T O P
bayonettaisonsteam

> All the people Ive known that used weed had a mental illnes like anxiety or ptsd. Am cool with that, but please dont tell me they are in the right state of mind to have a proper oppinion on the justice system Boy do I have news for you


Klstadt

you know it's a billion dollar industry right.


autocommenter_bot

For real what is the "news"??


autocommenter_bot

.... yes? well, what is it?


Rownever

"they seem to be on the winning side of the war on drugs" - flair material right there


MisterDuch

So they are on the side of the drugs? that's cool


ClicksAndASmell

Presidents really need to stop declaring war on inanimate objects and abstract concepts. Or at least practice playing tennis against a wall for a while before they do it, just so they can see how well it usually works.


general_tictac

[What about a war on Bill Oddy?](https://youtu.be/_Voyqy_dvRQ)


just_a_soulbro

It didn't take long for the poster to go mask off.


DrNick1221

> "Lol and u acabers still complaining about slavery hundreds of years ago. Shut the fuck up dude." OP of the post is still going, and getting a lil mask off with it.


Ithikari

Yep, because the slogans police use like "blue lives matter" is just a derogative of black lives matter.


Hartastic

Even put aside the dismissiveness and racism of it for a minute, it's *also* awful because it fuels the mentality that a cop going on patrol is going to war and doing something so dangerous he should dwell on the possibility that he just might not come home that day. Pull over an unarmed black dude, why, he's just as dangerous to you as you are to him, it's probably reasonable for you to shoot him repeatedly in the back just in case! Do some cops die in the line of duty, of course. Is it as dangerous of a job as being a garbageman, no, it is not. But for some reason one of those jobs is allowed to murder unarmed people.


Ithikari

I think its dangerous for another reason, cops should be treated as civilians, putting them as a class on their own creates a situation where they can see themselves as above other people which shows that they do which allows them to dehumanise and treat others as beneath them.


BostonDodgeGuy

A tow truck driver is killed, on average, every six days on US roads. Cops have no idea what an actual dangerous job is.


autocommenter_bot

Grammar nerds: is that the right usage of "derogative"? I think you've invented a new use of the word derogative there, by using it to mean "derivative", but like it.


Ithikari

This is incorrect, derogative means belittling or acting contentious.


DrewRWx

Especially since it props up the modern descendants of slave catching patrols.


ClicksAndASmell

My parents grew up in a town that didn't allow black people until they were teenagers. But sure, because slavery ended, everything is fine and the playing field is totally level, now.


CoryVictorious

>"That's not very wholesome of you! You bootlicking piece of shit." I ugly laughed at that one. >"Besides, is shouldn't be "wholesome" that first responders did their job as intended" Basically sums it up. Finding out that the incident happened 6 years ago and OP is just some weirdo...priceless.


cgo_12345

>>"That's not very wholesome of you! You bootlicking piece of shit." > >I ugly laughed at that one. Yoink.


ArthurWeasley_II

_one or two cops do something abhorrent_ “Guys, it was just a few bad apples, let’s salute the good cops” _one cop does something not-shitty many years ago_ “See? All cops are good!”


OriginalUsername1737

> “Guys, it was just a few bad apples, let’s salute the good cops” > > They say as they forget the entirety of the phrase.


MisterDuch

It's so funny whenever someone says the first half of that phrase as a defense to finish it for them.


YoYo375

>“See? All cops are good!” Except that's not what he said. He literally just said all cops are not bastards


Visualize_

Well I mean to be fair in the literal sense of the phrase "all cops are bastards/bad", the most logical thing the opposition would do is point out a single opposite example to refute the claim. But I think one issue is people are very focused on the phrase itself like ACAB or BLM and people who usually are against it don't take the time to learn the full nuanced take. At the same time most people on both sides aren't receptive to counter points so that's why I find political discourse pretty tiresome online. In real life it might be different but we are just conditioned to see the strongest personalities on either side by the media


fraancklyn

ACAB isn't about all cops doing horrible shit, hence they're all Bs. It's about the asshole ones getting away with terrible things with mostly zero repercussions from their superiors and colleagues which shows a system that's rotten to the core. So showing isolated examples of cops doing something good changes exactly nothing.


RootBeerRaptor

Yeah that must be why the statement is " ALL cops are a bad "? Lmao who are you fooling.


ApparitionofAmbition

There's a chant I heard at protests, "no good cops in a racist system" that sums it up. As long as the institution of policing is rooted in white supremacy and protecting the ruling class (slave patrols and putting down workers' strikes) then there's no such thing as a "good" cop. I don't care if the dude who tear-gassed me and my friends for being in a public park after curfew screening a documentary is a loving father at home. He and his colleagues used physical violence against nonviolent protestors practicing civil disobedience. ACAB.


fraancklyn

Guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit


RootBeerRaptor

Cops on average do more good than bad. They just don't show you that on the news (at least on CNN) because it doesn't fit the narrative.


BoredDanishGuy

Why would it make the news when someone does their job as expected? Fucking cops expecting praise for not killing innocents.


parad0xy

I say the same shit about firefighters. Oh you crawled through a burning building while the ceiling was collapsing around you? You literally signed up for this, stop bitching and just do your damn job.


EasyasACAB

The thing is firefighters don't bitch about their jobs. They also don't kill people with impunity and claim it's part of their jobs. Firefighters in general just make cops look like sacks of shit, especially how they go about their duty. Firefighters go in a burning building to rescue your children. Cops roll up, shoot your 14 year old child and then demand to be treated like heroes a la "thin blue line"


parad0xy

Actually, [firefighters](https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/maryland/maryland-volunteer-firefighters-allegedly-set-fires/65-5da4919f-17d8-45cd-ba1b-a24bf5641e19) [regularly](https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/national/serial-arsonist-and-former-firefighter-named-after-three-year-suppression/) [start](https://www.kltv.com/2021/09/30/wood-county-volunteer-firefighter-accused-setting-8-fires/) [their](https://oakcliff.advocatemag.com/2021/11/off-duty-firefighter/) [own](https://www.wibw.com/2021/03/24/seneca-firefighter-arrested-for-arson/) [fires](https://www.fox23.com/news/local/washington-county-man-arrested-string-arsons/EYBEKR6COVHKFEIAM5DKPJHGNQ/) so they can play hero and rescue your child. Turns out if they didn't set the place on fire in the first place they wouldn't need rescuing.


EasyasACAB

And notice how other firefighters aren't rallying around them, demanding they all be treated equally as heroes and that those arsonists were just doing their job in accordance with their training? You do see the glaring differences, right? The obvious ones? Like how all those people you linked actually faced consequences and didn't have huge rallies in support of their violence? Turns out if you just stop and think about it firefighters keep making cops look like shit.


parad0xy

So? What are firefighters doing to stop it? Clearly nothing since it happens again and again, those were 4 instances in the US alone, this year. I'm sure you can find countless others. They don't have as much outward projection, but firefighters protect their own just as much, if not more than cops, they just have a better PR department.


EasyasACAB

>So? What are firefighters doing to stop it? What are fire fighters doing... to stop fires? Who do you think investigated those arsons?


TehPharaoh

You're an absolute bootlicking idiot if you ACTUALLY believe what you just said.


parad0xy

LOL right back at you, lick those wet boots harder.


ctrl_alt_karma

You're waaay wrong on this one comrade. How you think shitting on FIREFIGHTERS is the best way to spend your time and energy is just beyond. Wowzers.


Diavolo-Chan

Fuck the firefighters coming straight from the underground


PolarWater

Huh


crichmond77

How the fuck is this real


mad_mister_march

It's not, but the Simulation we live in is trying to run Crysis at the moment so it's experiencing some weird logic errors.


RootBeerRaptor

> Like how all those people you linked actually faced consequences and didn't have huge rallies in support of their violence? Who TF is rallying in support of police brutality?


EasyasACAB

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/i-can-breathe-shirts/ >At the demonstration, the pro-NYPD protesters chanted “Don’t resist arrest” when the anti-police brutality demonstrators chanted “I can’t breathe.” And let's not forget all the counter-protestors at every single BLM rally. Turns out a lot of America loves police brutality when it's directed at black people. Like where have you been, yo?


ClicksAndASmell

Cops. The cops are.


AnneTefa

I got a lot more respect for modern firefighters than I do modern police. Well American cops anyway. We don't seem to have total psychopaths in policing over here (or fewer of them anyway).


RootBeerRaptor

Firefighters are fighting fires. Not human beings with guns. Totally different job and you can't compare the same dynamics.


ClicksAndASmell

Firefighters also get cats out of trees and help fat people stuck in benches. But I've never once seen one panic and hose a guy down because he thought he might have a lighter.


RootBeerRaptor

😐


festizian

>Wish I was a boomer lol. Knowing that Id leave this society very soon would be very calming. Who's gonna be wholesome enough to tell the OP you don't have to be old to step off the mortal coil?


[deleted]

It’s not exactly easy to kill yourself


irritating_narrative

Come to think about it, it may be easier than to defend the pov OOP is holding.


[deleted]

No, then I would have done it


irritating_narrative

It warms my heart to hear the afterlife has an internet connection.


JesseAster

Plus telling someone to kill themself is fucked up, imo. Even someone like this. Thats just my pov as someone who attempted, though.


sadrice

It’s shockingly easy. I avoid killing myself nearly every day. Just jerk that steering wheel hard to the left when there’s a big truck in oncoming traffic… The fact that automotive fatalities are as low as they are blows my mind when I’m driving. I could kill myself and that guy too in an instant, and they could do the same, and I drive past thousands of people that could have killed me at any moment.


BostonDodgeGuy

> Just jerk that steering wheel hard to the left when there’s a big truck in oncoming traffic As a tow truck driver, please don't do this. I have enough visions when I close my eyes, I don't need another.


sadrice

Not planning on it. If I ever commit suicide, it will be in a way that minimizes harm to others, and also kills me in a more reliable manner. It’s a just a weird thought that when I realized I’m driving past thousands of people that could do the same to me…


[deleted]

You know you could end up permanently disabled instead LMAO you miss the point of my comment.


sadrice

I think you missed my point too, but yes, I know a lot of forms of suicide are not exactly reliable. That’s honestly what has kept me from doing it back when I was having those thoughts.


[deleted]

That’s what keeps me here too


sadrice

Keep on keeping on, bro (or not bro). Another day is worth it.


IceNein

It's not easy if you're a moron. Automobile and a garage. That's literally all you need. It's so easy that people accidentally kill themselves trying to stay warm.


budboyy2k

That's so 1960s. Nowadays you just call the police and say you're having a mental health crisis


DrewRWx

Or just start sprinting at the first cop you see.


IceNein

I literally had a friend die while I was in the Navy because he went home on leave in the winter and wanted to take a nap in a parking lot. He left the car running to keep the heater on. There must have been a problem with the exhaust system and he died in a wide open parking lot in the middle of winter because he was trying to stay warm while he napped.


[deleted]

You were in the Navy? Goodbye teenager!


[deleted]

I didn’t get so lucky. I just cried and told them to go away and slammed the door when they finally left. I’m too white for them I guess


TheDollarstoreDoctor

While I was perfectly fine because someone called a BS wellness check on me (claimed I ODd or something, should've been obvious I didnt), but they said either I go with them voluntarily or they'll cuff me. I was cuffed and forced out of my home at 3 am, driven to a psych ER that was an hour away so it was not even the closest one, more like the 4th closest maybe. They just said "they knew my extensive history". I never told the person who called in the BS wellness check about my extensive psych history because I dont even remember how many times I've been admitted total, so the cops couldnt have gotten that info from them. So that was my first and only *in*voluntary admission, that lasted a week, because even the doctors wouldnt listen to me. I also am very white, but that doesnt always help when my medical records from years ago are able to speak louder than I do.


[deleted]

Umm cars are made now so that doesn’t work lmao. And you’ve never been suicidal if you think suicide is easy.


IceNein

Al ICE's emit carbon monoxide. Goodbye teenager!


[deleted]

Sorry mom I’ll go back to high school


AnneTefa

Christ, cops in America really do get to enjoy low expectations don't they?


EasyasACAB

In some states it takes more training to be a barber.


AnneTefa

I can see why. Kill a teenager as a barber and, yeesh, questions gonna be asked. Kill a teen as a cop, paid vacay time.


EasyasACAB

Cops be like "how can I be racist, my wife's eye is black!"


mad_mister_march

Jesus Christ, I'm going to Hell for laughing at that one.


MisterDuch

Can you leave the door open for me? cause I am not gonna be far behind you


HM2112

But if you kill a judge as a barber, it's justice done for your allegedly dead wife.


AnneTefa

Sweeny Todd reference?


HM2112

Naturally, I do not actually endorse barbers committing homicide. I like being able to get a haircut without fearing for my life.


DrewRWx

I am cool with barbers selling the remains to be made into pies though.


Uriel-238

Recent appointments to the US Supreme Court (and their cruel rulings since) have served as fuel for judge-killing barber fantasies. If only murderous barbers kept their dark work to hanging judges and other cruel authoritarians.


BoredDanishGuy

ABAB.


nugbub

to be fair unloading a gun into someone who has aggravated/scared you in some minor way is way easier than giving a good haircut


MisterDuch

at this point a cop doing his job without shooting someone or something for no reason is enough to get him a medal lmao.


Arisen925

We should make cops pay system like the service industry- 4 dollars an hour plus tips. Bet they would at least try then. ACAB.


PordanYeeterson

Bribes as income would go over terribly for everyone.


DrewRWx

That would push them too far and they'd prolly just move to an ancap wet dream privatized police force system. Most likely led by Betsy DeVos' brother.


Uriel-238

The police get most of their revenues via asset forfeiture. When its not used to buy fourth-amendment-killing surveillance equipment (without oversight), they are used to buy nice things for the precinct. In other times, seized amenities (such as fancy cars) are sold to favorite officers for a song. The further a precinct is away from a city, the less that is made by salary, but the more that gets to be collected by robbing Americans. We lose more to seizures by law enforcement than we do to actual burglary.


RazarTuk

Assigned cop at birth?


xXWickedNWeirdXx

If that were a thing, Blue Lives Matter might actually make some amount of sense.


DrewRWx

The only group that is becoming true for is US soldiers.


xXWickedNWeirdXx

Assigned Soldier at birth? Is that just, anyone under a certain socio-economic level? You mighta lost me. Army Lives Matter? ALMs for the poor?


DrewRWx

[The Pew Research study also included a survey of military veterans. It found that veterans are more likely than members of the general public to have family connections to the military.](https://www.pewresearch.org/social-trends/2011/11/23/the-military-civilian-gap-fewer-family-connections/)


xXWickedNWeirdXx

Doesn't surprise me a ton, but that is an interesting study. Saved to read later, thank you.


DrewRWx

A definite upside to having a dyed in the wool progressive buddy in ROTC in college is being tipped off to studies like this!


honda_slaps

sucks that progressives have to bootlick the military industrial complex so they can afford to go to school


DrewRWx

Yeah, no ethical consumption under capitalism and all that jazz.


honda_slaps

lmao no you don't get to use that excuse when you're working for the literal least ethical industry in the world


kalikoXO

>No one asked you to deep throat the boot damn Holy shit lol, this almost makes me want to change my flair.


trixel121

https://youtu.be/JigbKP1erio You ever seen this guy?


WaitingCuriously

The way cops are trained is a detrimemt to not just them but those around them. They literally rile each other up due to how they're run because every situation must be looked at as a perceived threat to their life because that's how they're trained to think and it's a dangerous way to live. The way the police are run currently not only fails the community but the police force that serves it as well. Things must change internally and thinking otherwise is just welcoming more problems to come forward.


OrangeAdventure

It doesn't matter if an individual cop is kind to you. If the system is rotten to the core, then all the cogs in the system are just enabling it.


TheRoyalKT

My response whenever someone talks about a nice cop they met is “What do you think they’d have done if their partner had killed you?”


Harvey-the-Pookah

Wholesome cop plants knife on 12lb doggo they shot 69 times


trixel121

Sprinkle a little crack on it


[deleted]

(it brings the flavor out)


Uriel-238

Usually the wholesome officer lies in court to verify the story of their fellow officer that murdered a Latin child in cold blood. But they _are_ expected to lie. And sleep soundly knowing a kid died for no good reason.


RootBeerRaptor

>“What do you think they’d have done if their partner had killed you?” Depends on the context. If it was justified, then they would be disciplined and the partner wouldn't have to do anything because it would be on bodycam.


redbess

You mean the bodycams that regularly "malfunction" or the footage gets "lost"?


JesseAster

This, exactly. A cop not shooting someone for being Muslim isn't wholesome, it's being a decent goddamn human being. It's the bare minimum. You shouldn't want to immediately shoot someone over that.


RootBeerRaptor

So what's that individual cop supposed to do, quit his job overnight?


EasyasACAB

Yes. If not for their fellow citizens then for the sake of themselves and their family. >["Two studies have found that at least 40% of police officer families experience domestic violence, in contrast to 10% of families in the general population," the National Center for Women & Policing says. "A third study of older and more experienced officers found a rate of 24%, indicating that domestic violence is 2-4 times more common among police families than American families in general."](https://kutv.com/news/local/40-of-police-officer-families-experience-domestic-violence-study-says) More studies. >Stinson and Liderbach (2013) found 324 unique news related articles detailing ar- rests of a law enforcement officers, representing 281 officer from 2005 to 2007. **Ryan (2000) found that 54% of officers knew of a fellow officer who was involved in domestic violence** >>[**"Of the officers surveyed, 54% knew someone in their department who had been involved in an abusive relationship, 45% knew of an officer who had been reported for engaging in abusive behavior, and 16% knew of officers involved in abusive incidents that were not reported to their departments."**] (https://digitalcommons.law.umaryland.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2519&context=fac_pubs)' [The Village Where Every Cop Has Been Convicted of Domestic Violence](https://www.propublica.org/article/stebbins-alaska-cops-criminal-records-domestic-violence) >Mike was a registered sex offender and had served six years behind bars in Alaska jails and prisons. He’d been convicted of assault, domestic violence, vehicle theft, groping a woman, hindering prosecution, reckless driving, drunken driving and choking a woman unconscious in an attempted sexual assault. Among other crimes. >>“My record, I thought I had no chance of being a cop,” Mike, 43, said on a recent weekday evening, standing at his doorway in this Bering Strait village of 646 people. Who watches the watchmen? [Fox in the Henhouse: A Study of Police Officers Arrested for Crimes Associated With Domestic and/or Family Violence](https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0887403412453837) > In this study only 32% of convicted officers who had been charged with misdemeanor domestic assault are known to have lost their jobs as police officers. Of course, it is possible that news sources did not report other instances where officers were terminated or quit; but, many of the police convicted of misdemeanor domestic assault are known to be still employed as sworn law enforcement officers who routinely carry firearms daily even though doing so is a violation of the Lautenberg Amendment prohibition punishable by up to ten years in federal prison. Equally troubling is the fact that many of the officers identified in our study committed assault-related offenses but were never charged with a specific Lautenberg-qualifying offense. In numerous instances, officers received professional courtesies of very favorable plea bargains where they readily agreed to plead guilty to any offense that did not trigger the firearm prohibitions of the Lautenberg Amendment' What happens to the "good cops"? They don't stay cops. [Adrian Schoolcraft](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Schoolcraft) >A former New York City Police Department (NYPD) officer who secretly recorded police conversations from 2008 to 2009. He brought these tapes to NYPD investigators in October 2009 as evidence of corruption and wrongdoing within the department. He used the tapes as evidence that arrest quotas were leading to police abuses such as wrongful arrests, while the emphasis on fighting crime sometimes resulted in underreporting of crimes to keep the numbers down. >>After voicing his concerns, Schoolcraft was repeatedly harassed by members of the NYPD and reassigned to a desk job. After he left work early one day, an ESU unit illegally entered his apartment, physically abducted him and forcibly admitted him to a psychiatric facility, where he was held against his will for six days. And this one [A Black sheriff's deputy in Louisiana condemned police brutality and institutionalized racism. Then he died by suicide](https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/06/us/louisiana-black-sheriffs-deputy-suicide/index.html) >"I've had enough of all of this nonsense, serving a system that does not give a damn about me or people like me," Kerr said in one video, speaking directly to the camera. "You have no idea how hard it is to put a uniform on in this day and age with everything that's going on."-Clyde Kerr III And all the cops who defended the capitol and ended up committing suicide because their fellow cops (like the ones who took selfies with the terrorists and let them in) turned on them. That's why ACAB. You aren't allowed to be a "good cop" and exist. The other cops will corrupt you or turn you out. Some people are heroes, but they aren't cops anymore. They were rejected by their own for being "good". Fuck they even hate dogs. [Don’t shoot the dogs: The growing epidemic of cops shooting family dogs](https://www.overtoncountynews.com/lifestyles/don-t-shoot-the-dogs-the-growing-epidemic-of-cops-shooting-family-dogs/article_98757e76-318f-11ea-8d4f-e35f8b517936.html) [DOJ: Police Shooting Family Dogs has Become ‘Epidemic’](https://www.criminallegalnews.org/news/2018/jun/16/doj-police-shooting-family-dogs-has-become-epidemic/)


[deleted]

[удалено]


bashar_al_assad

> I disagree that it's "rotten to the core". [Adrian Schoolcraft](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Schoolcraft), at the time an NYPD officer, exposed evidence of corruption, arrest quotas leading to police abuses, and other wrongdoing within the NYPD. He disclosed this evidence to NYPD investigators in a meeting that was supposed to be confidential. The investigators leaked his allegations and identity to the rest of the department, he was reassigned to a desk job, repeatedly harassed by other NYPD officers, then the NYPD Special Operations unit broke into his apartment, abducted him, and had him forcibly held in a psychiatric facility for six days, where he was handcuffed tightly to the bed and prohibited from using the phone on the order of the police.


[deleted]

jesus


EasyasACAB

Consider the following. >["Two studies have found that at least 40% of police officer families experience domestic violence, in contrast to 10% of families in the general population," the National Center for Women & Policing says. "A third study of older and more experienced officers found a rate of 24%, indicating that domestic violence is 2-4 times more common among police families than American families in general."](https://kutv.com/news/local/40-of-police-officer-families-experience-domestic-violence-study-says) More studies. >Stinson and Liderbach (2013) found 324 unique news related articles detailing ar- rests of a law enforcement officers, representing 281 officer from 2005 to 2007. **Ryan (2000) found that 54% of officers knew of a fellow officer who was involved in domestic violence** >>[**"Of the officers surveyed, 54% knew someone in their department who had been involved in an abusive relationship, 45% knew of an officer who had been reported for engaging in abusive behavior, and 16% knew of officers involved in abusive incidents that were not reported to their departments."**] (https://digitalcommons.law.umaryland.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2519&context=fac_pubs)' [The Village Where Every Cop Has Been Convicted of Domestic Violence](https://www.propublica.org/article/stebbins-alaska-cops-criminal-records-domestic-violence) >Mike was a registered sex offender and had served six years behind bars in Alaska jails and prisons. He’d been convicted of assault, domestic violence, vehicle theft, groping a woman, hindering prosecution, reckless driving, drunken driving and choking a woman unconscious in an attempted sexual assault. Among other crimes. >>“My record, I thought I had no chance of being a cop,” Mike, 43, said on a recent weekday evening, standing at his doorway in this Bering Strait village of 646 people. Who watches the watchmen? [Fox in the Henhouse: A Study of Police Officers Arrested for Crimes Associated With Domestic and/or Family Violence](https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0887403412453837) > In this study only 32% of convicted officers who had been charged with misdemeanor domestic assault are known to have lost their jobs as police officers. Of course, it is possible that news sources did not report other instances where officers were terminated or quit; but, many of the police convicted of misdemeanor domestic assault are known to be still employed as sworn law enforcement officers who routinely carry firearms daily even though doing so is a violation of the Lautenberg Amendment prohibition punishable by up to ten years in federal prison. Equally troubling is the fact that many of the officers identified in our study committed assault-related offenses but were never charged with a specific Lautenberg-qualifying offense. In numerous instances, officers received professional courtesies of very favorable plea bargains where they readily agreed to plead guilty to any offense that did not trigger the firearm prohibitions of the Lautenberg Amendment' What happens to the "good cops"? They don't stay cops. [Adrian Schoolcraft](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Schoolcraft) >A former New York City Police Department (NYPD) officer who secretly recorded police conversations from 2008 to 2009. He brought these tapes to NYPD investigators in October 2009 as evidence of corruption and wrongdoing within the department. He used the tapes as evidence that arrest quotas were leading to police abuses such as wrongful arrests, while the emphasis on fighting crime sometimes resulted in underreporting of crimes to keep the numbers down. >>After voicing his concerns, Schoolcraft was repeatedly harassed by members of the NYPD and reassigned to a desk job. After he left work early one day, an ESU unit illegally entered his apartment, physically abducted him and forcibly admitted him to a psychiatric facility, where he was held against his will for six days. And this one [A Black sheriff's deputy in Louisiana condemned police brutality and institutionalized racism. Then he died by suicide](https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/06/us/louisiana-black-sheriffs-deputy-suicide/index.html) >"I've had enough of all of this nonsense, serving a system that does not give a damn about me or people like me," Kerr said in one video, speaking directly to the camera. "You have no idea how hard it is to put a uniform on in this day and age with everything that's going on."-Clyde Kerr III And all the cops who defended the capitol and ended up committing suicide because their fellow cops (like the ones who took selfies with the terrorists and let them in) turned on them. That's why ACAB. You aren't allowed to be a "good cop" and exist. The other cops will corrupt you or turn you out. Some people are heroes, but they aren't cops anymore. They were rejected by their own for being "good". Fuck they even hate dogs. [Don’t shoot the dogs: The growing epidemic of cops shooting family dogs](https://www.overtoncountynews.com/lifestyles/don-t-shoot-the-dogs-the-growing-epidemic-of-cops-shooting-family-dogs/article_98757e76-318f-11ea-8d4f-e35f8b517936.html) [DOJ: Police Shooting Family Dogs has Become ‘Epidemic’](https://www.criminallegalnews.org/news/2018/jun/16/doj-police-shooting-family-dogs-has-become-epidemic/)


tgpineapple

Yeah it’s like how good firefighters are praised because if they weren’t then the other firefighters wouldn’t know that they should put out fires. They help set the example for others to follow.


kawhi21

This is the big issue for people who get infuriated at ACAB. Some people misunderstand the point. It isn't that every single individual who is a cop is an evil person. The institution of "American Police" itself is rotten to the core, as you said.


Smocke55

That’s it pack it up boys, one cop 6 years ago met the minimum requirements for being a normal human


bukanvinagarut

That sub is a total clusterfuck rn lol


broodwarfan420

Mask off, saying the quiet part out loud, it's called being a decent human being, etc


Ardbert_Fanboy

Like, I get it, cops get a lot of shit and he wanted to defend them. However, a post from 6 years ago? There are definately cases of cops being great and doing their job after that, I can garuntee I could find an article easily of a good cop from these past few months. Mans didn't even put up any effort which makes me think he's just trying to make people angry, he knows reddit is a left leaning site so he's trying to do a "le epic troll".


WolfganusMofart

Going by what happened last time I commented on an ACAB post in this subreddit , I am Not touching this with a 10 foot pole.


AveryMann1234

Yes, ACAB is ridiculous


10dollarbagel

Agreed. Bastard is much too light a term.


AveryMann1234

No, people who say ACAB are not bastards. They are just misguided


El_Zapp

I mean it’s a horrible statement. But not as horrible as the state the US police are in.


Crash324

Isn't ACAB originally a skinhead phrase? I'm surprised by how strongly it's been co-opted by the masses.


jcsatan

Original skinheads were blue collar,working class, union members whose style was co-opted by neo-nazis because they thought it looked cool.


Crash324

I had no idea, I always just associated "skinheads" with racists/Nazis, thanks for the heads-up!


IceNein

You obviously don't have any idea about the history of skinheads. That's ok. Today can be the day you learn. Hit up Wikipedia.


IceNein

You know how you can tell if someone on Reddit is under 18? They use the phrase "boot licker" unironically.


Somenakedguy

Spicy, looking forward to the SRDD post


TheRoyalKT

Scroll up a bit and check out the firefighter comments…


IceNein

The great thing about teens is that they can't help but tell you how wrong you are about them, as if I myself was never a teenager.


AnneTefa

Everyone on reddit with hot takes is a teenager except myself.


IceNein

Anyone who says "hot takes" *certainly* is. Have fun with being angsty. It's OK, you'll grow out of it.


AnneTefa

But I'm nearly 30? When will I grow out of it? Pls help?


LightningDicks

Sounds like someone is salty because they were called a bootlicker once.


IceNein

OK teenager. Have fun being angsty. It's OK, you'll grow out of it.


LightningDicks

Okay, bootlicker.


MvXIMILIvN

Lmfao cope.


IceNein

Aww, another teenager had to pipe in. Thanks buddy. Don't worry, you'll grow out of your angsty phase soon enough.


MvXIMILIvN

Lmfao this copium is A-1


firebolt_wt

You know how to tell someone in Reddit is a fucking idiot? They lick the boots of cogs in a system that was optimized to systemically opress people by wealth and color.


IceNein

OK teenager. Have fun being angsty. It's OK, you'll grow out of it.


PolarWater

This is such a recycled comeback.


IceNein

The block list is just filling right up. People can't help but let me know they're teenagers.


PolarWater

This from the guy getting upset over a "that's recycled" comment is kinda funny


ACredibilityProblem

If you think boots are so delicious why do you get so upset when we notice you licking them? Before you try, I’m in my thirties. You’re still a bootlicker.


IceNein

Thank you for letting me know you're a teenager so I can block you. Wouldn't want to waste my time talking to a child.


ACredibilityProblem

Lol. What’s childish is this insistence that anyone who disagrees with you is a child. You’re a clown


Littleleicesterfoxy

Test


scytherman96

The worst part of ACAB on reddit is the inherent expectation of american users that cops have to be bad across the entire world just because their country sucks.


ACredibilityProblem

People who seek out the ability to enforce arbitrary and often immoral rules are not good, or worth of praise. Since most nations have laws that are inherently unjust it is therefore not a marker of a good person to be an enforcer.


[deleted]

Every stereotype about women is more true about cops and their bootlickers


SarcasmCupcakes

????