By - chuggMachine
1. The Store is working just fine and it seems it's not going anywhere anytime soon. It won't be possible to use your credit or debit cards starting October 27 for making purchases via PS3 version of the Store, but you will still be able to add the funds on the PC version of the Store or via Gift Cards and use those funds on PS3 to purchase things.
2. The difference in performance is pretty miniscule and only applies to some of the early multiplatform titles (mainly some screen tearing and lower texture resolution), and it definitely doesn't affect the gameplay aspect of things in any way.
3. I have no idea about this question, sorry, but as I said above the Store on PS3 is still functioning, albeit with some artificial technical shortages created by Sony itself, so you shouldn't have any problems with buying stuff on it for the time being.
With regards to your first point, didn’t the PC version of the PS3 store shut down like a year ago?
It did, but you still can add funds in your account there and they will be available on PS3's Store where you can make purchases.
I don’t know if it’s down on PC but you can access it still on the actual PS3. As OP said, you should be able to add funds to wallet via PC and use the funds in the PS3 store.
I tried accessing the store on PC and it only shows games for ps4 and 5
I think you have to add money to your account on PC. Then go to PS3 and buy games.
Thanks man this helps
I'd recommend buying discs from second hand sites like CEX, instead of the store. It was made for a time when buying games online wasn't as popular, and it shows.
Regarding question 2, it depends on the game. I would look it up on an individual basis. For example, the PS3 version of FFXIII is superior to the 360 version. It looks and runs better on PS3. If you compare versions of GTA IV, they are about the same (you would be equally happy with the PS3 or 360 version). Then there are games like Skyrim/Fallout 3, which are notably worse on PS3 compared to the 360 version (you should buy the 360 version of these instead).
Like other people are implying, it took developers a few years to figure out how to port to PS3 and take real advantage of the hardware. Some 3rd party developers (namely Bethesda) seemed to never really get their games up to speed.
GTA IV is terrible on PS3 is not even 720p and runs like crap.
GTA IV was a bad example. I was going off of my memory and I thought they were similar in performance. Turns out that the PS3 version is tangibly worse, both in terms of frame rate, and the PS3 does upscale sub-720P resolution with no anti-aliasing while the 360 version has native 720P resolution with 2x AA. So: 360 version of GTA IV > PS3 version.
1. The PS Store is not working properly for mostly asian accounts. Good luck with downloading new games or DLCs if you want to buy digitally. Me and a number of people still have our money wasted because there's an error code that's been unresolved for weeks/almost a month already.
Dammit. I'm getting 26 physical games with the console I'm buying but this still got me worried.
I know some aren’t into physicals but it’s the best route to take for the future. There’s no telling when servers, stores, etc will be completely shut down for PS3. Getting a hold of physicals of your favorite games is the best idea for longevity.
3. Yes softmodding is very easy now. There are plenty of tutorials on YouTube.
You buy discs and you feed them to the PS3, it has a mouth at the front
You can but piracy is not allowed on the main subreddit so please don’t ask on here