to have come from China, probably even a laboratory!". > The point is we've never had an outbreak come back on it's own after elimination, it's always been reintroduced from overseas. That's the current theory, one built on our lackluster understanding of its reservoirs and modes of transmission. We still don't even understand what role livestock nor [more common wild animals](https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/vms3.360) play in all of this. Animals we have in the billions like [pigs](https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/27/1/20-3399_article) and chickens might very well be carriers, spreaders, and amplifiers too. As long as we can't even properly answer these questions, that long we will be playing a massive, and pointless, game of whack-a-mole.


midnightcaptain

Various countries have successfully eliminated Covid outbreaks, some multiple times. Each time it’s been reintroduced it’s been an infected human coming across the border. Not saying animal reservoirs are impossible, but it hasn’t been a problem for us. Everyone’s moving away from the elimination strategy now we have the vaccine anyway, so it’s unlikely to become an issue.


HavocReigns

> We’ve spent the last couple of years conducting a massive real world study on that exact topic. We have definitively proven that there are no reservoirs, once all cases are no longer infectious it’s gone. What? Have you forgotten where this virus came from? It was bats. And it's already been shown that the virus can pass from human to a variety of animals, and be passed among animals. And we already know of at least on instance where farmed minks became infected, passed it back and forth amongst themselves until it mutated due to the huge amount of transmissions, and then that mutated strain *was passed back to humans*. Furthermore, the new strains contain a mutation that enables them to infect lab mice, which were resistant to the Alpha strain. This may mean that Delta can infect mice and rats, and since we already monitor population-level infection rate by testing how much of the virus is present in sewage, it's not hard to figure out how disastrous it could be if sewer rats are now susceptible. It's not going away. https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00531-z


midnightcaptain

I’m sure it’s possible, but we haven’t run into that issue. Probably because limiting the initial spread is crucial to getting to elimination. By the time you have the virus spreading among animals it’s likely so entrenched that elimination is no longer practical anyway.


AaronM04

Aren't there animal reservoirs of covid? At least in the US, we have infected deer.


midnightcaptain

With level 4 restrictions no one is coming into contact with wild animals and we haven’t seen any spread caused by household pets either. I’m sure it’s theoretically possible, but we didn’t see it happen after any of our outbreaks.


[deleted]

[удалено]


midnightcaptain

Keeping covid at zero forever was never any country's plan, including Australia where they've tied specific vaccination targets with lifting of restrictions. When something strikes you as "pure lunacy" that's a signal to check if you have your facts straight. Lockdowns and border controls are necessary when vaccination coverage is not high enough to prevent overwhelming the healthcare system and mass death. And a \~1% death rate and \~5% hospitalization rate with a virus that spreads like wildfire is a big fucking problem, don't minimize it just because you don't know how numbers work.


LazyBrigade

It sounds an awful lot like you've been getting your news from sources in the US who try to morph Australia into some false example for their own political gain, disguising personal opinion as fact. How on earth do you think lockdowns are ineffective? The USA has what? 205 deaths per 100k population? Versus Australia with 5 (five). All lockdown and no vaccine. And to use the 99% survival rate as an argument to 'let her rip' means you have to intentionally ignore the irreparable lung damage of those effected, that premature births are twice as likely amongst those infected (and the health issues and disabilities associated with that), and that a 1% mortality rate is still ten times higher than the flu.


Atrampoline

The likelihood of COVID being "eliminated" is essentially 0. That's like saying you are going to eliminate the flu. It will NEVER happen. The delta variant ALREADY affects vaccinated people, so what in the actual hell do you think getting everyone vaccinated will do in terms of eradicating case count? The entire focus of the Australian government is a logical fallacy and has no basis in science or data.


StaryWolf

>The likelihood of COVID being "eliminated" is essentially 0. That's like saying you are going to eliminate the flu. It will NEVER happen. Right but you can mitigate cases as best as possible until enough people are vaccinated. >The delta variant ALREADY affects vaccinated people, so what in the actual hell do you think getting everyone vaccinated will do in terms of eradicating case count? The delta variety does NOT infect vaccinated people at the same rate as u vaccinated people, and less than 1% of Covid deaths are vaccinated people. >The entire focus of the Australian government is a logical fallacy and has no basis in science or data. Science and data pretty clearly state that vaccines work at reducing Covid infection, and significantly reducing Covid hospitalization and death rates. You are objectively wrong.


Terminal-Psychosis

> less than 1% of Covid deaths are vaccinated people. This is a completely ridiculous lie. Over half the serious cases in ICU are from the "vaccinated". You cannot keep the whole country living under a tyrannical boot-heel forever. They've already done horrific damage to SOO many people's lives. For absolutely nothing. The vaccines were never very effective, right from the start. You could vaccinate everyone tomorrow and it would make no difference. Everyone will catch it eventually, and no number of vaccines will ever be enough. These abusive, anti-science lockdowns are doing massive damage, far more than the virus itself ever could.


UnethicalExperiments

I got banned from r/canada today literally for asking why we got the shots if nothing has changed, and getting further restrictions placed on us. Ive got both mine, wasn't promoting not getting them. Just asking why we got them and why you need them to keep a job or go anywhere if its not doing anything.


StaryWolf

You were probably banned because you're spreading misinformation, intentionally or not Vaccines work, objectively. Fully vaccinated people, contract Covid less, are hospitalized much less often, and die vastly less often when compared unvaccinated people. In the US vaccinated people makes up less than 1% of Covid deaths. https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-941fcf43d9731c76c16e7354f5d5e187


UnethicalExperiments

So asking questions about it now is considered misinformation. Holy shit I've lost my mind I never said vaccines dont work either, I was asking questions about this one in particular. Cute downvoted because I find it insane we have to blindly just put shit in our body now and asking questions is apparently wrong now. Edit 3:Also the response I'm replying to has to be a bot. I never said anything whatsoever regarding vaccines dont work and they just came out with a bunch of propaganda. So it seems Reddit is actively censoring or directing any form of dissent or questioning of the vaccine policies. You know that's what fuels the nut jobs


Jawzper

> Over half the serious cases in ICU are from the "vaccinated". Gonna need a citation on that one.


-heathcliffe-

No worries, I’m sure OP has a degree in determining “serious” cases and works at every hospital everywhere in the whole world, simultaneously, like Hermione in that one harry potter movie


StaryWolf

>This is a completely ridiculous lie. Over half the serious cases in ICU are from the "vaccinated". It's the truth, in America anyways. Also not only are you lying out of your ass, your also not even referring to the stat I gave. https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-941fcf43d9731c76c16e7354f5d5e187 >You cannot keep the whole country living under a tyrannical boot-heel forever. They've already done horrific damage to SOO many people's lives. Unlike Covid, which has only killed over 200 million people and affect millions or billions more with medical complications, emotional damages from lost loved ones and the like. But oh, how tragic that some business ran out of money, won't anyone think of the economy! >For absolutely nothing. The vaccines were never very effective, right from the start. Except they are you brainwashed moron. Literally every scientific source and all the data tells us that the vaccine is effective against Covid, and I challenge you to find me a legitimate source that says otherwise. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7037e3.htm https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/covid-19-vaccine-comparison >These abusive, anti-science lockdowns are doing massive damage, far more than the virus itself ever could. Imagine thinking you're on the side of science while dismissing one of the biggest scientific medical breakthroughs in recent history, [the mRNA vaccine.](https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd.2017.243) I'm sorry if I'm hostile, but It's hard for me to be sympathetic with people like you, can't put myself in the shoes of someone this stupid. Edit: grammar.


Redpikes

Lol eliminated 3 times don't you mean you haven't even once?


midnightcaptain

Nope, 3 times. Went 5 months without a single case this year. Keeping it out is a challenge of course since no quarantine system is perfect. It’s not something we were going to be able to continue long term anyway.


Swayze_Train

> It’s not something we were going to be able to continue long term anyway. New Zealand is a very small island nation that is largely off global trade and transport routes (those being concentrated in the Northern Hemisphere), so New Zealand has the *very best* circumstances to keep these lockdowns going without hurting itself too much. If you think you can't keep it up forever, then you should understand how populous, porous and heavily trafficked nations aren't able to follow your lead.


pucklermuskau

no ones suggesting the new zealands approach is appropriate elsewhere, but that doesn't mean their approach doesn't work well.


Swayze_Train

> no ones suggesting the new zealands approach is appropriate elsewhere I assure you, many many MANY people are using NZ as an example of the effectiveness and acceptability of continuous restriction.


Whatthefuzzybear

NZ did not continuously kept the lockdown though? What are you on about? They had a lockdown and covid cases were cleared and then lifted the restrictions for which they were popular from for being covid-free for months. Until the recent variant surging that initiated another lockdown.


Terminal-Psychosis

It does not work at all. It is in no way sustainable. Eventually things will need to open up, and no amount of vaccines will stop the virus from spreading, even through the "vaccinated". All they're doing is causing massive suffering and permanent damage to people's lives, for a temporary bit of fantasy "security".


pucklermuskau

they have opened up, for months on end. as opposed to the rest of the world. so not sure what you're on about.


Financial-Anything47

Yeah, why has the rest of the world opened up, not Australia? American reading this with big eyes here


hlt32

North Korea hasn’t had a single recorded case.


The_Dragon_Redone

It helps that they shoot people crossing the border and then burn the body.


Terminal-Psychosis

Basically where Australia is headed now, with the tyrannical dictators that have overthrown their democracy. :-(


Terminal-Psychosis

Which is absolutely useless, as you're dooming sooo many people to bankrupsy, poverty, homelessness, massive human suffering. Authoritarian, tyrannical dictatorship, FOREVER, is no answer to a virus with a 99%+ survival rate. This is absolute madness.


midnightcaptain

We're doing pretty well in that regard actually. Our economic performance has been as good or better than countries that have suffered both mass death and the effects of [much longer lockdowns](https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covid-stringency-index?tab=chart&country=BRA~USA~GBR~NZL).


Financial-Anything47

So weird reality


-ih8cats-

Fr lmao these people starting to sound like Covid addicts having Daddy government withdrawals


bobnine

how do you have so many upvotes? did you post a link to your comment on some Breitbart related subreddit?


Arizth

You never were, dude. Coronaviruses are endemic diseases with wide ranging animal reservoirs. You might as well say you've eliminated the flu.


arcelohim

Everyone is praising New Zealand, except those in New Zealand.


ynthrepic

We're much closer to being like the US and the UK than to Northern Europe these days. I think our high performance on the social development index and happiness index are largely a result of us having benefitted from modern technology and separation from the British empire, and becoming very socially progressive compared to the rest of the world up until 1984. But after that our left-wing Labour party turned neo-liberal, and then with having the center-right in charge for four terms from 2004-2016, income inequality just got worse and worse, along with local multicultural tensions. Our most recent center-left government is better, but still very pro-business before welfare and other progressive reforms. Average housing prices for the whole country are $1m ($700K USD), and household costs to income ratios are really bad for the younger generations. We've also done **absolutely nothing** to combat carbon emissions. Things could get pretty hairy, especially for poorer people, depending on what our leaders do over the coming decades.


Shorzey

>Too many poor folks struggling, too many businesses closing, and too many vaccine/lockdown skeptics for us to sustain the elimination strategy much longer. So you're blaming the lockdown, AND the lockdown protestors for issues? >Let's all get vaccinated as soon as possible, and do our best to slow the burn. That literally won't work now. Countries with 60-70% vaccination rates are still having massive breakthroughs. New plan. The vaccine isn't a fix it's a mitigation plan


Arizth

>That literally won't work now. Countries with 60-70% vaccination rates are still having massive breakthroughs. Because it's not a vaccine. It's a booster, like what you'd get for rabies if an animal bit you or for tetanus if you were cut with rusty metal. Vaccines induce long-term protection on specific strains of a disease. Coronaviruses are highly mutable, and the current mandatory boosters targeted a single protein of three on an older species. The artificial evolutionary pressure ensured that that protein would mutate, and now the Indian delta and South American sigma variants are farting around, bypassing any protections from the spike protein booster made from alpha. Then you catch it anyway, 90% of cases are asymptomatic, and we end up antibodies and long-term memory cells in bone marrow *as is normal in the disease process for literally every other infectious disease in the world*. And the lockdown go on, and the government overreach gets longer...


ynthrepic

Exactly. We have reduced the death rate and severity to the point it really is just another cold for the overwhelming majority of people - at least in highly vaccinated countries and states. NZ's protection isn't quite there yet, so we still need some measures. The vaccine roll out was slow because our government sat on their laurels after the first lockdown was successful.


Terminal-Psychosis

It never was all that deadly anyway. NZ being on lockdown another 10 years won't help anything. The "vaccines" were never very effective to begin with.


Arizth

I feel like you didn't understand a thing I said, and just waited to say "but vaccines though, take Holy Vax Communion".


ynthrepic

Honestly, I thought you were saying something sensible. I guess not.


MrLowLee

>Let's all get vaccinated as soon as possible, and do our best to slow the burn. Fuck that. Fight the tyranny.


ObamaLovesKetamine

Imagine being so entitled and privileged that you think having to get vaccinated and wear a mask in public during a global pandemic is "tyranny". You folks are ridiculous.


Terminal-Psychosis

Your fantasy that these vaccines are some magic bullet is getting people's lives ruined. the tyrannical dictatorships that have taken over NZ and Australia are doing more damage than the virus ever could.


MrLowLee

Get the vax or we destroy your life. No ability to work, no social interaction, travel restrictions, quarantine camps. But yeah this is about masks. You are the product of terrible education.


ObamaLovesKetamine

If you dolts would've worn your masks in the first place, we wouldn't have had to resort to mandatory vaccinations. Refusing vaccinations and wearing masks is literally killing people. Your freedom to be irresponsible and privileged over not getting an ouchie in your arm and wearing a piece of cloth on your face is not worth the deaths that result from it. I reiterate; you folks are ridiculous.


Terminal-Psychosis

LOL... no, no amount of vaccines or authoritarian abuse is going to stop this virus. All massive science denial. You are the one being irresponsible and tyrannical. The vaccines are an experiment, and they are failing miserably. You are the one throwing away human rights left and right, over a bit of fake, delusional "safety".


ObamaLovesKetamine

\[insert counter-gaslighting retort here\]


ynthrepic

Or get a tiny harmless prick that lasts seconds, and nothing at all changes. Also you and those around you get protection from a dangerous, possibly lab leaked pathogen. We have laws for a reason. Do you want to live in a lawless country?


Terminal-Psychosis

These gene therapy experiments are doing unprecedented damage. More than all other vaccines *combined* over the last 20 YEARS. Forcing such dangerous, unnecessary medical experiments on people is inhuman and monstrous. Just as abusive, anti-science lockdowns are. You seem to welcome an abusive dictatorship. No thanks.


Jawzper

> gene therapy experiments You are clueless. mRNA vaccines are not gene therapy, they present genetic material to your immune system to stimulate a response without having to process an inactivated virus. These vaccines do not alter your genes and the fact that you think they do proves how ignorant you are.


ynthrepic

Condescending, but absolutely true. 🙃


MrLowLee

>Or get a tiny harmless prick that lasts seconds, and nothing at all changes. Are you really this uneducated about the current situation? The vaccines have literally killed people, in addition to a multitude of other adverse reactions, bells palsy, blood clots, myocarditis. Go checkout the vaccine adverse event reporting system (vaers) >Also you and those around you get protection from a dangerous, possibly lab leaked pathogen. Again you're showing your complete ignorance of the vaccines. They dont prevent transmission or infection. They only attenuate symptoms. >We have laws for a reason. Do you want to live in a lawless country? The only law breakers are biden and his vaccine mandates.


ynthrepic

>Are you really this uneducated about the current situation? Are you? A statement like this is useless without data to support your claims, which run against the overwhelming majority of institutional and government data. VAERS is a [self-reported, unverified source of correlations](https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-afs:Content:9957832237). Amateur use of that data proves nothing. >They dont prevent transmission or infection. They only attenuate symptoms. They do [all three to varying degrees](https://www.forbes.com/sites/jvchamary/2021/06/30/coronavirus-vaccines-effective-variants/). No medicine is perfect. >The only law breakers are biden and his vaccine mandates. Even [Trump is vaccinated](https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/03/01/coronavirus-covid-live-updates-us/), and got [the world's best treatment](https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54418464) when he caught Covid. You're being played by internet famous liars my friend. It's just a little prick. No need to be so afraid.


MrLowLee

>It's just a little prick. No need to be so afraid. People are fed up with the lying and manipulation, hence the protests are getting bigger around the world. You and people like you do have something to be afraid of.


ynthrepic

Of for sure. I am very afraid of irrational actors screwing it up for the rest of us. That's what protests will do.


roboticshrimp

"and had abuse hurled at them" Oh the humanity


controler8

When people are poor they cant live without working, who would thought that?


Deceptichum

You do know people are being paid if they're unable to work, right?


controler8

Where? In first world country where barely matters? Bcs in my country or the one in the news they arent, if they were they woulndt be rioting


spinachfetaroll

They are getting paid... The people in the news, who were protesting in Australia *are* getting paid if they can't work during the lockdown.


controler8

If they are getting paid, why they are protesting? The idea of freedom is that bad in first world country?


Deceptichum

It's like 400 people protesting because they get their news from Facebook and believe this is a conspiracy to control people and that the vaccine has microchips in it, etc.


uberlux

As another Australian who has been watching on the side I can confirm that those out of work are covered by boosted welfare.


PessimisticProphet

All crackdowns on freedom are that until proven otherwise. Governments aren't trustworthy.


OniZ18

I'm literally an anarchist that's hates government overreach. But this isn't an overreach... Thus is backed by the entire scientific and medical community. If there were no policies to manage covid death tolls would be in the 10s or 100s of thousands. I like to protect the freedom of people to live healthy lives free of a plague


PessimisticProphet

It's a 99.9% survival rate without a vax for healthy people and there's a free vax that makes it even better. People with fear beyond that can wear a sealed n95 respirator and eye covering outside to protect themselves. There's 0 need for a lockdown. Also, LOL you're an anarchist. Right. Maybe you should read what the definition of anarchist is because your opinion would be completely different. Like opposite end of the spectrum different.


spinachfetaroll

Because they've been fed bullshit that 'It's not that bad, just eat horsepaste'.


SoSo-7

Because they dont want to stop going to pubs and drinking.


Windshards2

*anime_wow.mp3*


Terminal-Psychosis

And how long is that going to be sustainable? SOO many people have gone bankrupt, lost their businesses. Lockdowns are proven ineffective at slowing, let alone stopping this virus. They are an authoritarian measure designed to gain political control, not health. Places that did NOT lock down are doing about average, and did NOT ruin so many people's lives and entire economies.


Deceptichum

The question is how long until everyone gets vaccinated. We're getting closer to opening up now that people are actually getting around to getting their shots. Places that did NOT lock down did see more DEATHS. I'll take people's lives over the economy any day.


Hellerick

It is not like they have choice. That's pandemic for you. It's supposed to be bad. Like, very bad.


Jawzper

Poor people don't have time to go on pointless riots. This is a mob of idiots looking for a fight because the pub is shut.


controler8

I guess not pointless riots, but they go for enough food to live, if they dont have food to lose


Deceptichum

Mate we've already been over this, people are getting paid to stay home. They are not starving victims.


controler8

But in a lot of the world they are


Deceptichum

But not in this case, so stop bringing it up as a justification for these knobjockeys.


controler8

I aint bringing this up as a justification, its because i dont want people to thing that this is nescessarily something wrong, protesting or rioting, if my parents didnt protest when they were younger, I would be starving


DankRev4N

And if these fucks would stop protesting then maybe we would end lockdown faster. It IS wrong, there's a major and world of difference between protesting for food or whatever I'm assuming your parents protested for and protesting because you're pissed the pubs are closed and you can't sit on your ass for a few months because you snort too much Facebook bullshit every day


controler8

Thats my point, but bcs people assume everything on the internet, they will read that i dont hate protests and will think that i am defending this one, wich is the opposite of what i am doing


Atrampoline

China and authoritarian governance would like to say hello.


evil13rt

People starting to snap…


RadioHitandRun

good, it's about time people woke up to this bullshit


izmzer0

The truth is always downvoted


DumbButtFace

Holy shit, now I get why police use the tactics they do in mass protests. If the line gets broken they are totally fucked.


MrLowLee

Yep, thats why oppressive governments dont like average people seeing this type of video because is shows the power in numbers of cooperating people.


MateDude098

If anything, these videos actually showed me how uncoordinated and vulnerable a mass of people is. The police shown here is really shitty and inexperienced but even they could successfully protect and counter attack. Now imagine the police that would be more efficient and better lead. Some rubber ammo or water cannons. It ensured me into thinking that Hong Kong or Belarusian protesters have some iron balls.


ANGLVD3TH

Organization is a huge force multiplier, but the biggest factor is and always has been morale. The protestors are far more likely to get spooked and back off. If they all decided to throw themselves into it and had the resolve to commit hard... Force multipliers help, but numbers are king.


Jawzper

These plague rats are an embarrassment to the rest of us Australians. Make no mistake, these people weren't representing anyone's rights. The majority weren't poor and disadvantaged folk who have been hit hard financially, poor people don't have time to fuck around with pointless riots. These were bored people looking for a fight and rioting under the guise of "freedom", spurred on to acts of violence by neo-nazi and conspiracy theorist "leaders" with misleading rhetoric. They had no clear message or purpose; they just showed up to stir shit and hit things. Our federal governments have unfortunately had a concerning authoritarian bend over the last decade. But no, lockdown has nothing to do with that, and I don't think these protesters (rioters) really give a shit about any of that. If a few of them are genuinely concerned about questionable laws, that's great, but lockdown is neither the time nor place to be organizing mass protests about it. Where were all these dickheads when the mandatory data retention bill was passed, anyway? And as for lockdown - nobody wants to stay in lockdown forever, but the rest of us are being patient because we realize people will fucking die if we jump the gun. If these people actually gave a shit about anyone's rights, they wouldn't be out there spreading the virus, and they would realize that literally nobody - not the state government, nor the federal government - gains anything from keeping us in lockdown. Vic's roadmap out of lockdown was announced literally the following day, as had always been intended. I have plenty of complaints about the cops in Victoria but my only complaint here is that there weren't more of them and they weren't better trained and equipped to deal with these morons. The last such protest was violent as well, so the riot police should have been there this time. And the Americans encouraging these people do pull shit like this in the name of "freedom" really need to fuck off. You don't know shit about our situation, stop pretending to, you don't live here. Don't try to drag us into the same stupid mistakes the US made handling COVID-19.


Deceptichum

Hear hear, 100% fucking spot on. As to why there weren't more cops here at the time of this video, the 20,000 were spread around the city and this little hissy fit changed their meeting location. It didn't take long for the rest of the police to catch up to them.


vrts

The ones here are more than likely riding off government payment schemes as their protests always occur on weekdays during the work day.


AhlFuggen

Knobs.


Terminal-Psychosis

The authoritarian dictatorship that has overthrown their government, and the few police that are supporting such fascism, yes they are total knobs.


AhlFuggen

Yeah, nah.


McBlyat710-2

"Hey, let's protest lockdown by extending it!".


DoomsdayRabbit

Sounds like Melbourne needs help from Batman.


[deleted]

[удалено]


DoomsdayRabbit

That's the joke.


[deleted]

[удалено]


DoomsdayRabbit

Honestly I was afraid no one would know.


WikiSummarizerBot

**[John Batman](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Batman)** >John Batman (21 January 1801 – 6 May 1839) was an Australian grazier, entrepreneur and explorer, best known for his role in the founding of Melbourne. Born and raised in the then-British colony of New South Wales, Batman settled in Van Diemen's Land (modern-day Tasmania) in the 1820s, where he rose to prominence for hunting bushrangers and as a participant in the Black War. He later co-founded the Port Phillip Association and led an expedition which explored the Port Phillip area on the Australian mainland with the goal of establishing a new settlement. ^([ )[^(F.A.Q)](https://www.reddit.com/r/WikiSummarizer/wiki/index#wiki_f.a.q)^( | )[^(Opt Out)](https://reddit.com/message/compose?to=WikiSummarizerBot&message=OptOut&subject=OptOut)^( | )[^(Opt Out Of Subreddit)](https://np.reddit.com/r/anime_titties/about/banned)^( | )[^(GitHub)](https://github.com/Sujal-7/WikiSummarizerBot)^( ] Downvote to remove | v1.5)


volcanoesarecool

"Participant in the Black War"? What an incredible sanitised way of saying "rose to prominence for successfully committing genocide".


theuniverseisboring

I wonder how the conspiracy theorists work in Australia? Surely they have no Internet speed capable of loading any webpage. How do they do it?


firefruze

Im glad that protests in Canada havent yet gotten violent but I feel Canada would be having much lower numbers if they did better to enforce lockdowns like in Australia.


evil13rt

Lower numbers in covid infections, maybe. The problem is that lockdowns make people people frustrated, angry, and violent (or worse). Then they start to go outside and say or do crazy things. Then you get stuff like this even if the governments intention was good. Politicians can’t act like a parent. If hey push too hard in any one area then other parts of society can start to break in ways not easily fixed. (Insert sponge bob “we’ve done it Patrick, we’ve saved the city!” Meme).


Applecaesar

Canada already has some of the best numbers in the world when it comes to vaccination. Also, what the hell are you talking about? As a Quebecer who lived through 6 months of mandatory curfew let me tell you that shit was HEAVILY enforced. The last thing we need is another authoritarian shitwad coming in and forcing a brutal lockdown where none is necessary. The point of the passport sanitaire is that we now do not have to lockdown again, just be vaxxed and you can participate in whatever.


tehbored

Lockdowns aren't worth lower covid numbers. The virus was never dangerous enough to merit Australian style lockdowns. It's just that Australia is an authoritarian nanny state.


SoSo-7

Do you realize your American health care system is about to implode because too many nurses have quit because of burnout from too many covid patients?


izmzer0

They quit because of the mandatory vaccinations. Know what you're talking about before you say things.


SoSo-7

[Bruh](https://wap.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/nurses-are-leaving-the-profession-and-replacing-them-won-t-be-easy-121092000431_1.html). It's a high stress job where they've been quitting alot anyway even before covid happened. **You** learn what you're talking about before yapping your flaps.


Obscure_Occultist

Even if you don't consider it dangerous. The fact that hospitals are overwhelmed with COVID patients warrants the lock downs. My family works in Healthcare. They've told me horror stories of telling cancer patients that they can't treat them and putting car crash and heart attack victims in hospital hallways because their ICU wards are at maximum capacity with COVID patients. COVID is managing to kill people who weren't even infected in the first place because hospitals can't treat other dangerous ailments.


tehbored

The Australian lockdowns are ridiculous, they are not at all evidence based. You are limited in how much time you can spend outside your home even if you are alone. How the fuck does that make sense?


[deleted]

[удалено]


Lone_Wolfen

Feel free to post literally any of these "many peer-reviewed scientific studies". Oh wait, you won't, cause they don't exist.


greenknight

And we're one of a few nations that could have pulled off a NZ style response. We only have one, albeit long, shared border.


Shorzey

>And we're one of a few nations that could have pulled off a NZ style response. Canada would crumble if you would enact lockdowns like Australia has. You get literally 80-90% of your goods and materials from that country on the other side of that very long border


firefruze

More context needed I guess. In AU, a stay ay home order was literally a stay at home order. In Canada it was a ‘please stay home or you might maybe get a ticket’ order. Into our second lockdown street traffic was significantly up compared to the same order last year because there was no enforcement.


Shorzey

>More context needed I guess. In AU, a stay ay home order was literally a stay at home order. To the point they banned interstate travel, and have quarantine camps and "hotels" where anyone traveling into the country had to quarantine. >Into our second lockdown street traffic was significantly up compared to the same order last year because there was no enforcement. There is probably context with this one as well as it was likely "if you're not doing anything, stay at home" and not the "every business has been forcibly shut down by the order of the state" lockdown Even America had forcible shut downs of all "none essential" businesses.


greenknight

Australia is still perfectly fine with getting cheap shit from China, just not covid. It would be a logistical challenge/nightmare but covid doesn't travel well on stuff and we could develop minimally interfering hand-off protocols for drivers and cargo. Not easy, but not impossible.


Shorzey

>Not easy, but not impossible. From the 1 sided Canadian standpoint. The US and Canada have extremely complex trade deals where both sides require fulfilling their side of the deal. (We also have complicated trade deals with Mexico as well) If Canada doesn't hold up their side of the bargain (especially at the time where Trump was in charge), I do not see America holding up their side as well, so don't plan on Canadians getting much in the form of commodities and such from America if there was no cooperation. These "tradings of goods, materials and commodities" aren't air airport to airport. We share a lengthy border obviously, so a lot of it depends on Port of entries along the borders, not air ports. If borders were shut down and heavily scrutinized, I do not see it fairing well for Canada. This is also why I think Canadian lockdowns weren't as in depth as they likely wanted them to be. Of all things, we saw pretty weird circumstances with inter canadian-us sports in basketball, hockey, and baseball as well They were complicated for teams in each country bubbles and precautions or not because of Canadian protocols Trudeau and Trump already had a tough economic time between the 2 of them. Trump wanted more domestic aluminum production, seeing as we get like 90% of our aluminum from Canada and enacted a tarriff of sorts to push American companies to stay with American aluminum more and make it less lopsided. Keep in mind this was DURING covid Trudeau was ***NOT*** happy with that Trudeau was also ***NOT*** happy about pipelines being shut down by the biden administration as well We also had a standoff with Mexico for water deals as well because Mexico was like...a decade delinquent in their fulfillment of "water" trades from I believe the Rio grande and Colorado rivers (I can't remember exactly) and Trump finally put his foot down and said "okay you don't get Colorado River water if you don't give us what you owe us"


Terminal-Psychosis

100% impossible, because that type of non-life is 100% unsustainable. For a virus with a 99%+ survival rate? Absolute madness.


Terminal-Psychosis

NZ's lockdowns are a fantasy. They have to keep that crap up FOREVER, which is completely unrealistic. No, lockdowns do not work, as so many scientific, peer reviewed studies have clearly shown. The tyrants in charge pushing such madness know this full well too. They have access to such studies at their fingertips. These abusive, anti-science lockdowns are 100% about CONTROL, and have zero to do with health.


izmzer0

Spot on. Feel like people really don't want to accept this because they felt like this stuff couldn't happen today. Absolutely ignorant.


DOugdimmadab1337

It's funny how the nanny state government keeps trying to make the excuse that they needed to be locked down, even though the government rushed a right stealing bill through parliament around this time. Who knew when you steal people's rights and force them in their houses, people tend to hate the government.


isAltTrue

1 in 500 Americans have died. Quit fucking around and go get immunized.


ARandomPerson380

Ngl I cant help but have sympathy


Deceptichum

Ngl as someone who lives in this city, zero sympathy.


taste_the_thunder

At least somebody is protesting 14 days to stop the virus turning into 2 years of lockdown.


AppropriateTouching

Its 2 years because too many fucking idiots never took it seriously to begin with.


tehbored

Nah, it's because the Australian government is incompetent and bungled the vaccine rollout.


Jawzper

It's both, actually. NSW state government was incredibly slack with lockdowns and gave a ton of mixed messages, so people didn't take it seriously. They ended up with a huge outbreak that has been leaking into the other states, causing us to go back into lockdown again after we had just gotten back to COVID 0. Victoria's current lockdown (which these rioters are supposedly protesting) about is a direct result of that. But yes, none of this would be a fucking problem if the federal government hadn't fucked the vaccine rollout from the get go. They are the most incompetent knobs we've ever had in power.


[deleted]

[удалено]


Lone_Wolfen

The issue with lockdowns is that it requires the cooperation of the people for it to work. You can't just say "I declare lockdown" and expect the virus to disappear.


AppropriateTouching

They never actually happened is the issue.


kbh004

Shit wouldn't fly here in the U.S.


I_know_right

I *know*, right? We'd have an insurrection or something!


kbh004

If you think Jan 6th was an insurrection I have news for you.


I_know_right

Thanks, I can watch Fox News if I feel the need for that sort of entertainment.


kbh004

And I can watch CNN or that guy Rachel Maddow on MSNBC.


I_know_right

*There* we go. Blocked.


kbh004

Lol. Triggered??


Terminal-Psychosis

The FBI themselves shot that "insurrection" bullshit down. Crashing down in burning flames. There was zero planning or organization behind it. Nobody was in mortal danger.


Iron-Johnno

You do know that the FBI admitted there was zero evidence of an insurrection?


I_know_right

word games, traitor.


Iron-Johnno

Nope, the protest that happened that day does not fit the meaning of the word. It’s no word game, it’s reality. Something you evidently have trouble handling.


I_know_right

Thank god for blocking.


Iron-Johnno

You won’t be missed x


hores_stit

Blocking? Its reddit 🤣


I_know_right

Blocked. :D


orangesheepdog

I respect the honesty in admitting your losses


I_know_right

BUH-bye


[deleted]

Governments are not capable of vaccinating and testing, or are too lazy to do so. Even worse, they are unable to implement and enforce vaccine and mask mandates. Hence lockdowns, a lazy and ugly solution. I hope there are more protests.


Magnus_Tesshu

> against lockdowns > wants mask and vaccine mandates ???


pucklermuskau

mask and vaccine mandates are how you avoid lockdowns, is that really so hard to understand?


[deleted]

That's right. It's hard to enforce the former and easy to enforce the latter. That was what I was saying.


[deleted]

I don't get what you are trying to say.


yunghastati

I sort of get where you're coming from, what's the point of these lockdowns and measures if it isn't really working? People are too hard to control, and perhaps it's not worth the loss of my freedom. ​ But then I remember that I want to spend more time with my grandparents, and regain my patience. I guess it really comes down to what you prefer, a better personal life, or the health of your grandparents.


wewbull

How much time are you spending with your grandparents in lockdown? Are you sacrificing time with them today for time in the future which may never come?