T O P

The US should start treating China like it did the Soviet Union back in the day

The US should start treating China like it did the Soviet Union back in the day

nbk935

back in the 1950s and 1940s if people were caught being a communist sympathizer you could be black listed from hollywood or worse read this i know it is wiki but look at this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthyism


goldenshowerstorm

It's the opposite now. Hollywood will not hire certain actors to get movies approved by Chinese censors.


nbk935

i know pathetic


TheStrawberrySlayer

I heard China recently banned "foreign influence" in their media, this might not be true (I do know they have not release Black Widow or Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, they had a big entertainment crackdown, and they are banning foreign English teachers. I am too lazy to check if they have officially banned all foreign films yet and I do not remember exactly), but I am hopeful China has banned Hollywood and Hollywood will not try to please them any more.


stigtenley

They're only banning Hollywood wrong think


eldritchBat

Based


LateStageBureaucracy

This is the way it should be. McCarthy was an American hero who tried to protect us. And to the angry Neoliberals, and commies trying to downvote me, maybe if your ideology didn't kill so many people, Mcarthyism would've never been a thing.


MilkEggsSndFlour

By locking up innocent Americans for believing in the wrong form of government? He was closer to Mao than he was to Washington.


stigtenley

LOL


LateStageBureaucracy

The enemies of human freedom cannot be defeated by diplomacy or appeasement. They will come and destroy everything you know and love, and demand you be grateful for it. Commies do not share your morals, pity, or remorse. Their ideology is the closest thing in this universe to hell. Millions upon millions of people died and suffered under it. The only thing commies understand is force. So we need to speak their language.


MilkEggsSndFlour

> The enemies of human freedom cannot be defeated by diplomacy or appeasement. They will come and destroy everything you know and love, and demand you be grateful for it. The proof is in your own comments. Your opinion is fear based and knee-jerk. It’s an emotional reaction with little to no thought or self-awareness. It doesn’t leave room for standards, nuance or even logic. If your solution to the erosion of “human freedom” is to implement the erosion of human freedom, then you’re just cloning the problem, rather than coming up with an actual cohesive solution. This is like saying the solution to people dying is to kill more people.


_DelendaEst

This is one of the best vids on Hollywood commies and how the media still cover for them today. https://youtu.be/ZOtinTlx7yo


Misplay

Communists deserve to be locked up, yes


MilkEggsSndFlour

Why? Could it be because you see Communists as people who lock others up and defile their basic human rights?


Misplay

Because a communist regime is committing a literal genocide, those who agree with that deserve to be locked up


MilkEggsSndFlour

A Communist regime is committing a literal genocide today, so communists from the 50’s (many of whom fought for the US in WW2) deserved to go to jail? Should anyone who believed in democracy during the 1700’s been locked up for that belief as well? Since at the time people who believed in democracy were committing a genocide against both Africans and Native Americans? Does anyone who believes in democracy today deserve to go to jail for the crimes of the People’s Democratic Republic of North Korea? Or is it possible to share beliefs with bad people and not be bad yourself?


_DelendaEst

Millions of innocent people were being worked to death in concentration caps all around the USSR at the time.


MilkEggsSndFlour

Millions of Native Americans and blacks died in two genocides which the world’s first democracy would not have happened without. Does that make people who believe in democracy racist? Or does that just mean the people who started democracy were racist and that it’s possible to separate the idea from the actions of a group from the ideas of a political system?


Misplay

Democracy created the free world as we know it, communism created nothing but millions of corpses. Yes those who believed and still believe in communism are evil


MilkEggsSndFlour

And you can’t have democracy if people aren’t allowed to voice their ideas. Freedom of speech is literally the first amendment. If we start censoring people, we have what you erroneously assume what communism is. If you don’t believe people are allowed to believe in communism, you don’t believe in democracy. Therefore, you should be put in jail, for being a communist. > “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.” Why do you hate the constitution you dirty pinko?


Misplay

When your idea is the genocide of millions you deserve jail you dirty commie


ArmaniPlantainBlocks

> communism created nothing Communism turned Russia, a literally medieval feudal shithole, into an industrial powerhourse and geopolotical superpower in one generation. No capitalist country has ever accomplished something so epic.


ddosn

And it was built on the bodies of tens of millions of innocents. And even then, it was only certain parts of the vast USSRR territory which was heavily industrialised the majority of the USSR was still pretty much feudal. And when push came to shove, it had to to be propped up by Britain and the US. Literally the ONLY reason the USSR didn't fold like a stack of cards in WW2 was because Britain and the US shipped huge amounts of everything to the Ruskies. Half of all armoured vehicles used by the Russians in 1943 were built either in Britain or the US. Most of the trucks used by the Russians were either British built Bedfords or American GMC trucks. In the entirety of WW2, USSR factories produced two, yes ONLY TWO, locomotives. The USSR ran hundreds of locomotives for transporting troops, supplies, vehicles etc. Those locomotives came mostly from Britain. The USSR was kept from starving via imports of food from the US. Almost all of the industrial machinery used by the USSR to produce its equipment was made in the UK or the US. Britain and the US supplied the USSR with the latest machinery at great cost to themselves. The 'Soviet Miracle' happened due to those Capitalist countries being able to prop up the USSR as well as themselves AND their own war efforts.


TheBold

China also lifted more people out of poverty faster than any country ever did in recorded history.


hatsuyuki

Internal passport system was literally serfdom 2.0, commie. And USSR would not be a superpower if it did not exploit the peoples and resources of Eastern Europe... ask yourself this, would communism happen in Eastern Europe if the rapist hordes of red army wasn't occupying the area?


ArmaniPlantainBlocks

You are incoherent. Just a decade before McCarthy, a capitalist regime was committing genocide all over western and central Europe. In fact, theirs is still the reference point for all other genocides.


hercmavzeb

Fascist moment


Misplay

When your belief in government employs genocide T. China, yes you are the evil ones that deserve to be locked up


hercmavzeb

I don’t even think fascists deserve to be locked up for their evil and destructive beliefs. You know why? Because I’m not a fascist.


Misplay

So you do nothing when evil rises?


hercmavzeb

I don’t think people deserve to be jailed for their beliefs. Only their actions.


Misplay

When those people push their belief into law that make these hard times, it makes nothing but more suffering


[deleted]

yes. He's based


bildramer

Not directly related, but I have to ask: Do you agree that every reason they give to censor "fascist" beliefs applies even better to communist beliefs?


hercmavzeb

I don’t think communism and fascism are comparable so no.


willmaster123

Then you don't belong in a free country if you actually believe this


Misplay

You don't belong in a free country if you agree with unprovoked genocide


willmaster123

of course you don't. But by the very nature of being a free country, we still allow people to believe these things, because that is what makes it a free country. You are advocating for people to be thrown in jail for their beliefs. You are just as bad as them.


Misplay

I'm advocating those who push their beliefs into changing democracy to communism based on the *idea* that it could work. Communism has failed every time it has been tried and it creates nothing but suffering


willmaster123

You are literally advocating for people to be put in jail for expressing their beliefs. You are advocating for broad human rights abuses against potentially millions of people. I am not a communist sympathizer, I am from a communist country and I know how flawed of a system it is. But what you are advocating is entirely against the inherent values of democracy and freedom. Might as well just erase the entire first amendment. Of course, you types don't actually care about freedom. You just care about conservativism, even if its enforced by authoritarianism.


Misplay

Really reaching there kid, I care when people advocate for a system that creates nothing but misery based on nothing but lofty ideals and are actively trying to turn a system of democracy into one of communism that is literally committing genocide


Yesnowaitsorry

You don’t belong in a free country if you want to lock up people based on political persuasion.


TheBold

Is there such a thing as “provoked genocide”?


Caelus9

You guys realize he was openly shown to be a lying hypocrite, right? Like, say what you will about other anti-communists, McCarthy was a scammer, and venerating him to "own the commies" is pretty silly, and just sort of makes it look like you don't actually understand any of the politics you try to talk about.


MrMeeee-_

commie scum


nbk935

agreed


kmill73229

Terrible take


LateStageBureaucracy

You got a better one Neoliberal? The enemies of human freedom cannot be dealt with by appeasement and diplomacy.


kmill73229

Lol neoliberal? I just don’t think anyone should worship a person who encourages witch hunting and pretending it’s patriotism. The red scare was embarrassing


LateStageBureaucracy

Without the red scare, communism would've conquered America. You cannot beat the spread of tyranny with diplomacy, and love. Neoliberals believe in fence sitting and doing what they're told. Just what Communism entails. If you can prove to me that 100 million total deaths was a lie or CIA propaganda or something....then you might be right.


kmill73229

[Sure check this out](https://m.imgur.com/gallery/1ms9b)


[deleted]

The right created cancel culture


ArmaniPlantainBlocks

McCarthy was a sad little corporate whore who lived in a permanent state of Christian moral panic. Pathetic, really.


AdEasy819

He believed that the civil rights movement and the US army were instruments of communism and must be stamped out… Keep in mind, this was during the 40s, right after we won WW2, the latter criticism about “America’s heroes” was what caused people to denounce him and his stint of being a demagogue to end.


knowutimem

Liberalism has replaced McCarthyism now


jessifromindia

There's a really cool movie about this: Trumbo. Trumbo was one of the hot screenwriters in the 30s-40s. He was blacklisted, boycotted, sent to jail and his family had to suffer all because he wanted fair pay for everyone. For today, the film could work as a metaphor for cancel culture. A really good 'man against the system' tale.


Shorty66678

Wasn't there a Brian Cranston movie about this? Edit: Trumbo! It's based on a real guy, interesting movie


_DelendaEst

They got off light for being paid agents of a genocidal regime that was actively trying to overthrow the western governments and impose a totalitarian regime


harumph

What do you suggest the US does?


LittleBitchBoy945

Well for starters we should be putting troops in Taiwan and increase naval presence in the area. Maybe start funding some coups in Chinese territory if they take any.


MilkEggsSndFlour

Best case scenario: We defeat them outright. How do you prevent them from firing nukes before we have full control? This is why countries as large as the U.S., China and Russia don’t have conventional wars anymore.


LittleBitchBoy945

I’m not arguing for a war with China, that will never happen. I’m arguing for having our military strategically secured so it’s ready to defend allies and assets that threatened by Chinese aggression. We’re not gonna invade China. That’d be insanity.


MilkEggsSndFlour

Okay. That wasn’t clear to me. The problem I see with that is, China considers Taiwan their land. You and I both agree that an all out war with China would probably not be beneficial to anyone. But with the way they have been flexing their military might in the last decade, what do you think the chances of a such brash maneuver leading to war are? In my opinion any war we fight with China would at the least have to be geopolitical and cultural. And even those are messy. The Cold War is the reason the groups like Isis, Al Queda and the Taliban exist today.


LittleBitchBoy945

I think a war with China is essentially zero. The two countries economies would collapse in such an event. The best way to combat Chinese aggression is to do what we did during the Cold War, tit for tat build ups and fund enemies of China. Fund uprisings that come about in chinas sphere of influence In the long term we need to fund other countries in the region. Sort of a modern marshal plan so that we can get someone else building all these goods instead of China.


MilkEggsSndFlour

But that’s exactly what led to Islamic extremist terrorism that is plaguing the world today. Without the Cold War, there would be no Taliban or Al Queda. There would be no Bin Laden. There would be no 9/11, or any of the numerous bombings and killing sprees that France, England and many other countries have had to deal with. Without that approach, we probably wouldn’t even have the kind of mass-immigration that we have had coming from the Middle East that has been going on since the 90’s.


LittleBitchBoy945

Funding ur enemies enemies is a tried and true method. America just needs to not invest in extremists that we know hate us. And a new Marshall plan investing poor countries and building them up to sell shit instead of China is a great idea imo. Go to poor countires and say “hey poor countries, tired of being broke af? Well America is gonna build some sexy factories and schools and create more jobs, education and opportunities then you’ve ever dreamed of” and within a decade, you won’t need China


MilkEggsSndFlour

Tried and true how? What purpose does it serve? Who are we supposedly freeing? In addition to the destabilization and Islamic takeover of the Middle East, which we are all aware of how big a problem that has become; It also led to the US toppling several democratically elected governments in Latin America in order to install puppet dictators. The two problems eventually melded leading to the Iran Contra Affair, which in turn sparked the crack epidemic. Even if you could find a way to justify the methodology, what have the results been? Thirty years after we supposedly defeated Russia and now we have a former KGB agent running the place and interfering in our elections the same way that we interfered with the elected governments of Latin America. What changed for the better? Who is more free because of the Cold War? There are seemingly no benefits. The most effective way to mess with a country that size is making them depend on you economically and then threatening to take the prosperity away.


4thColour

>we should be putting troops in Taiwan and increase naval presence in the area. Maybe start funding some coups in Chinese territory >We’re not gonna invade China. That’d be insanity. 🤔


LittleBitchBoy945

Um, ur two quotes of mine don’t contradict each other.


4thColour

I'm sure you don't think so, that's why you people will never hold power again in this country


guywithredditacount

I think both the U.S. and China would beg to differ https://www.state.gov/u-s-relations-with-taiwan/


hatsuyuki

>implying Taiwan is a part of China OK tankie


4thColour

What about the part about funding coups in Chinese territory? I don't want to invade Taiwan regardless of its relation to China.


ArdyAy_DC

Lol. Add clueless to your handle so the username can fully check out


LittleBitchBoy945

What? To interventionist for your taste? Or not enough?


ArdyAy_DC

Well, the notion that we or anybody should just start “funding coups” in “Chinese territory” is simply a clueless statement, regardless of whether I tend toward interventionism or not.


LittleBitchBoy945

Why? America has funded tons of coups over the years to spite out adversaries.


TheBold

America has funded / organized coups in mostly weak governments that could barely stand on their own in countries where the population either didn’t particularly care about its ruling party or actively disliked it. The Chinese communist party is as stable as it gets. According to studies, it enjoys an approval rating of +90%. Not only that but it has an iron grip on the political sphere of China so how exactly do you suggest funding a coup? Best case scenario you could boost a faction within the party that has a more favorable view of the west but even then it would only be a marginal improvement, if that. You can also try to encourage separatism, which they have certainly tried in Tibet, Xinjiang and more recently HK. You can read online about the involvement of the American government with the East Turkestan movement. The CIA and other agencies have also worked on Uyghur expats and activists for a while now trying to manufacture a narrative. Remember that Uyghur lady who did an AMA and turned out to be working for the CIA? That on the other hand seem to be quite effective but it has little to no impact on their domestic affairs.


ArdyAy_DC

Yeah, the other guy explained it well. You don’t just throw x dollars to some random people, wait, and then watch your coup occur. Plus, who knows how many coups the US attempted to fund and initiate that didn’t pan out, so your suggestion that it’s easy is an overstatement on that point, as well.


Trash_Emperor

Good way to start a planet-destroying conflict that will last years.


tiktaktoe999

Whats with u guys always moving troops around provoking everybody? Didnt u guys get ur ass kicked by a bunch of sand people last month? 20 years and trillions of dollars and now that the bottomless money pit is covered, u want to dig another?


LittleBitchBoy945

I think it’s more accurate to say we got bored then that we got our asses kicked


tiktaktoe999

Call it Bored or not, u guys left in such a hurry it looked pityful. And the general who called china about giving them a heads up a week before america strikes...wew that was interesting.


ArdyAy_DC

Keep coping


Reynard81

I’d honestly prefer if the US takes care of their own problems first before they meddle in other countries problems. This current administration is a train wreck.


LittleBitchBoy945

I generally agree we need to fix our own issues but I think it’d ultimately be a detriment to us if China were allowed to come close to us on the world stage. I think there minimally expensive things that we can do to maintain global dominance over China while still investing here at home. I think investing in new trade partners in the third world will not only hurt China but help us. I disagree that the Biden administration is a train wreck. I would love to hear ur explanation on why u feel that way tho


halida

China and US have different ecological niche, Developed countries won't trust China, and developing countries needs China to grow, So US cannot replace China until other countries do. India could, but India maybe worse than China (massacre against Muslim and Minorities by the government). Actually if China fails, the whole world will goes into financial crisis even world war, because China produce everything much cheaper. Since covid-19, world is still running fine because China is fulling on production when other worlds have the outbreak.


Reynard81

If you can’t see that the Biden administration is a train wreck, then there’s no point discussing the topic. You won’t agree with my views and I won’t agree with yours. Let’s just keep it at that.


ArdyAy_DC

Clueless ^


4thColour

So now that Trump is out you guys are dropping the anti war shtick? Nice.


LittleBitchBoy945

Hey man, I never minded Trump trying to be tough on China.


LittleBitchBoy945

We’re fine with minorities, just not Chinas government. But u already knew that.


4thColour

Chinese people aren't a minority group in China. Although I'm sure you aim to change that with your advocating of a US coup.


logicalnegation

Han is literally the biggest ethnic group on earth.


Obnoxiousnessbot

If you don’t have anything to contribute to the conversation don’t comment


hercmavzeb

That’s the only question that actually matters. Are you more interested in just whining?


Obnoxiousnessbot

Lol, what? Go back to the front page.


hercmavzeb

I like how you don’t even have an answer to that very simple question. You can virtue signal about China being bad if you want, but I’m interested in actionable policy.


[deleted]

Here are my thoughts. A coalition of Eastern and Western powers with zero tolerance for aggressive behavior - if you sail into Taiwan (or anyone else’s country) waters with a battleship, every single country involved in the coalition institutes sanctions on the country. Countries will refuse to buy or provide resources to this country until compliance is ensured. While these sanctions are in effect, we should very openly and loudly work with China to develop a non-hostile relationship that even their citizens can see.


Obnoxiousnessbot

This has nothing to do with the post, and if if China becomes the dominant country there won’t be anymore American interventionism. You and the other guy are just Reddit Zombies circlejerking about America Bad in any vaguely political post.


hercmavzeb

>The US should start treating China like it did the Soviet Union back in the day Literally the title of the post. The natural follow up question is “what should the US do?” Your total cowardice and inability to answer that question is only revealing of your lack of arguments.


Obnoxiousnessbot

Lol what? First of all I don’t support overseas interventions so America shouldn’t do Policies like Vietnam if that’s what you’re asking. We shouldn’t let China take over our culture and sinicizized though. Just admit you’re circlejerking for karma.


hercmavzeb

“Letting China take over our culture” how? What does that actually entail and how would you prevent that? You’re still refusing to answer that very simple question. The circlejerking for karma thing doesn’t even make sense since this sub is filled with warhawks who have a hate boner against China, I get downvoted for stating that the fact that the US doesn’t have the power to regime change China.


Obnoxiousnessbot

Isolationism


OmegaFlameNSFW

Stop buying stuff from them


mtskin

the difference between the ussr & china is that china has become a huge manufacturing dependence for the usa. they could easily say we won't sell directly to you anymore and the usa would be in deep shit financially


jesslynn83

Step 1: Stop buying products made in China. Step 2: See step 1.


SuburbBaby

China is a growing world superpower and your solution is for the citizens of America to boycott? Government should step up and do something about it rather than put the burdon on us


OmegaFlameNSFW

I agree with step 1. However step 2 should not be step 1 all over again, that makes no sense


jmcstar

Agreed. China can already easily cripple the US Economy today, and they are only getting stronger. They are a major threat to freedom. The US should work on detaching from China totally, and establish severe penalties for corporations that bend over to China.


Luckyboy947

they do this with every other communist country. also thats a war crime.


EorlundGreymane

We can’t. China isn’t the same as the USSR because China is an economic powerhouse whereas USSR wasn’t. China owns us already. They have since the 90s and it’s *because* they are communist and plan their economy


Old-Acanthaceae6226

It's less " China is an economic powerhouse whereas USSR wasn’t" and more the fact that the modern global economy is too integrated to extricate China with an Iron Curtain like the USA/USSR had. The whole world had to be rebuilt after WW2. It was possible to establish discrete regions of power then. Now everyone relies on everyone else for everything. It's simply not feasible to reestablish.


norwegianalien

This!


EorlundGreymane

I agree with that too. It’s way more intricate now than it used to be


h495669925

No, China's economy is not strong and many Chinese are poor


Confident_Ad6435

> it is somehow considered racist to suggest that we not be buddy buddy with a country that is COMMITTING LITERAL GENOCIDE, because most of their population isn't white Not a mainstream opinion. Only tankies believe that and they don’t seem to exist anywhere other than as terminally online people. I’ve never seen them in real life I partially agree with you. I agree that the CCP is extremely evil and committing genocide, but the way we treated the Soviet Union was with things like the red scare, where anyone could be labeled as a communist


Elevator_Operators

Bingo. The narrative that the left would be on the side of the hyper-capitalist/corporate dictatorship with among the worst environmental and human rights records is a lie, full stop.


Historical-Diamond65

I think the corruption riddled in politics by random politicians is preventing this


IanArcad

Some of the opinions here could be better informed (both the poster and the commenters). 1. Let's start with how the USSR was defeated - in 1947, George F. Kennan developed the containment strategy, which said that if Communism was not allowed to expand, that it would collapse. This was the bedrock of US strategy, and although we had to ally with some shitty people (Taliban, Saddam Hussein, Pinochet, etc), it avoided a direct conflict with the Soviet Union and eventually succeeded. 2. The story of China's "economic miracle" is actually a story of US political corruption. In the 90s, under Bill Clinton, both Democrats and Republicans went all in on trade with China, and Democrats were rewarded with [literal campaign cash](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_United_States_campaign_finance_controversy). In exchange, during the 90s and 00s, millions of low-cost manufacturing jobs were shipped to China, putting Americans out of work. The policy was sold as a way to westernize China, but the result has always been more economic and political influence on the US. (And if you want to know why working class Americans don't trust their government this is why - as manufacturing jobs were being sent to China, illegal immigrants were brought in to take the service jobs). 3. China has also had a strategy of acquiring western technology, either by partnership (if you want to do business in China, give us your technology) or outright theft. They need this strategy because they don't have the economic model that allows for investment and innovation, unlike countries like Japan, S. Korea, etc. So similar to the USSR, China cannot succeed on its own - it can only succeed if it has both the design of a product, and the order to make that product, both of which come from the US/West. The day either or both of those dry up, China is finished. 4. In the 00s we were told constantly about China's economic miracle from idiots like Thomas Friedman but the truth is we have no reliable statistics from China. Right now the economy looks really bad - this year has been devastating for their stock market and there has been a massive debt scandal related to Evergrande in the news. Trump's trade war also had an impact. Apparently a lot of their new office buildings are empty and they're also in a property bubble which is deflating (people buying condos for investment). Without growth China is screwed and even with Joe Xiden in the white house, he can't make those designs and orders appear out of thin air. 5. Unfortunately I do believe that China will go to war to take Taiwan, and that Biden has no intention of defending it. Taiwan is also the center of PC manufacturing in the world and it will be hugely disruptive to the global economy. It will be a desperation move on the part of the regime and could even lead to its eventual collapse, but at some point I think they will see it as their best option. The US could counter by moving high-tech manufacturing back to the USA but that's not something a Democrat is capable of.


[deleted]

[удалено]


IanArcad

You're thinking of Hong Kong. There's no agreement with Taiwan.


kai_wulf

Look at the quality of men the government had at it's disposal during the haydays of the cold war vs. the recruits they have today. It's never gonna happen.


ArdyAy_DC

Found a boomer in the closet ^


kai_wulf

It was actually the greatest generation that was running the government during the hayday of the cold war.


ArdyAy_DC

Cool.


willmaster123

> it is somehow considered racist to suggest that we not be buddy buddy with a country that is COMMITTING LITERAL GENOCIDE lmao you guys really live in a propaganda bubble if you actually think anyone outside of /r/sino believes this The big difference between China and the USSR is that the USSR actively tried to expand communism and funded communist rebellions throughout the world to overthrow governments. Their goal was to make the world communist. China is not even remotely as ideologically dogmatic as they are in that way, they don't think globally, they think internally. The USA didn't treat the USSR the way they treated them because they oppressed their own people. The USA literally funded genocides and horrifically oppressive regimes throughout the world, you think they gave a shit about what the USSR did to its own people? It was because the USSR was expansionist, globally. China isn't the same in that way. China mostly just cares about economics and doesn't give a shit who they have to kill to advance their economy.


TheBold

>you think they gave a shit what the USSR did to its own people? Yep. In the same vein, America couldn’t give two shits that Muslims are persecuted. They blast it everywhere because it’s a nice way to get people riled up. I mean hell they spent the last couple decades completely fucking over the Middle East and bombing it to shreds and *now* they care about Muslims? Right…


redditdropdead

amerikkkans still believe they have the “right” to invade and pillage countries willy nilly and assert their dominance, colombus’ blood still running through your veins this is why I’m happy immigrants are replacing white americans not that you were ever entitled to the land anyway


Pureburn

Imagine unironically saying “amerikkkans” lmao.


Luckyboy947

imagine unironically saying americans.


Hefty_Ant1025

100%


Obnoxiousnessbot

How are they taking over our culture? If they are then yeah that’s a really big deal but I don’t think they are. I don’t see kids trying to act Chinese. The closest thing to your claim is Tik Tok and it’s pretty westernized. Also when you consider China’s draconian fire walls I don’t think it’s likely Chinese culture would spread abroad especially to English speaking countries.


MilkEggsSndFlour

They have somewhat hijacked a part of our culture, the same way I was taught, Nazi Germany did, pre-WW2. They are a major consumer of the entertainment media. In order to prevent themselves from being blackballed, major motion pictures are forced to stay within the parameter that are set by Chinese censors. The pictures are usually released worldwide. So they might not have the same kind of influence that comes to mind, when you hear the phrase. They are allowed to tell us exactly what the world can’t watch and consume. It has gotten to the point where it is not unheard of to see our elite multimillionaire actors apologizing for comments made about the Chinese government. They consider their citizens theirs, regardless of where they are in the world. If a Chinese student makes a pro Hong Kong tweet from a dorm room in Boston, he’s getting arrested when he gets back to China. Populations of foreign students is also a part of our culture. If they have to worry about the Chinese government while they’re over here, it diminishes our own freedoms.


ArdyAy_DC

This is 100% wrong lol


MilkEggsSndFlour

Were you planning on contributing, or are you just here as an echo?


Pureburn

He’s just a terminally online DNC bot that argues with people all day and repeats the same childish 10 or so comments over and over.


AutoModerator

fire has many important uses, including lighting, heating, signaling, performing rituals, and fending off dangerous animals. *I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/TrueUnpopularOpinion) if you have any questions or concerns.*


Dangerous_Onion_1819

The US is not Jesuchrist either…


FelineFucker420

What is your point? Would you rather live in a country where the government will kill you if you say something bad about it?


Torontomon2000

>say something bad about it? Ever heard the name Edward Snowden?


ArdyAy_DC

Lmao. A guy who is not killed. Yeah. Nice try.


Torontomon2000

Yeah because they can't get to him...


GregTheGreat657

We may not be perfect, but China is way worse


Caelus9

Ah yes, let's just... repeat the mistakes of the past. Fuck free speech, fuck political freedom, fuck human rights, let's just make the exact same mistakes, over and over again.


Reynard81

Why? The US current leadership is treating its own citizens worse than China.


il_nascosto

Lol dude obviously have NO idea about the police state under which China operates. Your gripes about "muh freedumb" don't even come close.


TheBold

But you know about the police state under which China operates right?


Reynard81

“Don’t even come close” As of right now but that’s where we’re headed under democrat rule.


Obnoxiousnessbot

Lol. Cringe. Keep wishing buddy.


Reynard81

So facts are “cringe”? I don’t wish the US government to do what China does to their citizens, this administration already is.


Obnoxiousnessbot

Lol. Your “facts” are fantasy.


Reynard81

I wish that were true. If you’ve been paying attention to the last year, you’d realize this isn’t a fantasy.


Torontomon2000

He's not wrong.


ArdyAy_DC

Yeah, actually, he is. And so are you lol. Wake up and leave the basement one day soon!


Torontomon2000

> Wake up and leave the basement one day soon! Projection?


ArdyAy_DC

Lol imagine being so deluded by lies that someone believes this ^


ChecksAccountHistory

by restricting personal freedoms, overthrowing democratically elected leaders and replacing them with fash dictators around the world?


Joethepatriot

We need a forward deployment of troops to Taiwan, Japan, south Korea, the Philippines, Australia, anchorage (and the rest of Alaska) , and midway. We should also consider annexing new Zealand to prevent them becoming communist sympathisers.


Luckyboy947

they haven't committed genocide since the revolution. they are no worse than the US. in fact they worked to end poverty. they aren't trying to take over your kkkulture. you hate them, they don't hate you. so your gonna blame china for wealth inequality. you can do whatever you want with your currency as a culture. i think sanctions are unfair of the US to impose on china.


CheckYourCorners

I'd rather not condemn the entirety of Earth's creatures to nuclear warfare. There were way too many close calls during the cold war.


Torontomon2000

> unwarranted hatred LOL


Obnoxiousnessbot

r/Redditmoment


eldritchBat

[Yes.](https://melmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/66f-1.jpg)


intrepidone66

Only thing that needs to be said about CCP is: https://youtu.be/8fwgVUfW_O4


Luckyboy947

brainwashed. so sad


intrepidone66

Says the chinese troll...[roflcopter.](https://i.imgur.com/cS386gy.mp4)


MartingaleGala

We’ve lost the spine that we used to have so there’s that.


TunaLurch

China is not a military threat in any sense. They haven't seen one 50th of the combat our armed forces have. They are an economic threat


BruceCampbell123

We can't though. We have too many foreign interests in China. The CCP have succeeded in becoming a hub of rare earth minerals and medical supplies. Trump was talking about reducing our dependence on China all the way back in 2015. Say what you will about him, but he was dead on about China.


Aeshma101

Might wanna get rid of the Biden admin before you consider doing that.


DocHoliday79

Based.


TriggurWarning

The only way this could possibly work is to get the entire world on the same page, Europe, Japan, India, and many others, and that's just not going to happen.


WorkingCupid549

What the US really needs to do is cut off imports from China. Because labor is so cheap over there, companies have all their stuff built there and imported here, basically making the world reliant on China. Meanwhile, they're literally building their own, state-controlled, tech industry. We need to cut ourselves off from them before it's too late. In 20 years, they will cut themselves off from the rest of the world and be fine, meanwhile every developed country will fall apart because of how reliant we are on China.


Luckyboy947

thats not very free market is it? anyway if the us were to do this china would sanction the US like it does other countries. then you'll understand why communist countries are poor.


horonlapsi

they arent communist anymore


Luckyboy947

It’s complicated. They kinda are, kinda aren’t.


WorkingCupid549

Yeah, but there are already restrictions on the market that make it not a fully free market.


Luckyboy947

It's so unfree that it's a war crime.


OmegaFlameNSFW

Well. Time to get ready for M.A.D :(


MaddestChadLad

Look into ESG's


darkValkyrie619

r/GenZedong is going to raid this post now probs.


FromMyColdDeadHand76

Most importantly they unleashed a global pandemic and must face consequences.


AdEasy819

Politically you have a point… economically though….


Meterus

It is "somehow considered racist" because the Chinese government is composed of crybullies.