T O P

Critical Race Theory in Schools

Critical Race Theory in Schools

krankortega

My family had nothing to do with this past they teach. They lived as serfs for centuries in Russia until the Revolution. Then they were destroyed and my grandfather grew up in Siberia. They just got here in 1953, as barely English speaking immigrants. My grandfather was an electrician in Russia and spent the rest of his working life in a coffee factory as they lived in the ghetto. My father went to college, made something of himself, and had me. I was born in 1982 and grew up being taught to treat everyone equal and fairly, no matter their race. I now have an infant daughter. Where along the line is she, myself, my father, or my grandfather complicit in any of this so-called white supremacy American history at any point? For that matter, what purpose does this serve other than to educate an entire generation that has nothing to actually do with the past to blindly hate another group that also had nothing to do with that past?


securitywyrm

What's hilarious is also the other side of CRT. White people bad, white people always bad... but why are they successful? That's because the blacks were oppressed, the blacks need a helping hand, the blacks will ALWAYS need a helping hand no matter what. It's fully embracing the soft bigotry of low expectations. "Black people can't help but be violent when someone says a hateful word, they lack self control!" CRT is racist from every direction.


Stinkydew

Thats what I never got, like why is it that they think all blacks are stupid, they heavily imply they aren't strong enough or smart enough to overcome anything.


Olgun5

They are white supremacists and guilty about it. That's also why they scream "WHITE SUPREMACIST" at everything, they're simply projecting.


el_Deuce39

That’s exactly how the progressive left thinks. They think black people are these witless fragile creatures that need a helping hand because the liberal is a pure, virtuous-white knight that must protect African Americans not against the woke white left but the evil white conservative. Edit: changes


cerebellumjuice

Oh yeah, then what about Asians? On average they’re even more successful than whites and most are new immigrants in the past 50 years. “They’re basically whites” Mfw


MastaKwayne

The wealth discrepancy between eastern Europeans and western Europeans is bigger than the wealth discrepancy between "blacks" and "whites" in America. Also, Nigerian immigrants outperform "white" Americans in nearly every metric. This is why hyperfocusing on discrepancies makes little sense *especially* when focusing on abstract made up categories like race.


[deleted]

Furthermore, CRT treats success and value creation as a constrained, finite resource, even though they cannot quantify or prove its limitations. In other words, they perceive it like a cookie jar where some people have already from the start have taken more cookies, as if the cookies grants them benefits out of the blue. If someone else happens to have more cookies than others, then they have somehow been given cookies from the majority of cookie holders. Which makes them be perceived as adjacent to the majority of cookie holders, making it become "unearned". None of this can't be proven, yet we should treat their personal experiences and anecdotal evidence as if it carries the same weight as the scientific rigour to STEM subjects. These proponents of CRT are scientifically illiterate; they have no clue how good STEM subjects are capable of preemptive formulating hypotheses based on knowledge gathered from before; it can be so accurate that their qualified guesses become precisely as they anticipated as soon as they start to get results, including if any modifications etc. are made to their tests.


securitywyrm

Critical race theory is not critical, no dissent is allowed. Critical race theory is not a theory, there is no connection between evidence and conclusion. Critical race theory is a religion.


[deleted]

Pretty much. It's race-based dogma.


JulienMayfair

It's also an industry on which people base their entire careers.


Commandrew87

I'm saving this.


tacocat43

And then they talked endlessly about the Tulsa Race Massacre and Black Wall St. in the same breath! Which is it, will black people never succeed without the white man or is the white man the reason they can't succeed?


Maga4lifeshutitdown

Whenever the race pimps dream up will be the reason. And if the media continues to shove thier collective gasoline on the fire, then nothing will ever change or satisfy anybody


TheWrongSpengler

As true as all this is, the direct descendants of antebellum slave owners are no more responsible than you. There is no such thing as blood guilt full stop.


lawthug69

Well said.


Gargarian67

You have thousands of ancestors. Are you responsible for Olaf the Bandit's crimes in 1345 AD?


jvardrake

That depends. Was this hypothetical Olaf white?


Gargarian67

10 If Olaf = White then Guilt = Yes 20 If Olaf = Not White then Guilt = No 30 Goto 10 Their argument is pretty basic. Every white person is responsible for every evil thing done but any other white person even if the evil done was centuries ago on the other side of the world. It;s weird no one else gets the blame like this.


schlomokatz

In their distorted minds, by looking like the oppressor you're accepted where a black guy wouldn't be and therefore benefit from the oppression. It's not even quilt by association, it's some second-order guilt by proxy.


PullMyStringsDK

Me too! My fam comes from Ukraine, where most of them were killed, or taken prisoner. Even though my family had no part in this crap, because I have white skin, the assumption is that I come from ‘oppressors’.


anonymous6468

> what purpose does this serve other than to educate an entire generation that has nothing to actually do with the past to blindly hate another group that also had nothing to do with that past? Making activist groups rich. Giving politicians easy boosts in popularity. Making people on Twitter who advocate for this seem trendy. Giving handouts to minorities. That about covers it. There is a large group of people who stand to benefit from promoting this shit. And a whole bunch of people are swept along with it too.


eettiiio

Bad argument. Your framing suggests that if you were a Western European that had lived for generations in the US, and your ancestors did own slaves at some point, that you as a descendant of your ancestors would be fair game for criticism and race-hating and should be forced to pay reparations. To that I say nay, even if you go back one generation to your parents, as long as you weren’t the one making the decision to enslave anyone, you don’t owe anybody any apologies.


Samisseyth

My grandparents were Irish immigrants. Where’s my reparations? Not seriously, though.


a1d2a1m3

Can I offer you a nice potato in this trying time?


[deleted]

[удалено]


The_Irish_One

Win win, if it’s not fermented just wait a bit.


The_Irish_One

But you’re white so you’re the devil.


jasoncm

Someone get this man a federal grant!


Dapperdan814

>My family had nothing to do with this past they teach That's virtually everyone in this country. We're a nation of *immigrants*, the odds that any individual American's family was here during the Civil War is awfully small these days. How do people forget that and let these fucksticks tell them what THEIR OWN past was like?


h8xwyf

Doesn't matter, you're still white. That makes you an oppressor with your heel on the neck of every POC and marginalized persxns in this country.


The_Irish_One

I saved a black woman from an apartment fire, do I get immunity?


Financial_Homework_4

No you’re privileged for not being on fire


The_Irish_One

Haha but I lost like 90% of my hair, that should count for being on fire.


h8xwyf

No because as a white person, everything you do is racist, even if you're not consciously aware of it. So subconsciously your motivation for rescuing her was rooted in white supremacy.


STAYotte

I'm part native American and ethically part Jewish. My family tree has been apart of two of the worse situations imaginable, full of death, pain and suffering. Yet I'm white so I'm an oppressor..


lawthug69

The demonically possessed will say you benefit from present day white supremacist structures so you are just as guilty as the slave owners.


iLiketoBreakTheChain

My great grandparents fleed Russia when the revolution happened, they were able to because they had changed their names and came to Brazil.


P47r1ck-

I just stumbled upon this sub. Is this type of stuff actually being taught in schools? I know I’ve had family and co worker complain about CRT but I’ve never seen an example of it, I don’t have school age children or anything. Serious question, can anybody give me like a legit source so I can read about this stuff?


PathfinderO

> They just got here in 1953 This is where you answered your own question: your family came to the country that was partially founded on slavery, it's not that difficult to understand. You literally explained that your family fled a system of oppression to come to one where they weren't. This is like saying if someone moved to your family's home country at the height of the ghettos you mention and said, "Haha well I didn't make the ghettos (but I sure don't mind the benefits of having them)." I'm not saying CRT isn't dumb but this sub is obtuse as fuck sometimes. Yes, the SJWs are nutjobs and they are taking shit way too far, but we have to be smarter than that. To say that white people don't have some marginal benefits over minorities in 2021 and that they should push for small changes is retarded. Don't be retarded.


krankortega

>This is where you answered your own question: your family came to the country that was partially founded on slavery, it's not that difficult to understand. You literally explained that your family fled a system of oppression to come to one where they weren't. >This is like saying if someone moved to your family's home country at the height of the ghettos you mention and said, "Haha well I didn't make the ghettos (but I sure don't mind the benefits of having them)." What? That is an objectively stupid way of looking at things. They're complicit for...coming to a country 170+ years old and almost 100 years out of slavery. What the fuck do they have to do with any of that? Why are they guilty, because.they CAME to this country to flee oppression, but because historically oppressed people are also here, they benefit(?) from that situation? That's completely nutso thinking and is supporting the dangerous idea of historical racial guilt. Your second paragraph just doesn't make sense at all. And your conclusion is also quite stupid. They don't benefit from racial inequality. Thy were incredibly poor immigrants fleeing their own horrifying history. Again, lived in ghetto, shitty low-level work, until my dad worked his ass off to climb out of the ghetto. You're completely bonkers if that's how you view the world, man. And don't use the r-word, it makes you look ignorant.


PathfinderO

> They don't benefit from racial inequality. >Thy were incredibly poor immigrants fleeing their own horrifying history. You keep proving my point lmao. They fled from a place of oppression to a place where the white majority oppresses. You can be mad about it all you want, but your family benefits over minorities whether they created the situation or not.


krankortega

Just because you believe that (or were told that) doesn't make it true. But for sake of argument: they didn't come here because the motivation was.to."benefit" from their "position" in America as an "oppressor" (oh please). They lived in shit conditions here, too. My father didn't benefit from having "privilege"--he got out because he studied hard, got a scholarship to college, and went into STEM. At no step of this did they "benefit" from so-called "oppression." Thy came here as lowly immigrants in a strange new country and lived in shit until my father found and took OPPORTUNITY to better his circumstances. Black people, his skin color, and historical "oppression" literally had nothing to do with any of that. For that matter, I don't see how historical "oppression" has "benefitted" me. I've had my ups and downs in life, have worked hard, and have had personal and professional triumphs and failures along the way. At no point was I given an advantage due to my skin color. In fact, I grew up and live in the time period where blacks are given enormous advantage and preference across the board at every level. Blacks are now accepting the gospel that they are oppressed and can never get out from under oppression (not true) and it's because of Whitey (also not true). It's a personal responsibility dodge for a whole race. It's not that the crime rate in the black pop is astronomical, or homicide rates both among the pop and outside of it are raging out of control, that as a whole they do not keep the family unit together, that promiscuity is default mode, that welfare and housing programs effectively promote idleness and accepting life on the welfare plantation, that despite all of the advantages given to any black American in the past 50 years far outpaces actual markers of success those programs should have beared out over generations..... No, it's historical a priori oppression. They are the only beings on the planet, solely located in the US, that have and carry living memory and emotional trauma from shit that happened decades and centuries before they were born--and white people are STILL t blame!! And their children! And children's children!! Blacks should stop oppressing themselves and let get oppressed by leftists. Seem kinda self-hating and self-defeating.


nquick2

Both sides of it get this wrong. Racial minorities do face disadvantages but not because white people are directly oppressing them today. It's because many white people are well established and have managed to build generational wealth over many generations, whereas many minorities started out far behind from slavery then sharecropping then redlining. When white neighborhoods built more generational wealth, that means individuals are making more money and pay more taxes which results in more money is going into schools and infrastructure in those areas. So it's not that white people are barring others from the race like CRT suggests, but rather that white people had a mile head start in it.


krankortega

>It's because many white people are well established and have managed to build generational wealth over many generations Bullshit. Some, maybe. But generational wealth doesn't really last past a generation. It's mostly being able to maintain continuity of prosperity from generation to generation, which has more to do with an intact family unit and value systems than actual wealth. >Whereas many many minorities started out far behind from slavery then sharecropping It's not 1873. My family came here with nothing, not even the language, and within two generations has established themselves in the middle class. Next issue. >then redlining Yeah, that was done with decades.ago, a few generations now past. You may be confusing racism with present-day classism, which affects everyone. >Making more money and pay more taxes which results in more money is going into schools and infrastructure in those areas. Plenty of opportunities out there for higher education and better jobs. Wonder what's happening in present-day black families that can't maintain the continuity a child needs to succeed in life? Also inner-city schools get plenty of money. Studies show money isn't the issue, it's the student's shit home lives and awful neighborhoods (that are black-populated and run, natch). Again, side-stepping personal responsibility. >white people had a mile head start in it. This is racist. Also, I don't remember any moment in my life where "history" has much to do with people's responsibilities on a personal level. What's this idea that white people work in tandem as one group? That's not anything works. It's not like all white people are successful, not even ones born in good circumstances. That has more to do with hard work, self-discipline, and responsibility throughout a life. So my mile-head start is because I happen to be born white? In present-day America? I would equate my "success" (middle-class, white collar) to my parents, who took care of me and gave me a stable home to live in and grow up. Not one they were handed because they were white, and not a relationship that was maintained by whiteness, and my own personal success not contingent on the pigmentation of my skin. But just cry and whine and say life is unfair and always has been and wait until daddy gov't pats you on the head and lulls you into welfare plantation contentment. Darn whitey!


PathfinderO

> My family came here with nothing, not even the language, and within two generations has established themselves in the middle class. Because they weren't black. Lmao. How dumb can you be that you keep missing the point by this much? Your point of view is just racism with extra steps. 🤡


krankortega

Right. Again, forgot that black people, and only American black people, cannot get ahead no matter what. Asian and Pan-Asian immigrants, South American immigrants, Caribbean immigrants, Mexican immigrants, they are also not white. And yet they prosper, if not in one generation than in two. Also without money or even the language. Still haven't addressed literally any of the actual salient points I made, by the way. About the lack of unified families, drug abuse, promiscuity, insane crime rates, and the massive open opportunities from financial assistance to free college to preference in the job market now for generations and yet arguably the US black population is worse off than ever despite everything being handed to them for the past 50 years and with the majority of anyone involved in those policies--and those affected by them--dead and forgotten. Because history isn't this ghost that follows you around. Unless you decide to haunt yourself. Right, right. Skin color must be it. Oh and muh oppression. Turns out your argument is literally skin deep.


PathfinderO

> About the lack of unified families, drug abuse, promiscuity, insane crime rates, and the massive open opportunities from financial assistance to free college to preference in the job market Holy fuck you are dumb and willingly ignorant hahaha holy shit you can't be serious. This is no longer racism with extra steps. It's just you being a racist asshole.


Spacct

By this logic every black person in the Caribbean is 'privileged' for living on land taken from native people the Europeans wiped out. Haiti is 'privileged'.


GarryOwen

Exactly. For example, it was perfectly fine for the middle class white folk to apologize to Oprah for the power that they have compared to her billionaire status. Also, we know that that are no places in the US that are minority majority, and therefor both political and social power are in the hands of non-whites. To see who truly has power, see who you can't criticize.


aanpanman

damn I'm east asian and I was sitting next to my white friend in class when this was taught. he looked very uncomfortable and it felt like the teacher was trying to impose guilt on white students even though she was white herself. the teacher was extremely self hating and even told us to memorize a graphic on white modern priveleges. she went so far to bootlick poc that she ended up delving into east asian priveleges, which is... ironic. something needs to be done about the critical race theory because it's only dividing society further.


TheWrongSpengler

One of the first rebuttals apologists come up with is along the lines of ‘if CRT is hateful, why would all those white teachers preach it?’ Like, never heard of self-loathing? Uncle Toms?


Get_the_Krown

It's not self-loathing. They don't hate themselves for being white. They hate lower class whites, and they want to take from them to give to non-whites. The main motive is to be more-woke-than-thou within their peer group.


GarryOwen

> Uncle Toms? You mean anyone who is Black and Republican?


MinorSpider

Sometimes ideas like this actually start to sound like a new form of white supremacy. Hear me out. By making white people inherently and collectivley «responsable» for absolutley everything that happens, you teach them to think of themselves as leaders and superior to others. They start to think «I am white, so I must fix everything, otherwise i will be blamed for it not being fixed because i am inherently, personally in power», «i am white, so i must be in charge of everything because only I have the power and privelege to really make things happen», «non-white people are too oppressed to become good leaders or do well in school, and also can’t be expected to follow the rules because of their inherent trauma». This will in turn create a culture where white people work harder and take on more leadership because they feel it is their, and only their responsability to do so.


redburner1945

Bingo. There was actually a rather similar response from Tutsis in Rwanda during the 1990s... before the genocide, that is.


TitsAndWhiskey

White people have a manifest destiny to protect the noble savage. It’s far from a new idea. It’s just colonialism in a pretty dress.


bucket_of_fun

The white man’s burden.


xahnel

Been saying this for years. Wokeness is just the white man's burden, but the white man takes on the burden because some of them feel guilty for the actions of other people.


True-Lychee

George W. Bush recognised this phenomenon back in 2000 - he called it "the soft bigotry of low expectations" (actually coined by his speechwriter, Mike Gerson). You might hear the derivative "racism of low expectations".


aapolitical

KKK is alive and well today equipped with CRT. Same shitty idea: all groups are inherently different and can’t be given the same treatment and expectations.


The-Haunted-Ghost

Interesting take!


Actual-Gap-9800

It’s going to happen one day. That’s just how the human mind works. While it’s probably going to be pretty bad, I’d still love to see the expression on the faces of all the idiots that push CRT seeing their strategy implode in their faces. Thinking that white people are responsible for EVERYTHING that happens to you, good AND bad, is EXACTLY what white supremacists want. All it does is make you think you’re helpless, it makes them live in your head rent free, and it makes you not try to do anything to help yourself or those around- you just whine and moan until whitey does something and tells you he’s fixing himself. Do they not understand that people lie? What’s the plan when someone tells them one thing and does another? Do they really think everyone is going to do what they say and not whisper sweet nothings in their ear? How about doing something positive for yourself and your community to ensure you never really have to worry about racists ever again? How about securing generational wealth for your family so you don’t have to depend on the white governments handouts? How about getting an education to secure a well paying career, or learn the law to fight racist whitey at his own game? Nah, people are lazy so they’ll take the path of least resistance which is to bitch and moan. For forever, because now it’s popular to enable that instead of doing something good for yourself.


AKA-aKa-AkA

Wow that’s crazy, that’s not the CRT I learned at all. We had a unit in it in high school and it was basically: we all know racism exists, thankfully there is little to no legal racism in our country (US) anymore. But there was, and it has had some long lasting effects. So we went over the history of things like red lining and the creation of the suburbs (we lived in a mostly white suburb so the teacher felt we really needed to learn why our immediate community looked the way it did). After that the rest of the unit was looking at pop culture and literature from a point of race. It wasn’t anything like “your white so you need to apologize or feel awful” it was much more “legal racism in the past has created ripples that can be seen now” and “when reading about a time period it’s important to recognize how different races were treated and viewed, and how does that impact the POC during the story”. Was I just lucky? Is that experience rare?


G_raas

It sounds like you just had ‘racial sensitivity’ training? There is nothing wrong with teaching perspectives and impacts on society through the lens of race. That is not what people have problems with, despite there being an intentional attempt to conflate the two in order paint criticism of CRT specifically as problems with ALL racially oriented training. The language used to define what should be banned according to Trumps original EO was actually a pretty reasonable definition; ‘....workplace training that inculcates in its employees any form of race or sex stereotyping or any form of race or sex scapegoating". ‘.... Instructors and materials teaching that men and members of certain races, as well as our most venerable institutions, are inherently sexist and racist are appearing in workplace diversity trainings across the country, even in components of the Federal Government and among Federal contractors.’ I would encourage all to actually read the Trump administrations EO on banning CRT from federal training - it is clearly stated where the line should be drawn. It is notable, that this EO banning CRT federally was overturned as one of the very first EO’s from the Biden admin. Either Biden didn’t read the CRT EO document and just assumed it was pushed by Trump so must be bad, or he did read it and he disagreed... that is a hard pill for me to swallow, but leads me to conclude Biden does not hold the interests of ALL Americans in equal esteem.


vorsky92

>Either Biden didn’t read the CRT EO document and just assumed it was pushed by Trump so must be bad, or he did read it and he disagreed... There is a third option where repealing it was popular amongst the Democratic party and he just didn't care about it either way. But he (like almost every president) is just a puppet where he regurgitates whatever his cabinet says to do. You really think someone that slips up calling kids roaches that authored the crime bill isn't racist? Everything in the news that he does is for show.


tacocat43

Poor kids are just as smart and just as talented as white kids.


G_raas

Agreed. Just trying to futilely give the guy some benefit of the doubt, but it’s proving to be very difficult...


AKA-aKa-AkA

Hmm yah, there definitely seems to be two different things that people claim as CRT, I mean the unit was called critical race theory Bc it was looking at things through the critical lens of race.


G_raas

Did it teach you that it is not only okay to stereotype based on race and immutable characteristics, but required - in order to be ‘anti-racist’? That is a core tenet of CRT and lies (for the most part) at the heart of why people are resisting the theory.


tacocat43

It's literally doublespeak. They are teaching opposite things, indoctrinating these kids to believe that they should feel guilty for things that happened before they were born. They do this while simultaneously telling the POC that they should feel empowered by this guilt, or that they are somehow above it by virtue of their skin color. Racists come in all shapes and sizes, including those shaped and sized like woke radical social justice warriors.


AKA-aKa-AkA

It did talk about anti racism which makes senseI, an analogy I like to use is removing the dagger is essential to healing the wound but if that’s the only step you take it can take longer to heal and could get infected, if you treat it properly it will heal up faster and better. For example anti racist housing reform would be a direct response to redlining. all in all it was about drawing a line between statistics and/or tangible examples of race based inequality and the past, asking what happened here that made a higher percent of specific groups (for example) live below the poverty line.


G_raas

Sorry to bring our conversation back to this comment.... I reread this comment a few times. In your example of not only removing the knife from the wound, but then taking additional steps to heal the wound. It seems like the additional steps would be considered ‘anti-racist housing reform’ in the case of ‘red-lining’; what would that look like? What actions would that entail?


AKA-aKa-AkA

And that’s where it gets complicated… honestly,personally I don’t know what that would look like. Some ideas are to literally replicate the kinds of loans red lined districts were denied and offer them but if that’s right or what it would look like are questions I can’t answer yet. Though (part of what I appreciated about the unit) is it didn’t try to tell us the solution just showed us how to look at the problem, which if not for this class I wouldn’t have known.


G_raas

Thanks for a sincere conversation. Normally, my experience talking about CRT with people on Reddit, whenever it is defended (not saying that’s what you were doing here) people jump down my throat and make personal attacks... I’m pretty sure I have an honorary title of ‘supremely radical conservative’ now (despite considering myself a centrist classical liberal for the past 30 years). Anyways, thank you for keeping an open mind.


AKA-aKa-AkA

Of course and right back at you. there is a huge disconnect and until people start actually looking at what others believe instead of calling them idiots it won’t get any better. This convo is a great example, what I was taught (which was label CRT) isn’t what’s bad. On the other hand what’s displayed in the comic most certainly is. And until we as a country divide and identify these two separate things with the same label people on opposite sides of the isle are going to think each other are idiotic monsters. (Literally what I’ve heard been used to describe all reds and all blues at different times)


G_raas

There is nothing wrong with inquiring about causality. The problem is in assigning blame; who do you hold accountable when the individuals that perpetrated the inequities in the past are dead and gone? The blame lies with those individuals alone - not their children’s children and least of all not based on immutable characteristics. We can acknowledge and learn from the past, we CANNOT change the past.


tacocat43

Instead of dividing everyone, wouldn't it be more efficient for everyone to cooperate to improve conditions everywhere? When all I hear is that straight white men are bad, it doesn't make me want to go out of my way to prove them wrong, especially when they likely won't care anyways.


AKA-aKa-AkA

I mean There was no talk of blame in that class, though again that was just my experience


I_Looove_Pizza

How did they frame it? Did they include every group that's been discriminated against throughout history or did they make it seem like there was one big winner of the oppression Olympics? I'm curious because lots of groups faced the same kinds of discrimination but there are only certain groups claiming it's still holding them back today.


AKA-aKa-AkA

It was much broader then anything like that. It was really just learning about race as critical lens (it was part of the broader unit where we went over psychoanalysis, feminist theory and a few more) to be used when looking at history, lit, politics ect. When looking at modern day it wasn’t like POC are being actively held back. It was, we can see that throughout history POC have been given the shaft, how can we see this in our laws (through specific language or specific laws past to combat racism) or the effects it’s had on particular culture.


billmcneal

I learned it this way as well. The problem is that people stopped using these ideas as a lens and instead strapped it on as goggles. Now they can't see anything else.


AKA-aKa-AkA

Ooo I like that analogy, but that just means we need to teach it tactfully not dismiss it. Or we run the risk of creating a pendulum


reckoner23

I grew up with a friend that was black back in the 90s. In elementary school, I had no idea that racism was/used to be a thing. I just thought he was a cool dude to hang out with. We played power rangers everyday at lunch. This guy got straight As all through middle/high school. I believe he is a doctor now. It only sucked because he was religious and didn't celebrate birthdays for some reason. Do you understand why this shit is so toxic now? How what I just said is impossible when the teacher is shoving bullshit down everyone's throats. Suddenly, I don't have a friend anymore. I only have a black friend. Which wouldn't be a big deal if it was his choice to make. But its not since some white person is making that choice for him. What do we call when someone makes choices for you? Its called power. Understand what this is starting to sound like now? And for some perspective it was white kids in class who were trouble makers. Probably because they came from bad parents. And where do bad parents come from? Well I've seen rich and poor kids with bad parents, but ~80% of the time the family was not doing well financially. Its almost like the problems in this country stem more from the lower class and not because of their skin color which is irrelevant.


AKA-aKa-AkA

CRT (again at least what I learned, can’t speak for everyone) isn’t saying POC are poor Bc they are POC or that they are inherently disadvantaged. It’s saying why are more POC poor? Bc of past policy. The whole not seeing color idea is problematic because it refuses to acknowledge the past, the real reasons there are disparities. It’s irrelevant if more white or black kids were trouble makers, that honestly has nothing to do with it.


CalculatorOctavius

That’s not CRT though, that’s just the basic curriculum on racism from before CRT became the popular model


AKA-aKa-AkA

I mean, it was called CRT. And we literally examined the definition of CRT: an academic movement of civil-rights scholars and activists who seek to critically examine the law as it intersects with issues of race and to challenge mainstream liberal approaches to racial justice.


CalculatorOctavius

Oh okay well that’s strange


AKA-aKa-AkA

I mean it seems to me that there are two different things that are both being called CRT.


CalculatorOctavius

That may be the case. The thing you’re talking about is basically what I was taught in 1st grade when we learned about the words “prejudice” and “racism” and slavery and MLK and all that. There was no discussion of this new term “whiteness” or systemic racism or any of that


AKA-aKa-AkA

Well to be fair in the high school class we probably went a bit more in depth 😅. Though yah in this class we talked about systemic racism though not the term “whiteness”.


DiamondDogs666

"We don't know why people are saying it's divisive. That's just propaganda from Fox News" \- CNN


h8xwyf

Anyone that thinks that, is either a critical race theorist themselves, or hasn't looked into what CRT based curriculum actually teaches kids, or is so brainwashed by the Woke Cult, that they think this shit is okay...


astaker

Children being taught to hate themselves (and that other people hate them) and their family for immutable characteristics is so wrong and disgusting.


ColumbianGeneral

Crazy that this right here is controversial.


Cometarmagon

This pisses me off in ways I cannot even articulate.


TribblesnCookiees

I feel so bad for people growing up with this, all this hatred , racism, etc targeted at them. Why is this even allowed, and even encouraged? It's horrible and horrifying


jvardrake

> Why is this even allowed, and even encouraged? It's horrible and horrifying How is it not obvious? The left has a near stranglehold on education. It started with colleges (where this CRT crap was created/incubated), then it was pushed into high schools, then middle schools, and now grade schools. It is allowed to spread (and not dragged into the light, where it would face public fury, and then be destroyed) because the same left also controls nearly all large media (traditional, and now internet/social). The media is the key component here. They are what enables all of this. They are the ones that cover for what is being done in the schools. They are the ones that lie about what CRT is ("FaCIsTs jUSt doN'T wAnT kIDs TO leARN aBoUT raCIsM!1!!"), and do everything in their power to get the public on board with it. Seriously. How is it not obvious to everyone by now *what* the left is doing, and *how* they are doing it. It's all one gigantic propaganda/indoctrination campaign, and it's goal is the same goal it always is: to install the left into power.


ACTUAL_TURTLESHROOM

Honestly, this is Critical Race Theory in a nutshell.


throwaway742858

"1999 Columbine" I've seen this one before


[deleted]

What do you mean?


Handsignals24

Idk why were downvoting him, I just know that we are downvoting him


QuantumButtz

Same, I don't understand what the comment meant but fuck that guy in particular.


ACTUAL_TURTLESHROOM

The kids in Columbine were just evil sociopathic monsters, TBH. There was no way that teachers back then told them they were inferior, evil human beings.


throwaway742858

yeah I'm dying to see the blowback when that's the root cause 🤡🌎


ACTUAL_TURTLESHROOM

Agreed, CRT is ***designed*** to create racists and teach racism. If blacks are hating whites then the lessons are working. The problem they forget is that it will have the effect of making whites racist as well. One commentator summed it up the best. He said that if you teaching an entire demographic that they are evil oppressors with no redeemable qualities or ability to change the Blood Libel they supposedly commit against every other race one of two things will happen. First, they will refuse to listen or rebel. Second, they will believe what they are taught *and act accordingly*, making them into the supremacists and school shooters of tomorrow. I sort of feel that this is the intended result.


PizzaLover102

My family was made up of Irish peasants who ate dirt and rats for Sustenance and lived through the Great Depression after emigrating to the United States. Such white privilege… god I hate schools sometimes


tacocat43

EXACTLY, EVERYONE HAS A SHITTY TIME IN LIFE. That's not to say that it can't be avoided or assuaged, but they act like white people have some magic pass that eliminates suffering in their lives. Life sucks, welcome to the harsh reality that we are all a part of, for better or for worse.


PizzaLover102

I’m lucky I grew up in the Bible Belt, to be honest. I’d rather live in a transphobic state that doesn’t make me feel race guilt, then a patronizing blue state that will make me constantly feel race guilt. I hate it with every fiber of my being. Damn modern day racists.


Hitches_chest_hair

Aaaaand all of a sudden I'm not looking so crazy for homeschooling


FonkyChonkyMonky

How dare you deny your children their essential human right to understand the reality of white evil?! CPS should be brought into this!


Advanced_Ad_9952

If you don’t allow them to get this “training”, they will shunned by their peers and and fall in to deep depression. Then comes the drug use and before long you’ll find them in a bus station bathroom dead with a heroin needle sticking in their arm. Don’t you love your children? Do you really want them to die alone, an addict, in a piss soak toilet? Do you really want to fail as parents?/s


jvardrake

It's amazing how much this mirrors what went on in the Soviet Union. I was reading the wikipedia article on Soviet Propaganda the other day, and a quote in there jumped out at me: >An important goal of Communist propaganda was to create a new man. Schools and the Communist youth organizations, like the Young pioneers and Komsomol, served to remove children from the "petit-bourgeois" family and introducing the next generation into the collective way of life. The idea that the upbringing of children was the concern of their parents was explicitly rejected.[4] One schooling theorist stated: >>We must make the young into a generation of Communists. Children, like soft wax, are very malleable and they should be moulded into good Communists... ***We must rescue children from the harmful influence of the family... We must nationalize them***. From the earliest days of their little lives, they must find themselves under the beneficent influence of Communist schools... To oblige the mother to give her child to the Soviet state – that is our task.


igortsen_sven

But how will the government program your children now to be drones?


PizzaLover102

Through college, unfortunately. Or they’ll be like “YoUr KiD iS tRuAnT!”!!”


[deleted]

I'd live in a box on the street if that's what it took to keep my kids out of public school.


elons_rocket

Unless things do a complete 180, this is why my kids will never set foot in a public school. My gf is white and I’m Hispanic, I don’t want he mind of my young impressionable children to be exposed to this garbage. I don’t want my kids to have to carry a “are you an oppressor or a victim” score card. It will be rigged from the start like the current bs proposal pistol brace scorecard by the atf. The government is out to makes us all guilty, all felons, all bad people. Because the imbeciles have been brainwashed to throw fairness, morality, and a fair trial in a court of law out the window. If the blue check marks or anybody with a (D) next to their name says you’re “bad” you just be guilty and deserve to be excommunicated from society and have yourself rights removed. People do your kids, yourselves, and all of us a favor. Homeschool your kids or get together with other like minded parents and hire a private teacher who isn’t mentally deficient to teach them as a group. No kid deserves the level of psychological abuse that crt places on them. I can’t even imagine the level of self loathing, social disfunction, and who knows how many more psychological issues this will bring to them as they grow. Unfortunately I foresee a future where there will be an actual increase of mass shootings and domestic terrorism as these poor kids reach maturity and learn how they were destroyed and ruined as children and try to take vengeance for it. The “far right” leftists make up will be a joke compared to this. Just like all good little marxists, the create the boogeyman they claim to be fighting.


Blue__Tiger

Never give up your guns. Never give up your voice.


schlomokatz

On the other hand, the best way to make atheists is to teach scripture at school.


elons_rocket

I agree, I think the only way that scripture or religion of any kind is appropriate in a public school setting is if it’s within a historical context. There’s segments of history that you can’t explain or teach without mentioning the ideas involved and how they clashed.


upsidedownbackwards

That's what did it for me. I had a church class twice a week where they'd stick us in a bus and take us to a nearby church to teach us about Jeebus. It wasn't the scripture itself that turned me away from religion. It was mostly how absolutely *BORING* it was. Plus I didn't really seem to "get" the all-knowing part. I kept thinking "How does this guy love me when he's dead and has never met me?". So I just futzed around all class. The teacher called my parents to tell them I wasn't paying attention or participating. Turns out my mom (agnostic) and my dad (protestant) had a deal where they'd have my brothers and I try church class and if it didn't work out that was the end of it. So they pulled me out of the class. I have a lot of respect for that compromise. My dad isn't super religious but he did want us to respect God/Jesus, my mom is the "If there is a god he doesn't give a shit about us, look around!" person who has never been to church in her adult life except for weddings. I feel a little bad for my father because all 3 of his kids ended up being atheist.


schlomokatz

That's the spirit. I'm in Australia and my kids get their (I'd assume relatively small) share of white guilting at school and they absolutely hate it.


[deleted]

[удалено]


ary_s

>What’s the appropriate response? If teachers humiliated me for things I have no control over, I would become a radical nationalist just out of spite. >!Just like the Ukrainians in Poland in 1921-39.!<


Actual-Gap-9800

Who knows? Only white people can implement solutions, everyone else just needs to sit back and wait (and hope) for whitey to fix things.


MinorSpider

All of my forefathers were combined farmers and fishermen in scandinavia. They lived on the family estates for 1000 years, and never even left the country. When colonialism was going on among the elite of certain european countries, they were minding their own business in the fjords and mountains at home and working every waking hour to preserve enough food for the winter. They never had any power outside of their tiny scraps of farmland. They never made any decisions that affected people outside the villeage. They never even knew what was going on outside our contry except what was written i the national newspapers. Our country had no colonies or slaves, and frankly lots of poverty and problems on their own, so that wasn’t much. But somehow I am responsable for slavery and should apologize/pay? Sounds like racism to me.


Commandrew87

They'll find a way to blame you for it or something else. Probably because "family estate." BuT bLaCkS nEvEr HaD tHe ChAnCe To OwN LaNd something something colonialism.


MinorSpider

Most of the land in Africa is owned by africans. My forefathers have been in my country for 10.000 years and there werent a single african here until about 50 years ago… also the farmland here is not very valuable. Each estate could barely keep 1 family alive


Tishymtae

'wHy arE so MAny YoUnG mEn AttraCtEd tO THe fAR rIGhT?!


Henri_Fenet3

Because they don’t hate us


INEEDHELPTHISBROKE

In 1st grade the white teacher had a day where she gave all the colored kids candy, snacks, soda, pizza, etc, and all the white kids, myself included got nothing. I was crying by the end of the day because how sad I was. That lady was a POS and should never teach again. What 6 year old child knows anything about race, or slavery? She literally spent the day to teach us about how white people are bad and we are all pieces of shit that were responsible for slavery.


[deleted]

Jesus, no wonder so many young black Americans come out of school behaving like the world owes them everything.


CutieFX

What a bitch. I hope she hit her toe.


EleventhHour2139

… With a very large, very fast truck that got the rest of her too


GoAvsGo17

Can confirm. Class of 2024 here. This garbage is so unbelievable and I feel sorry for my classmates who don’t see the lies. WAKE UP


don_tiburcio

Class of 2024 for HS or college? I’d imagine it’s similar but also very difference in who is the aggressor (teachers v undergrads/grad students)


GoAvsGo17

High school


h8xwyf

Y'all wanna see some serious cult brainwashing about CRT? Go check out the comment section of Trevor Noah's daily show clip about CRT being taught in schools on Facebook. I think it's from yesterday. It's truly astounding 😂😂


XX0318

yep, nothing like the culture revolution in China


Handsignals24

We always talk about the psychological effect this has on white kids, but let’s think about the effect it has on black kids. Teaching them that they’re at a disadvantage in society because of white peoples and that all white people are directly responsible for slavery. Teaching them that they can never get ahead in life and no matter how hard they work they’ll always be doing worse than the white man and that they always need the white mans help to succeed.


Devil_Nights

It is a nice break from screaming tomato lady at least.


vidiazzz

A new religion


2penises_in_a_pod

It’s programming. There isn’t a national common enemy so you have to be convinced it’s your X colored neighbor, instead of the politician pilfering 40% of what you work for.


The-Dude0411

I graduated two years ago, are they actually teaching this now?? To small children, not teens also?????


CompleteTomorrow

no, not even in the liberal area where I come from, they’ll be fine


guesswhatihate

Lol is this the same author that made the Joe Biden stealing melanin strip?


ACTUAL_TURTLESHROOM

Good gosh, I loved that comic. It was absolutely drop-dead hilarious.


ACTUAL_TURTLESHROOM

Here we see a future school shooting racist being created. CRT is practically engineered to create future school shooters, and not just in whites, who make up almost one hundred percent of all school shootings. CRT is intentionally engineered to create future racists. With racism comes violence. No exceptions.


Throwmeaway6980085

I'm Hispanic (immigrant), now labeled white by the census, and possibly anybody who wants to say I don't look brown enough. I never oppressed anybody, and if there's a rapist conquistador in my bloodline, it was never my choice or my fault. My native ancestors suffered much more than Africans in America, and we got jack shit in return. You get to live in the most prosperous society in the worlds while my people live today under worse conditions than any American black. Most of us could only dream as having the same opportunities you squander year after year... That's why you see people cross that border with nothing to try and make it with even a bigger disadvantage than any American black. You're goddamn trash if you cannot make it in this country, and it's nobody's fault but your own.


6mementomori

we need to delete that shit, because it's getting real and society is gonna collapse in seconds


[deleted]

Innocent children are being raised to believe they’re monsters just because they don’t have enough melanin. Sins of the father.


Baerenmarder

Is this really happening in school?


alang8113

Who’s the artist who makes these?


YubYubNubNub

I keep wanting to know also.


acro35452

Never resent a child for their parent’s sins Well in this case, supposed sins


HaroldBAZ

CRT: We need to get our children resenting and hating each other as early as possible!


LyuboUwU

Strong Marley vibes


SaltHarvester

I love this author. I've seen quite a few of the works they did and they're all similarly awesome.


theverywetbanana

My family roots lie in poor families. Not one ancestor I have found was wealthy, my entire family comes from a poor and sometimes middle class background. We were hard workers, and were never privileged. I have nothing to apologise for


AKA-aKa-AkA

Wow that’s crazy, that’s not the CRT I learned at all. We had a unit in it in high school and it was basically: we all know racism exists, thankfully there is little to no legal racism in our country (US) anymore. But there was, and it has had some long lasting effects. So we went over the history of things like red lining and the creation of the suburbs (we lived in a mostly white suburb so the teacher felt we really needed to learn why our immediate community looked the way it did). After that the rest of the unit was looking at pop culture and literature from a point of race. It wasn’t anything like “your white so you need to apologize or feel awful” it was much more “legal racism in the past has created ripples that can be seen now” and “when reading about a time period it’s important to recognize how different races were treated and viewed, and how does that impact the POC during the story”. Was I just lucky? Is that experience rare?


ACTUAL_TURTLESHROOM

You were lucky. You were not exposed to CRT like the comic- which is real -because it specifically said there is no legal racism in our country anymore. CRT racists believe EVERYTHING is ***wHitE supREmAcY***, up to and including the taxonomic and colliqual classification of birds. This is because they believe whites are superior and see themselves as the heroes to reverse it.


AKA-aKa-AkA

I mean, how is that even possible. It seems completely insane. Any wide spread examples? I ask Bc I know I gained a lot from that experience so seeing it perverted like that is really troubling.


ACTUAL_TURTLESHROOM

What you received, while racially tinged and still whitey-shaming, was an *actual education*. This is indoctrination. I don't have the resources with me, but a quick Google search would help. Here is just one example: [a Yale guest speaker fantasizing about murdering whites](https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-aud-nw-nyt-yale-psychiatrist-shooting-white-people-20210607-6bu54qqttze6bgn3wtgb6vncpq-story.html). *To applause.* What you are seeing in the comic pervades every Ivy League school. This is what our tax money funds when you go to a very large, very wealthy college. It is only now beginning to trickle into public education, in isolated incidents in liberal regions. The comic's setting, an elementary school, is extremely rare, but it does exist. There are a whole lot of videos of people speaking out at school board meetings who report what they were told. You were taught the actions committed by whites and the atrocities they engaged in because learning the past prevents it from repeating in the future. They want to teach those actions and blame *the descendants* for it. It's called White Guilt and it only breeds hate.


bkrugby78

I am sure there are some places that don't do as much justice to the teaching of marginalized people than others. However, I can distinctly remember sitting in my Catholic predominantly white classroom in 1993, learning about and engaging with the culture of Jim Crow through the lens of the Samuel L. Jackson/Matthew McConaughy film "Mississippi Burning." There's arguments to be made for sure. For instance, much recently has been talked about the Tulsa Massacre. I can't seem to remember if I learned it or not and if there has been a deliberate hiding of that act, then it truly is reprehensible and we should interrogate the past in a more deliberate manner. But telling white kids they are racist for existing is not the way to go, imo.


Realmart1

Kinda cringe but true


InstupituousJay

I know Crowder gets a lot of shit on Reddit but I remember him stating a couple of years ago that, if you keep calling a specific group of people a plague, a virus, a disease that needs to be exterminated, evil, racists etc., they’ll eventually a) grow tired of hearing that and rebel or b) convince them that they are and have them act upon said labels.


ACTUAL_TURTLESHROOM

I completely agree. CRT is practically engineered to create future school shooters, and not just in whites. CRT is *intentionally* engineered to create future racists.


Satans_bloody_farts

This is also Christianity's original sin.


Kenshiro84

the concept of original sin is a classic in religions.


Satans_bloody_farts

The powers that be keep trying to force it on us throughout history.


baddogkelervra1

Except Christianity offers salvation, and doesn’t punish people for being sinners. It acknowledges that we all fall short of God’s grace, but we all are redeemed by the sacrifice of God Himself through His son. This ideology just punishes whites forever, uniquely, for things they never did or historical crimes that others have done as well. There’s no grace, no redemption, no heaven, just endless punishment. But I wouldn’t expect someone with your username to agree, so whatever.


Satans_bloody_farts

Salvation at what cost? Forgoing every earthly pleasure? Bending the knee to an organization that harbors more pedophiles per capita than a brony convention? No thanks. Just because it's less evil doesn't mean it isn't still evil.


baddogkelervra1

Both of those are straw men. If by “earthly pleasures” you mean unbridled hedonism, then maybe. To me, I care more about loving my wife, raising children, and living a good life than indulging vices like drugs and fornication. These things give me more pleasure in the long term, but I suppose if you identify “pleasure” only with short term destructive behaviors then yeah, I guess Christianity isn’t a big fan of heroin either. And pedophiles are some of the most heinous people imaginable. Any of them existing in any church or anywhere else should be rooted out and suffer punishments I can’t say without being banned. That any church harbored them is vile and unforgivable, and I certainly condemn any and all who committed those acts or covered them up. Of course, the rates of pedophilia are far higher among schoolteachers than priests, but that doesn’t quite fit your narrative, does it? Either way, humans committing sins doesn’t exactly invalidate the power of religion as a whole, just as doctors committing medical malpractice doesn’t invalidate the entirety of modern medicine.


bluedrygrass

He's even wrong on the pedophile part. The church doesn't have an higher amount of pedophiles per capita than your average western government. The difference is that when someone is found to be a pedo in the church, the media talks about it. Government backed criminals, on the other hand.... Also the guy acts like the action of the individual incriminates the whole group. While in the scriptures is even written that whoever does that to a child, it'd be better for him/her if they were never born, such is the punishment they'll receive


mattcojo

I got one Saw + No no stick = good


Adept-Priority3051

How is this any different than original sin taught in every Christian household?


kingarthas2

Its not, this shit's a cult for the left.


shj6482

It's worse, it's the same concept of original sin but without any hope for salvation.


thatshitpostyguy

They’re gonna try to teach it in like 4th grade or some shit. In high school it’s fine because at that point kids have their own ideas, but any younger and it’s kinda messed up


CompleteTomorrow

Lmao did you seriously post this unironically, jesus christ


Sleep_eeSheep

CRT: All white history is JUST like what American POCs went through! You just need to ignore everything else, except for skin colour. Source; Dude, Trust Me.


No_Individual_2749

Do any of you even know what CRT is? Or is that just the next conservative boogeyman for you guys to fearmonger about? If you guys really think being taught about white supremacy, the effects of racism on society, and the history of racism is an attack on white people...then you lot really are hopeless.


LottoThrowAwayToday

>Do any of you even know what CRT is? Or is that just the next conservative boogeyman for you guys to fearmonger about? If you guys really think being taught about white supremacy, the effects of racism on society, and the history of racism is an attack on white people...then you lot really are hopeless. It's really weird how you ask if we know what CRT is, then immediately go and start talking about something else entirely.


ACTUAL_TURTLESHROOM

I was taught the horrors of slavery and the triumph of patriots like Martin Luther King II and Harriet Tubman. I was walked through both the Indian Wars and the Civil War. This was all laid bare, but I was also told what made America great and how we overcame the darkness of the past. What I was ***not*** told was that **I** was responsible for it. I was not told that I am evil because of my skin color. I was not held responsible for my ancestors. I was not railroaded by constant crowing about ***whiTE sUprEmaCY*** by people who are completely and totally convicned that whites are superior to them and that it is up to them to reverse it. As an older teenager and an adult, this psychological beating of how evil I am has generated an inferiority complex to the point that I wish that I *wasn't* white. This is in spite of the fact that I have zero white guilt, immense pride in my culture, and no shame of my race, and yet I still wish I could change my race! The content- the horrors of slavery, the evils of the Holocaust, the persecution of minorities, the *actual* systematic racism of Jim Crow -was the same when I was a kid. Now, though, the method in which it is being taught is, while simplified, perfectly and totally encapsulated by this comic.


mattcojo

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/crsj/publications/human_rights_magazine_home/civil-rights-reimagining-policing/a-lesson-on-critical-race-theory/ I don’t think people have a problem at all with teaching that certain events or things occurred. But it’s not the content, it’s the way it’s being taught. The article I posted above from the American Bar Association (yes that one) I feel is the best one out there that discusses what it does because it tries hard to remain unbiased and states the points in an appropriate manner I mainly have a problem with how it views how to solve the problems. Instead of being not racist you have to be “anti racist”. Ignoring race in something like literature isn’t being “not racist” but instead is “adhering to the existing racial hierarchy”.


Little_Ad_1619

Okay,I'm unsubscribing from this place now. You people don't realize how you done fucked up black people. Indians,Natives,etc. Do you know what's it like to be oppressed from Late 1500s to late 1900s? That's over 300 years of fucking oppression Man,I get that this sub shits against Liberals, But don't fucking talk about shit you never went through and Don't know about. Do you know what's it like to have your culture destroyed, Land stolen and people oppressed? Sold into slavery,R****,Beaten to death,Hung from Trees,Whipped into Submission... Y'all ain't shit. This place turned into another place Trump conservative sub like r/thedonald The comments here are so so so Jaded from the truth,It's disgusting. I wish my black brothers and sisters can see why we will never progress.


empath-warrior

>Do you know what's it like to be oppressed from Late 1500s to late 1900s? That's over 300 years of fucking oppression > >Man,I get that this sub shits against Liberals, But don't fucking talk about shit you never went through and Don't know about. No, I don't, do you? Are you a vampire? What you've said is just emotional manipulation. Empty.


[deleted]

[удалено]


lightnxng

Yeah so all whites did this including for example south eastern Europeans who's countries have never done this shit and had this shit happen to them who migrated to America in like the 50s and who's descendants are being taught this shit. Yeah right, fuck you


Jack_Nukem

I never owned slaves and you never picked cotton.


Little_Ad_1619

>I never owned slaves Of course, You came late to the party. It was over. >you never picked cotton. I guess I was late to the party and It's over


Powerful-Union-7962

Ok, are you unsubscribing? Or are you sticking around to post some more frothing at the mouth, poisonous crap? I live in Canada too, and seeing you throwing uninformed, foul bile around makes me hope I never run into you, truly. Edit: Actually I changed my mind, stick around. It’s important for people to see what a true bigot, hiding behind a very thin veneer of “social justice” looks like.


Velrex

I'm native American(don't call us indians if that's what you were referring to) and guess what? My land wasn't stolen from me because by any white person alive now. And I don't blame a man I'll meet on the street for it. I don't blame anyone alive for the sins of their forefathers because they didn't do it. I don't think most people in America have had their land stolen and I damn well know nobody knows how it is to be oppressed since the 1500s. Because they're all dead. And know what? If you live in America, and aren't native American, and own land, you have nothing to talk about. You're technically living in native American land, and thus oppressing people. So before anybody asks for reparations, think about that yourself.


hackflip

I'm Chinese-Canadian. What exactly did I do to black people and natives?


ACTUAL_TURTLESHROOM

You are absurd. **I** never messed up black people. **I** never oppressed a black man. **I** never whipped, hanged, or beat an innocent man. **I** am not an African, so **I** did not go to war to capture and sell my own people and my neighboring tribes to whites in exchange for gunpowder. Do you actually think that teaching the barbarity of slavery, the conquest of the Indians, colonization, and all of that existed before the racists overtook the system and made this comic a reality? I was taught the horrors of slavery and the triumph of patriots like Martin Luther King II and Harriet Tubman. I was walked through both the Indian Wars and the Civil War. This was all laid bare, but I was also told what made America great and how we overcame the darkness of the past. What I was ***not*** told was that **I** was responsible for it. I was not told that I am evil because of my skin color. I was not held responsible for my ancestors. I was not railroaded by constant crowing about ***whiTE sUprEmaCY*** by people who are completely and totally convicned that whites are superior to them and that it is up to them to reverse it. The content- the horrors of slavery, the evils of the Holocaust, the persecution of minorities, the *actual* systematic racism of Jim Crow -was the same when I was a kid. Now, though, the method in which it is being taught is, while simplified, perfectly and totally encapsulated by this comic. Oh, and yes, I *do* know what it's like to have my culture destroyed. Except no one cares about it because I am white.


DoitchLandDoydlebob

Oh and you went through it? How old are you like 250?


-DragonMoon-

"Do you know what it's like to be oppressed from Late 1500s to late 1900s?" No, I wasn't alive then. Very few people alive then is still alive now and while I feel bad for what happened to them I had no control over that so it's not personal guilt or anything. Sure, I might have had ancestors that did terrible things but it wasn't me doing that, so there's no reason for me to feel ashamed of it.