Back to Basics - Party Composition 101
By - AradoEloute
I hope this video helps both new and experienced players in forming parties. Creating a solid party for either farming or boss takes some understanding of the different components in what makes you pick Unit A vs using Unit B or Unit C.
As always any feedback is appreciated and thank you for checking it out.
I intend to create a Unit Highlight next, still deciding on who to feature.
###1: Types of Battles
- The type of battle and the enemies for the stage dictates how your party would look like.
- Story Stages, The Final Isle, Spiral Corridor, and Holy Stones Caves are fixed with 3 Rounds.
- Event stages could range from 1-3 Rounds.
- Prefecture Normal Stages, and Normal World Tower Floors are fixed with 2 Rounds. Prefecture Boss Nodes, and World Tower Boss Floors are normally 1 Round.
###2: Selecting Units - Skills
- Understanding the different type of skills as well as the different rotations will greatly help in Unit Selections.
- Fast type of skills will be executed first before any other units or enemies can get to act. If Multiple Fast skills are selected, the higher Agi will be first to execute.
- Delay type of skills will be executed last after all other units or enemies finished their actions. Delay skills are mainly used to skip a turn if your other party members can clear the stage.
- Direct attacks can only target whoever is in front of the enemy row. It can trigger enemy Counter if active.
- Indirect attacks can target any enemy in the round and not trigger enemy Counters.
- AOE is divided into 3. Full AOE, Row AOE, and Column AOE. Using the points above, if the AOE is considered as a Direct attack, this will still trigger enemy Counters.
- Lastly, for enemy Counters, Direct attacks within Combo or Overdrive will not trigger this.
- There are different rotations you can label a character, mostly on auto, so that you can easily see how each will attack. The goal is to do 1 Turn Clear per round, so your max budget is 16 BP, and additional BP for Power Charge / Battle Tension Units / Matriarch.
Rotation | Sample
8-0-8 | Prefecture Taria
6-6-4 | BOF Blouge
10-0-6 | Fuse 1.0
8-4-4 | Limited Madeleine
5-5-5 | UDX Mirza
6-6-6 | Lightbert
9-4-4 | Therese
- Using the correct formation with the proper placement of Units can increase your chance of a smooth Auto farming runs or clearing a hard stage. Here are some formations I use often.
- Sigmoid and Inverse Sigmoid are good for Hybrid Parties using STR / INT or DEX / INT DPS. The main use for these 2 formations can be best applied in The Final Isle. You have better control of Attack Sequence which controls the number of attacks you do per Well Battles.
- Rapid Stream is the most common formation used to best utilize the Agi method for tackling bosses.
- Tiger Shark is the other formation commonly used for tackling bosses, mainly if a Parry Tank can deflect most of the boss attacks.
- Rainbow Rangers is used if you want to use different DPS source and attack sequence may differ each cycle.
- Anima Stream is used for Magic DPS, or for Instant Kill Teams.
###4: Additional Info - Farming
- DPS with Hardly Wallop or Engage Ability are best used for farming.
- Full HP Stone is useful for farming as you get the most attack boost with the goal of fast clears.
- Having the correct balance of AOE and Fast AOE for Multiple Enemies, and Strong ST for Single Enemy is usually the common formula for fast clears.
- If a stage is too hard for Fast Clears, Jammers or Ailment Inflicters can be used to control enemies from wiping you out first
###4: Additional Info - Bosses
- Support, Buffers, Healers, and Tank will be priority in this to ensure survivability.
- Abate (All) on both Armor and Gear is very important.
- DPS would normally be the last unit to add in the party if the boss can’t be cleared easily. Otherwise, 2 DPS + 1 Debuffer + 1 Healer + 1 Tank or DPS if Tank is not needed.
- One keynote is to have some offense if possible since the goal is to clear the boss before a bad RNG wipes out your party if faced long enough.
/u/Maybe_worth , /u/Temporary_Kangaroo_3 : Is this okay?
Very good, specially for beginners, I think it should have a mention on the help thread here
Nice, someone that writes instead of talking. Way better to watch, thx man.
Why did you not talk about the other important formations like phoenix (the one that carried me the most before) or deadly pierce?
Thank you for checking it out.
I don't have a reason for not including Rising Phoenix and Deadly Pierce. I don't want it to be too boring so I tried to condense the Formations into 2 panes only.
IMO, since we got so much gunners, and with Therese joining in, Deadly Pierce becomes good and can be used for Dex/Str parties, or full Dex if you would like that with some Attack Sequence control. The attack sequence gets enhanced in the Kai version later on where the outer positions has a higher chance to attack first which allows you for better planning.
Rising Phoenix is a more defensive formation best to turtle anything you are unable to clear. I used it in some of my runs in the past and was able to slowly clear a boss. I feel it slowed down in usage since we now have Tiger Shark, and the game leaned towards more to clearing as fast as possible that some opt not to use it. I personally haven't used it recently too.
My recommendation is, if you're going to type up your guide and make a video out of it, just type up the guide so you can paste it for those who don't/can't watch youtube as well.
You're halfway there already by doing up all that copy anyhow.
Thank you for the recommendation. The guide to the right was written in powerpoint. Do you have a recommendation on where I can upload the file or even a PDF version of it? I could paste the text here but I find it a little boring to be reading just a wall of text without any visuals / pictures.
The video was nice but we’re on Reddit, by nature we love reading walls of text!
Good point. I will try to figure out how to present the wall of text here, will take care of that once I have some free time today.
Just do what you are comfortable with.
Truth is maybe some like wall of text, some prefer video, end of the day is just personal preference.
Your the true hero! Thanks to this tips was able to do all bosses with this team:
Mirsa Narwahal Princes R Byunei Mama
Slow tactic but very efficient!
Okay, I'm not crazy, I'm on the right track after all. All of your advice were things I had noted but it's great to have someone else double checking things
Another beginner advice: Status Ailments are almost completely fatal in Re:U such as charm, confuse, petrified and paralyze. This is balanced with the fact they will be cured between rounds, so be on guard for last rounds or 1 round boss/challenge fights