Is it worth buying both silver and steel swords of set?
By - Nomad_BobRt
I didn't do the math, but if you want to play full signs, I think manticore armor with howling cat potion will be kinda good for legendary monsters.
You just need a second potion slot but with that you don't need to buy 2 swords and you have 60% cooldown reduction on signs on any monsters.
I'm playing Alchemy/quenn and I'm totally going for that manticore armor.
That's just my opinion.
Thanks for that perspective. You make a good point that Tawny with White Gull (Manticore armor), would give an easy 60% boost. Plus, on that same point, with the 3rd potion unlocked, White Gull would double that other potion as well.
Definitely another dynamic to think about. Thanks!
If you need another reason to buy manticore armor: the wolverine potion increases your damage by 100% once your health falls below 50%. If you have manticore armor, the potion increases your damage by 200% once your health falls below 100%.
I have Manti silver and you really notice the difference of silver VS steel on steel monsters.
So I'm gonna buy the steel sword too.
Thanks for your opinion on the swords! Good to hear from someone who was able to experience the difference from the two.
In regards to the Manticore armor, originally I wasn't even considering getting it till later on. The reason for that is that in most fights I don't use potions, so the Manticore armor would only benefit legendary fights when potions are necessary.
While with swords, they are used every fight, so the sword bonus would benefit every fight.
Yea, those are my thoughts too. I always try to kill monsters without any items and I have almost no skills in alchemy.
So the swords were my first choice. Now that I have them, I will probably save for the armor
Using the correct sword type adds +33% damage. Re the below post, manti sword+armour and tawny owl, reduce your sign cooldown from 8 seconds to 4.05 seconds.
Thanks for the additional and detailed information. I'll definitely take that into consideration.
Still not sure if the 33% bonus damage is worth the high price tag of buying both swords.
I didn't get it. Manti sword should reduce sign cooldown in 30%. Manti armour+tawny owl should reduce 60%. How they together reduce from 8 to 4.05 seconds? I don't have they yet, but I was expecting a better cooldown reduction.
I don’t understand the math, but some others figured out on he official discord. I just timed it for them and it comes out at 4.05. They figured out how the maths works, somehow?
well it's a question of how the percentages are calculated.
Calculating each reduction separately gives you this:
8 sec * 0.70 = 5.6 sec
5.6 * 0.70 = 3.92 sec
(0.7 is the reduction by 30%)
Calculating the combined reduction gives you
8 sec * 0.40 = 3.2 sec
(again 0.4 is -60%)
So my best guess is, the game checks for items separately and calculates the reduction after each found item
have potion? --> -30%
Have second potion? --> -30%
I was expecting something like this:
- if they are somative (30% reduction from sword, 60% from potion with manti sword, totalizing 90%)
8 × 0.10 = 0.8 seconds cooldown
- if they are applied individually:
8 × 0.70 (30% reduction from sword)= 5.6
5.6 × 0.4 (60% reduction from potentialized potion) = 2.24 seconds
- if the potentialized potion is considered two separate potions:
5.6 x 0.7 = 3.92
3.92 x 0.7 = 2.74 seconds
The worst scenario would be a reduction to 2.74 seconds. But if the game is reducting only about 50% (from 8 to 4 seconds), I don't get it at all.
Hm, that's interesting. This really shouldn't happen... maybe it's a bug, or maybe there's some minimum cooldown time, the game just can't get below.
if you can make a video of your screen with your fight setup, this might be worth reporting
So there's a video posted by Efficient gaming, where he calculates all the combinations.
The math behind it is posted below the video:
Base: 0% CDR = 8 Seconds
Tawny Owl (Only): 30% CDR = 6.1-6.2 actual CDR = approx 22-24% 1.8-1.9 sec reduction
Manticore Sword (Only): 30% CDR = 6.1-6.2 actual CDR = approx 22-24% 1.8-1.9 sec reduction
Manticore Sword and Tawny Owl Potion: 60% CDR = 4.966-5.033 actual CDR = approx 37.5% 1.1-1.2 sec reduction
Tawny Owl Potion (with White Gull from Manticore Armour): 60% CDR = 4.966-5.033 actual CDR = approx 37.5% 1.1-1.2 sec reduction
Manticore Sword and Tawny Owl Potion (with White Gull from Manticore Armour) 90% CDR = approx 4.2 = approx 47.5% 0.8 sec reduction
Formaul worked out: Actual CDR = 1-(100/(100+(Total Suggested CDR% from items / potions)))
First 30% CDR (30%) = about 23% actual CDR = 1-(100/130)
Next 30% CDR (60%) = about 14.5% extra 37.5% total actual CDR = 1-(100/160)
Last 30% CDR (90%) = about 10% extra 47.5% total actual CDR = 1-(100/190)