T O P

#1689 - Yannis Pappas - The Joe Rogan Experience

#1689 - Yannis Pappas - The Joe Rogan Experience

anabolicartist

Joe talking about hosts killing/not going along with comedians bits is pretty funny


Lallana_Del_Rey4

make no mistake cuz, Chrissy clamedia is seething rn, but at least he has his shitty bar show 🤷‍♀️


LittleDoxie

Any podcast that Chris does he is mentioning how he would love to do Rogan. And I can tell he’s one of those people Rogan doesn’t want on 😂


Lallana_Del_Rey4

yea, I think I also heard him say he asked his "people" but got no response back


Tortankum

Yeah because Joe is a complete kill joy and would ruin chrissy’s energy.


eljackson

Alphabrain Chimp & tribe stand behind Yanni Long Days in the upcoming Hyena War.


VapeLyfe

That show doesn’t make it to season two. I’d put money on it. I love Chris, but in my opinion he sold out. Wants to be Sal way too bad.


TimesNewRamon

Did he finish HH or was it mutual?


MonoMcFlury

Watch the podcast with Bobby Lee. They going in deep https://youtu.be/mjSR6XLM3_g


TimesNewRamon

That’s awesome thanks man


TotaLibertarian

Chris did.


redsdf17

I believe Yannis didn’t want Chris to do his podcast with Sal and do HH. Chris was willing to keep doing HH just wanted to start the new podcast as well.


Suckaaa1

Can't blame him, I mean putting restrictions on someone else is kind of controlling and weird.


shaqitup

Sort of, but if buddy is doing a TV show, stand up comedy and 3 podcasts, how much is he putting into 1 of them?


TrialAndAaron

The entire goal is to make money.


KongQiuBBQ

Doesn't make sense to put a negative spin on him "selling out". The goal is always to be financially stable. Not everyone can be some Joe Rogan who makes bank on doing what you want. It's not like Chris sold out his voice either. He just chose a different type of show/niche in the same industry.


cody176523

Dude has a young kid and like just had another baby. Can’t blame him for looking for some financial stability even if the show doesn’t work out.


Shooter-__-McGavin

Can't blame the guy at all, Sal is swimming in money. And Chris is funnier than all the jokers combined imo.


robertsj1990

Long Days > Chrissy Chaos


FUWS

DAS IT!!! Man I remember Yannis from YKWD days. Joe needs to get Dan Soder next.


Unlucky-Tonight-5041

Dan Soder is great, but I think the show would be a dud unless he had someone to riff with like Big Jay or Shane.


DoodleDew

At that point it’s just the bone fire with joe


this-guy-

Yep. Soder is a majestic riffing guy and would be better on Whiskey Ginger or YMH. Rogan can't volley a riff back and forwards. He's not a team player that way.


[deleted]

[удалено]


this-guy-

Hmmm. Jamie, pull up "would a chicken cross the road" because I'm sure I read an article saying they would not cross the road. Because of cold shock proteins. Have you found it? It's on my Instagram from a few days. Scroll Down, down. Keep going. No. You've gone to far. It was a couple of days ago. Hmmm, no. I'll send it you. There it is- Why did the chicken cross the road, an investigation by Dr Herbert P. Grifter . Look, he's a "roadologist" ... at Evergreen University . Oh! Do you know about Evergreen?


watchutalkinbowt

The ZZ Top bit on the Rachel Feinstein ep of Bonfire recently was the funniest thing I've heard in a while


KILLERSPELLINGBEES

Try listening to it lately? One of my favorites when it was hot, now it's pretty sad. Still catch an ep once in a while but I wish Bobby's career took off so he'd be happier


TheSpermWhoWon

His co-host is aids. No idea why he gave her a mic


GeorgieZhukov

Flood city, usa


Enichola10

Does anybody know where I can find Theo Vonn’s set that Joe referenced here? That line had me cracking up. “A gay dude bit my uncle… so… we’ll see.” Lol!


[deleted]

Maybe “no offense” on Netflix


hitch21

I love Yannis and will listen to him on anything


MonoMcFlury

I love how he mentioned nipplegate 2.0


hitch21

Where Eric Weinstein was edited onto his chest lol


jefftaf

I love how he addressed recent activities of Joe right of the bat! hahahaha


rafyy

one of the most intelligent comedians out there besides tim dillon. he makes a great guest and his podcast is great.


a_distantmemory

I loved every time he laughed. Idk why but I thought it was a very adorable, genuine laugh.


Greddy209

Yannis be surfing this sub. He’s talking about Joe’s hard nipples, to joe Biden son smoking crack. If he is sup yannis love you man


olly5656

Who hasn’t talked about Hunter smoking crack lol neither of those are sub-exclusive topics


C19shadow

I see that stuff on here more then anywhere, rogan and fans have a weird obsession with this weirdo smoking Crack lol


Spare-Ad-9464

I mean it’s super vivid footage of an elected officials son consuming hard drugs. Nothing weird about it being sensational


hotchiIi

It being sensational isnt weird but amount of criticism Biden gets from Rogan compared to how much he criticized Trump is very weird.


DocPazuzu

Man....that Othello reference.


nb150207

To be fair, Joe probably thought he was referring to the parrot from Aladdin


dankomz146

I love how Jamie started dying on the background when Papa said what's his gun's caliber is He's a true Texan now lmao


Whuann

Joe thinks there’s more guns in Austin and LA lol


dankomz146

More guns in Austin and LA than where ?


BipolarKing14

Spoiler alert: Strong ending Yannis is hilarious at the end.


Spare-Ad-9464

Thank you


Proud_Donut_5126

Great ep, Yanni


Octagore

Lmao when Yannis told Joe that Saunas weren't a treatment for covid and Joe pulled up a peer reviewed article talking about how saunas actually *can* prevent covid. It even said inhaling steam with essential oils after exposure can stop it. Lmaooo https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7361064/ There's the article. I think it might have been taken down after the podcast though. I can't get into it. The dastardly Fauci at it again!!


Bakerblack

“We provide a reasonable estimate for near complete thermal destruction of coronavirus. For temperatures above 65°C (149°F) is expected to cause near complete inactivation with exposures greater than 3 minutes. For temperatures between 55 and 60°C (131‐140°F) heating should last 5 minutes or more. However, for temperatures in the range 50‐55°C (122‐131°F) we recommend 20 minutes or longer of exposure. At these levels, we expect the viral concentration to be lowered by log 5‐7, near or below the detectable limit. “ Yea probably not bud


Octagore

Probably not what


Bakerblack

A sauna is probably not killing covid based on these temperatures. Read


Octagore

149°f inactivates covid in 3 minutes of exposure. A sauna is 180-200°f, and usually for a lot more than 3 minutes. You're breathing in really hot air, and I doubt it cools down by 50°f by the time it reaches your lungs.


Bakerblack

But your body temperature doesn’t get that hot or you’d die.


Bakerblack

But your body temperature doesn’t get that hot or you’d die.


Octagore

Covid concentrates in the lungs, especially right after exposure


Bakerblack

Ok so most people aren’t sitting in saunas at those temps so the temp you’re talking about de activates, Which would then reactivate in your body.


Octagore

What do you mean, saunas are always at least 180


Bakerblack

No way that’s on the upper end of their range most people aren’t kicking it in saunas that are 180 degrees


IsThisFappening

I thought Yannis would make a good guest but he’s going with the Tony Hinchecliffe method of just let Joe speak and agree with everything


MrNudeGuy

As in interviewer idk why joe has to have such hard opinions. He wasn’t always this way. Now it’s just joe Rogans opinion and guest


YouAreDreaming

Yea I used to listen to Joe because he would shut up and let the guest speak. I would listen to every single episode But now it’s him shoe horning his same few opinions in every single episode


Ok-Piglet8858

>But now it’s him shoe horning his same few opinions in every single episode He seem to do this primarily with the comedian guests. When he has a high intellectual guest on, he shuts the fuck up and listens. Cornel West and Brian Greene are two of these types of guests that comes to mind.


Dick_chopper

He's been like this for years now


KillaB33z

Biles not being able to take her ADHD medication in Japan makes so much sense why she dropped out. I'll admit it, I was extremely critical of her for "quitting" when I first heard it, but I have ADHD and have to take medication for it and I just couldn't imagine going through all of that without it. It was kind of annoying when they started talking about how it might be a scandal or some sort of performance enhancing drug. ADHD + Medication does not equal enhancement. Even on medication, I still forgot about a family members wake last week. It fucking sucks. I feel bad for her.


chasingstatues

Yeah and I mean, an off day for an Olympic gymnast doesn't just mean losing the competition and dragging her team down; it could mean a fatal or life altering injury. Just watch videos of gymnasts getting injuries, it's brutal. If her head isn't in the right place, for whatever reason, the result could be disastrous and obviously that's not worth it. Especially for Biles, considering she does moves so dangerous that the judges literally underscore them because they don't want to encourage others to do those same things. It blows my mind people keep comparing it to like, "imagine if the president left the middle of an important meeting/a doctor left in the middle of surgery." Like, this isn't her job and the only thing on the line is literally just a medal. It's *her* life and well-being that's at stake, no one else's and certainly not the whole country's.


NanoGeek

If a doctor was operating on me and felt like he couldn't get it together, I'd absolutely want him to drop tools and let someone else take over. [A distracted surgeon is how you get a towel left inside your torso.](https://abc13.com/crmc-community-regional-medical-center-fresno-negligence/1181131/)


chasingstatues

Lol for real


Thissiteisdogshit

You can literally tell who's participated in sports as a kid and who didn't. Anyone that's criticizing her doesn't realize how detrimental the wrong head space in sports can be especially if you're doing something that can alter your life. I played basketball growing up, was rather competitive, played all 4 yrs in high school and had days where I felt like I had never shot a ball before. The difference is I'm not going to break my neck if I miss a shot.


chasingstatues

Yeah, people are comparing it to Michael Jordan dropping out mid-game or mid-season, too. But exactly like you said, his neck wasn't on the line. I'm honestly the most non-sporty person ever but you're totally right about the trend here. I don't see other athletes popping out of the woodwork to condemn her right now. It's just all these armchair flabbies who are complaining, as my friend aptly called them.


Uncuffedhems

Also wasn’t she literally molested by that coach Larry nasar ? Nevertheless I genuinely do not understand why it bothers so many conservatives who would struggle to name 2 more gymnasts in the world. The whole outrage seems odd to me


Impressive-Potato

No no you don't understand, the people outraged are only after make believe child traffickers.


Politics-Mods-R-Cux

Charlie Kirk with 0 self awareness went off about her quitting, while Kirk himself is a community college dropout


Canningred

It is sad that people think Charlie Kirk is worth listening too. Dude is a straight up 🤡


EquivalentAlarm2048

Ben Shapiro gets shit on a ton in the sub, but gotta admit Kirk is on an even worse level. It was nice to see Shapiro's pretty grounded take on it: [https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1420345951152230407](https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1420345951152230407) I'm glad Joe's never had Charlie Kirk on, even though he's had a variety of pretty far right wingers, Kirk just is a different level.


Holdmabeerdude

He said she was a "sociopath" for dropping out. He's the embodiment of a little entitled bitch boy who has never lived in the actual world.


WhiskeyFF

She said in an interview before the trails that the only reason she’s going is she’s the last of the era of girls that Nasser coached. She felt people would forget if she didn’t compete.


davomyster

It's only conservatives who are mad, it seems. I hate to say it but her being a black woman must have something to do with this. These people don't give a shit about gymnastics...


[deleted]

[удалено]


Impressive-Potato

I see people saying "this everybody gets a medal generation!!" Um... she's won all the medals.


[deleted]

[удалено]


High_speedchase

Conservatives are so predictably reactionary.


bruinsra1

I am conservative and have to say that they did her super dirty and she will forever be my favorite olympian. She should have the medicine she needs and also be judged at the same level as everyone else.


Canningred

Thank you for not being a culture warrior, and blind partisan


bruinsra1

To be fair I am way more middle than I am staunch republican. I am for gay marriage and legalization. Just gotta have guns and free speech.


ithinkiloveyoubitch

Can you make your own party so I can join


WillyTanner

What evidence do you have that the author of that story is a liberal ?


Uncuffedhems

This was written after the insane conservative reaction. Plus why are they making it political?


RudyRoughknight

The sheer fact that you're saying this makes me think where your priorities really lie when it comes to black people. I've said it and it needed to be said.


ajm2247

Leave it to the US to turn the whole fucking thing into a political issue.


Chris_Hansen_AMA

I get the sense that conservatives feel like she owed them a gold medal. She, the black woman, is suppose to dance and entertain us and if she can’t do that then what good is she. She’s been training every single day for years. Has likely been daydreaming of winning the gold in Tokyo every day for years. She wants it more than anyone so if she says she isn’t able to perform then I believe here. She doesn’t owe anyone shit.


Lookoutbehind

Its super fucking weird. You quit your job because “you’re sick of it” and these type of people don’t care. You quit your job for your “mental health” and they freak out and call you weak. Seriously I have a buddy that Has walked off the job because “it’s bullshit, and too much shit for the Pay” but has mocked people for quitting their job because “it’s too tough.” Like what?


davomyster

> I was extremely critical of her for "quitting" when I first heard it Why? I don't understand this logic at all. Why do you care at all if a gymnast decides to pull out of the Olympics? I'm completely baffled by this entire story of people attacking her for this


WillyTanner

It's so weird, people acting like their taxes are going to go down if the US olympic team wins gold.


Psychological_Fish37

Culture war dude, as old as this country probably older. Pundits weaponize issues, the news makes money from conflict, so they don't put the dampener on the rhetoric.


ajm2247

Same, as someone who gives zero fucks about the olympics or the people participating in it I've just been watching this whole thing from the sideline saying wtf.


Chris_Hansen_AMA

Because the woman is suppose to dance and entertain me. And people with mental health problems are weak libs. Honestly I feel like had right-wing pundits not put this trash in people’s heads, nobody would have thought twice about it.


KillaB33z

I honestly didn’t know much about the situation and it sounded like she just quit on her team/country. I’m usually super critical of myself for giving in to stuff so I think it made me just feel insecure and I thought the same thing about her as I would about myself in that situation .


davomyster

Thank you for explaining. I can understand that. I don't feel that way but I can understand it


TrialAndAaron

If you know you’ll do bad you’re helping the team by quitting though


CounterCostaCulture

In all honesty, it sucks that she dropped out at the olympics, thats why some people are so upset, but I'm also glad that when athletes are not mentally right its starting to be accepted that it's best for them to not compete.


Chris_Hansen_AMA

It’s very clearly not accepted by a large portion of the country. Charlie Kirk called her a weak sociopath.


[deleted]

[удалено]


davomyster

I seriously don't understand it. Is she an outspoken liberal or something? There has to be a reason all these people suddenly hate her


Chris_Hansen_AMA

No she’s not, that’s the weird part. I’ll cut to the chase for you - she’s a black woman who is open about mental health issues. Conservatives hate her because she’s black and they think mental health issues make you a weak lib. Being conservative isn’t about the issues today, it’s about the toxic alpha male aesthetic.


davomyster

You're right. I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and look for another explanation but after racking my brain for 24 hours, yours is the only explanation that makes sense. It's a particularly bad look for conservatives. This is blatant.


lager81

Always gotta make it about race 🙄 I'm proud of her and all her accomishments and I understand the stage and mental toll it takes. But if you can't understand why people would be mad without bringing racism into you might be a partisan ideological hack. If LeBron didn't feel like playing in game 7 of the NBA finals, people would be pissed. Regardless of the real reason. It's just human nature


FuzzyButtScratcher

If i had to guess, they think she "quit" on her country. To people who think they are patriotic, this makes sense.


John_T_Conover

The people boasting about how patriotic they are are literally booing our Olypmians with different political views than them and cheering when they lose though.


808adams

the irony is that the vast majority of the demographic being outraged probably never even gave a shit about the olympics.


SamuraiPanda19

Trump told his supporters to boo the US women’s soccer team, so who knows what they’re about anymore


FuzzyButtScratcher

“think they are patriotic” was part of my comment for a reason


Psychological_Fish37

> To people who think they are patriotic, this makes sense. Which to me is weird, we are so supposed to be about freedom. What is more American, then saying fuck you I don't have to do shit. And not for nothing a black American whose great grandparents were slaves, is now the greatest gymnast of all time saying fuck off, I am going home, well that's just poetic justice on this stanza of American history.


Impressive-Potato

How entitled are people, eh. She brought in how ambitious world titles and Olympic golds


[deleted]

[удалено]


davomyster

But is she political somehow?


leovaro

No, but she’s black, not named Candace Owens, and that’s all “the right” needed to start attacking


treyviusmaximus3

This is really just bullshit you're making up. People are talking because this was like LeBron quit playing at halftime during the finals after missing a couple free throws. I get the fear of injury involved with gymnastics over a free throw, but it's not cause she's a black women. It's cause she is the goat and quit in what is likely her last global competition. It has nothing to do with race, gender, or boomers. She is the goat and can no longer perform because she got the yips at the Olympics.


[deleted]

[удалено]


John_T_Conover

Then it's not like LeBron at all. Gymnastics is one of the most dangerous sports there is. This more like a legendary fighter coming back for one final big fight and realizing mid fight that they just don't have it anymore. As an avid boxing and mma fan I've seen that happen several times. It sucks and you're disappointed but you understand and feel bad for them. I find it interesting that those criticizing her have never been even close to her level and the few that have been and spoken out about this have 100% been in support and approval of her.


nootomat

She's didn't quit...she just knows she can't do things safely at this point. Whatch the video on this Twitter which is originally from Simone's insta: https://twitter.com/i/status/1420962059894808578 This is someone crashing and burning twice but didn't leave with broken ankles or wasn't paralyzed because she's doing this in a foam pit.


dudlord

Because they're not representing their cuntry


lardbiscuits

I mean Ritalin is without question a performance enhancing drug. Like there’s no debate about that. I am obviously not sure but assume that’s what she takes. There was even a crackdown on it in the MLB years ago when it turned out and enormous amount of players were taking it. For sports that require high amounts of focus like gymnastics, it’s absolutely performance enhancing. There have even been studies that ADHD athletes can have an advantage just by having ADHD. Edit: People are really fucking stupid. Like troublingly so. Amphetamines aren’t just about providing focus. Yes, a person with ADHD doesn’t “feel” the drug as much as someone else without ADHD does. Yes, it more just levels them out. However, amphetamines do much more than just help one “focus” and the physical effects of the drug don’t change or disappear just because you have ADHD.


KillaB33z

If argue that if you have ADHD, it’s not. It’s treatment for a disorder. If she doesn’t, then yes i could see why it could be seen as that


lardbiscuits

https://nymag.com/article/2016/05/the-adderall-workout.html Any college student who’s bumming of your boy for some Ritalin can tell you it’s performance enhancing for writing a long paper. But it’s beneficial for exercise for everyone. Even those prescribed it.


YouAreDreaming

He’s saying it’s different for someone who needs it though. Like testosterone is performance enhancing, but if someone has a disorder that gives them extremely low testosterone, and injections brings them the same exact level as the rest of their teammates, is that still considered “cheating”?


jarde

There’s no hard scientifical test to see if someone needs it. You just have an interview and the doctor decides if you get it or not. Low T you can test for. I’m actually really surprised they are allowing athletes to take amphetamines. Reminds me of when the UFC was allowing TRT excemptions. We all remember how that was totally not abused.


YouAreDreaming

Fair point


KillaB33z

People who abuse adderall are the worst type of people. I hate stories like this because it undercuts people who legitimately need it. Adderall will help people with ADHD just write a college paper or even begin a workout. It will make them be able to control their executive functioning like a person without the disorder would be able to.


lardbiscuits

I don’t disagree with you, but in terms of athletic function, it helps everyone. Including those prescribed it. We are talking peak competition here. It’s the Olympics. You’re not going to be allowed to take it. I believe — and am not sure — but I do believe certain inhalers are banned as well for endurance athletes like rowers and swimmers and runners.


WillingNeedleworker2

Quote for helping "athletic function"?


lardbiscuits

I’ve already posted a source


gwar822

Adhd is a weird thing.. many countries don't even believe its real.. and amphetamine and methamphetamine are highly illegal... what is adhd and what causes it? Really confusing to me.. i should be on adderal i was diagnose with a.d.d and ive alwaya struggled... but there has to be another way.. idk


WillingNeedleworker2

There isn't another way. It is management, not a cure. You can work on the symptoms naturally but it won't never substantially improve. Removing screen time, meditation, removing other sources of anxiety that remove concentration, and some sensory tricks can fool your brain into focusing.


YouAreDreaming

> People who abuse adderall are the worst type of people. lol what a dumb fucking statement


therealrico

Not really. Not when you have to jump through hoops to get prescribed the medication in the first place.


YouAreDreaming

Lol ok dude. The “worst people” are people that take adderal recreationally. Sure thing


therealrico

Do you understand hyperbole? I doubt u/KillaB33z actually thinks they are the worse people ever. It's like saying people who tailgate are the worst type of people. Don't be dumb.


TheAtheistArab87

No I take him literally. My neighbor who takes adderal makes Hitler look like Mr Rodgers


Connect-Profile-4164

I honestly feel like ADHD is way overblown. I went to an expensive doctor when I was 20 , basically told him I bought adderall and vyvanse from my friends in HS, and that it helped me focus. He then prescribed me Dexedrine after I asked him to. It literally helps everyone focus and makes you go far harder in sports. Adderall is an amphetamine so it’s kind of like watered down meth. They just give it to kids when they’re young so they’re actually kind of addicted to amphetamines AKA speed. Simone biles is in adderall withdrawal lol


KillaB33z

It’s not overblown. Its very serious. People with ADHD have delayed development of the prefrontal cortex. They have less capacity for executive functioning. Growing up without medication, someone could have held a gun to my head and said “don’t forget to bring a pencil to class this time or you’re dead”. I could put 100 percent of my effort into trying to remember a pencil and I would still forget it when the time came. Sounds like you don’t have it and were just looking for drugs.


Mriswith88

Same. I can't remember a birthday or an anniversary to save my life. I rarely remember to clean my house and I'm constantly putting out fires at work for almost dropping the ball on assignments. The only way I've managed to make it work is through the spurts of hyper-focus. That state of mind makes me feel like a superhero, but it is so energetically draining.


KidsInTheSandbox

Adderall and Ritalin aren't even the same thing dummy. Jesus christ goes to show how ignorant some people are yet they're here giving their "expert" advice lmao.


BigFang

Frank Mir tried to get a USADA exception bit was refused


nootomat

Joe's heart is in the right place, but the ADHD meds seems like a big red herring. I'll drop a link to the Japanese embassy in Denmark. https://www.dk.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/visamed.html > Psychotropic Medicines >Please note the actual person who will be using the psychotropic medicine must be the one who carries this medicine into Japan. >If you intend to import / export psychotropics equal to or less than the amount indicated in the Table (excluding injection form), you do not need to apply for a Yakkan Shoumei. >If you intend to import/export more than the allowed amount of a Psychotropic (refer to table), a [Yakkan Shoumei](https://www.dk.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/visamed2.html)[ ](https://www.dk.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/visamed2.html)is required. A Yakkan Shoumei is also required if you wish to bring the Psychotropic in any type of injection form.   >E.g. Diazepam (Valium) >1.2g, Yakkan Shoumei is required. >E.g. Methylphenidate (**Ritalin**/Concerta) > 2.16g, Yakkan Shoumei is required. >E.g. Temazepam (Temaze) > 900mg, Yakkan Shoumei is required. 2.16g is 108 20mg tablets which should be more than enough to get a person through the 3-4 weeks that they're in Tokyo for the Olympics including the quarantine time. If on the outside case, she needed more, then there's a medication importation form that will handle it. Because importation allowed, she wouldn't be seeing a Japanese doctor for a prescription and would simply carry on using her prescription. It would be highly unlikely that Biles was not granted a similar waiver because it's not really under the Japanese jurisdiction, but rather the IOC. Edit: apparently factually researched information regarding what and how Japan allows for the importation of drugs is frowned upon here?


Weed_Pancakes

Hey so I came here looking for this comment. The only concrete info on her actually not being able to take ADHD meds seems to be coming from Chris Bell’s Instagram post lol. When I google search this all articles are on shit websites are specifically referencing what Rogan said. Rogan even says “Why is nobody talking about this? Why am I only hearing it from Chris Bell?” Makes me think it’s probably speculation by Bell being repeated by Rogan as an actually story.


nootomat

Yea, it's definitely speculation that's borderline unlikely. If, and it's a big if, that the cause is actually an issue with her medication it would be far more likely in Simone's camp than Japan... Japanese laws do make hard for her to get Ritalin if she somehow didn't have enough through either a dropped ball somewhere or just plain bad luck (idk, she knocked the bottle over into the toilet). But it's even speculative about how frequently she uses her ADHD medication. But as far as the facts, it seems less plausible that Japan banned her from taking the medication. That allegation in itself would be a big ol' stinker of a PR scandal, particularly given Japan's own importation rules on the substance and would dive into the realm of Japanese customs or officials targeting her and I have no doubt red flags would have been waved when athletes were starting to show up if they were doing something that nefarious.


ar4s

You can order/bring prescription drugs to japan if it’s a 30 day supply (or less).


Whatwhatinthe_____

Have you tried not being addicted to speed?


KillaB33z

Have you tried running into oncoming traffic? Go fuck yourself


enty6003

Five fucking comedians in a row?


BigJuicyBalls

Yea I think there's probably a shows in Austin or something lol.


dudlord

Who else is going to Austin


BOBASA

I think the last 5 guests were pretty solid. Even Jimmy Dore who I cant stand was interesting to listen to as a throw back.


Halo909

it was worth finding that choke though. It was so nasty I'm surprised he didn't get some serious neck damage. They literally looked for that 15 sec clip for 10 minutes.


Fartsinthewind43

I used to love Chrissy D but I’m definitely taking Yanni in the divorce. He is caaaaaayute and crushing it


dankomz146

Joe "Conor submits Khabib" Rogan


NL108

Seems like joe was trying to riff more in this one. Still didn’t always land but at least he’s trying to not be as much of a bump on a log haha


pokedrawer

I'm just hear for the community shout out. Great show.


Shooter-__-McGavin

Listening to Joe and guest fire up cigars on the show is quickly becoming one of the most annoying things to listen to.


00NC3100

Yanniiii


BOBASA

The ole JRE is back! Loving these guests.


NegativeGee

Chrissy D has to be on the brink right now. Get the boy on the podcast!


1q8b

Joes take on the Simone biles stuff is pretty fucking dumb for someone who has daughters


SCJut

Another comedian episode. Another one to not listen to.


TheAtheistArab87

They talk to each other the whole time. Save yourself a listen


Ambitious-Dot-476

Let me guess, a cancel culture and censorship whine session


ZeLuigi

Quitting is a poor example to set for others. It wouldn’t be that big of a deal however if not for the fact that the media and twitter blue checks are glamorizing it. They’ve literally run headlines saying how it’s “heroic” and “strong” and “better than winning”. Whatever you feel about Biles or this situation, it’s certainly *not* any of those things. Quitting even if personally acceptable to you is not heroic. It’s been several days of elite media trying to invert basic values and then crying racism at anyone who objects. And yes the sectarian angle is real. Because of identity politics, she’s getting different treatment than say if Lebron James or Tom Brady left the game in the middle of the finals because “mental health” (which btw she gave a bunch of other excuses). The final thing is that the people defending her have lost all perspective when they say things like “none of you possibly know what this type of pressure is like”. Bullshit. (1) She’s not us, she’s the olympic representative that signed up for this and is backed by tax payer dollars. (2) People deal with way more pressure than this on a daily basis. Cops chasing armed criminals, nurses treating covid patients, welders working on a bridge, a surgeon performing critical procedures on a baby, a solider guarding an outpost. GTFO with this stuff. People are entitled to their opinions. “Why do you care?” Why do you care why people care? People who answer the bell every day can opine on whatever they want because that’s what humans do. Mental health is a trendy term and there’s a lot to it. If a garbage man stops picking up the garbage because of his mental health he’s fired, and he isnt a millionaire like Biles.


MrNudeGuy

Imagine caring this much that you write a wall of text. Lol


808adams

Exactly, because pulling out of performing in the olympics that everyone will forget about in 3-4 months is literally like a medical soldier pulling out mid operation of a baby heart surgery in the middle of the battlfield. Honestly just shut the fuck with your bullshit outrage, she couldn't get her ADHD medication in Japan, people have withdrawals, and people have quit from all the professions you mentioned to make your strawman because guess what? people are built different, they deal with life differently. But oh no mr.Blubberous McArmchair Redditor is not pleased over here.


ZeLuigi

> Exactly, because pulling out of performing in the olympics that everyone will forget about in 3-4 months is literally like a medical soldier pulling out mid operation of a baby heart surgery in the middle of the battlfield. I didn't say that. If you weren't so illiterate/dishonest (you pick), you'd realize I said the exact opposite. Every aspect of the Olympics is much less important than that, which is why this argument that no one can understand the pressure is moronic. And you're dishonest/illiterate for not picking that up, because I listed several examples where the consequences of quitting are not as severe as those, but the personal risk to oneself for doing the task is even higher. > Honestly just shut the fuck with your bullshit outrage No. I'll continue to post whatever I want, and you'll do nothing about it. Let's also both be clear that you wouldn't speak to people this way in real life, because you're an extremely weak person. > people are built different, they deal with life differently. And some of those different things are...wait for it...better or worse than other things...Not everything is the same...so not everything is...equally good. Some people escape poverty to become champions and leaders. Some become criminals and predators. People are built differently. It doesn't mean that all those outcomes are equally heroic or good or that we should glamorize them. If you weren't so illiterate, you'd have noticed that I barely talked about Biles. Her quitting in and of itself is a small event. It's the media and others glamorizing it that are just completely shameless. > But oh no mr.Blubberous McArmchair Redditor is not pleased over here. The only people making this a meta-debate are people like you. Group A posts "I dont think this is heroic", Group B "JGEAJFJEFJEHFEJF WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT PEOPLE SAY AND DO" All while meme-talking and sounding like 5 year olds. Your jargon means nothing. The gallery you're playing to doesn't exist. There is no moral content in you engaging in ad hominems, and the fact that the basic incoherence of you being outraged over a post, while claiming that it's wrong for a poster to be outraged is lost on you, just shows that at the end of the day you're probably just a fucking moron. Go leave your parents basement, get a hair cut and a job, and hopefully don't quit that.


808adams

"I didn't say what she's doing has the same toll as the extreme toll required by people to do the professions I listed off, I just listed them off randomly" >The only people making this a meta-debate are people like you. Group A posts "I dont think this is heroic", Group B "JGEAJFJEFJEHFEJF WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT PEOPLE SAY AND DO" nice characterisation you made up in your mind, i can tell this is REALLY occupying your time. apologies for intruding your safespace, you may go back to shitting on someone who is stronger than you will ever be.


ZeLuigi

> apologies for intruding your safespace wtf does this even mean lol. More jargon and meme posting by you. I post my opinion on media covering an event, you freak out, fail to read, say a bunch of internet speak and I demand I be quiet. Now you do the same thing. Let's use some internet speak to then. You're an NPC just juggling through your 5 pre-scripted responses. I would say you're just projecting everything you feel "outrage, safe space violation, shitting on someone who is stronger", but at this point that may be granting you too high a level of cognitive function. Buzz off troll.


808adams

" I just made an opinion and YOU DEMAND THAT I BE SLINCECED!!!" damn bro i didn't realise you were going to take it personally, i just clowned on you for having a shitty opinion. again, apologies for intruding your safe space.


John_T_Conover

Yeah, it's just alike. Lebron James 2020-21 NBA salary: $39 million Tom Brady 2021 NFL salary: $41 million Simone Biles 2021 Olympic salary: ZERO FUCKING DOLLARS Also our Olympians aren't sponsored by our government so you can get off your ignorant and incorrect high horse about her being supported by your taxes.


ZeLuigi

Biles is pretty wealthy. And the question of salary is separate from the question of whether it's "heroic" to quit. It's not. It may be a dumber financial decision for the first two guys to quit, but if anything by this logic it's more heroic for them to quit lol. Also let's not play semantics. The funding of all these sports as incentivized by tax law as charitable donations (write offs with free PR) thus being subsidized by the government.


davomyster

You wrote all that text but you explained your outrage in the second sentence. You think liberals are supporting her so you feel the need to do the opposite. Normalizing openness and respect for mental health **is** a positive thing. That's good for society.


ZeLuigi

> You think liberals are supporting her so you feel the need to do the opposite. No. That's just bullshit. Not only did I never say that, nor imply that, nor do I think like that, but that's also not what's happening. Lots of republicans are supporting her too. See Romney's comments. See Dan Crenshaw. See some AG who apologized and backtracked. Just complete and utter bullshit being projected here. > Normalizing openness and respect for mental health is a positive thing. Even if this is true (and it's so broad of a claim that it's hard to scrutinize, though some evidence points the opposite, that there is real contagion effects and that the get back on the horse attitude of grandma was better), it's a completely different thing than *glamorizing* this. There's nothing heroic about quitting. People who push through and overcome are heroic. Even if you think what Biles did is acceptable, understandable, not a big deal, etc. It's not heroic. And the more quitting is glamorized more broadly the more of it you'll get.


BlackGuysYeah

I love it when it’s so clear that someone has no idea what they’re talking about. Your either trolling or incredibly stupid.


ZeLuigi

Nah. You’re just frustrated that you have no good response so you post these ad hominems which are both trolling and incredibly stupid.


BlackGuysYeah

We’ll, it looks like you caught me with my pants down buddy. My small mind just can’t compete. Seriously though, imitation is flattery, so thank you. My “good” response is just the canned generic reading of the situation. She has the autonomy to make the decision she did, and I’m glad she does. The notion that this choice should be taken away from her because “tax payer dollars” is honestly crazed. I’m not sure how you could think forcing her to compete while she’s acknowledged she’s not fit to compete would be better? We don’t force people to compete like we’re under some kind of dictator regime, right? Does it make her a hero? Or does make her a disappointment? All the fired up discussions are just drama. It doesn’t matter, so feel free to think whatever you want.


ZeLuigi

> The notion that this choice should be taken away from her because “tax payer dollars” is honestly crazed. I’m not sure how you could think forcing her to compete while she’s acknowledged she’s not fit to compete would be better? You must be arguing with some voice in your head because I’ve never said any of this. She should of course be allowed to drop out if she wants. That doesn’t make it “heroic” or “strong” or “better than winning”.


BlackGuysYeah

I guess I’ll just quote your above statement. (1) She’s not us, she’s the olympic representative that signed up for this and is backed by tax payer dollars. Peace out troll. I don’t have any more time to waste on you.


ZeLuigi

You're so dishonest that I'm wondering whether or not you're a schizophrenic. That argument was not about her being forced to compete. That argument was about regular people having the right to their opinion. Here are the sentences literally right before and after that: >The final thing is that the people defending her have lost all perspective when they say things like “none of you possibly know what this type of pressure is like”. Bullshit. (1) She’s not us, she’s the olympic representative that signed up for this and is backed by tax payer dollars. (2) People deal with way more pressure than this on a daily basis. Cops chasing armed criminals, nurses treating covid patients, welders working on a bridge, a surgeon performing critical procedures on a baby, a solider guarding an outpost. The whole point is addressing exactly this inane meta argument all the people raging out about anyone daring to question her heroism are making. People have a right to question this narrative, for all those reasons and more. Yet you quote that to try to back up that weird shit you just invented about forcing her to compete? LOL and you call others a troll. "peace" Schizo.


nootomat

It's hilarious because his central point that she owes us something because of "taxpayer dollars" is even more hilarious when you learn that the US Olympic committee is literally just a 501c non for profit that doesn't actually get any sort of direct payment from the US government to operate. This is why there are sponsors! People and companies willingly contribute to the USOPC.


KidsInTheSandbox

Sir, this is a Wendy's.


Sgt-Dert13

Damn dude. Sorry you getting downvoted for making sense. Let me help by taking some of those downvotes for ya!


nootomat

>and is backed by tax payer dollars. Literally false. USOPC is a 501c and doesn't get money directly from the federal government.


ZeLuigi

> doesn't get money *directly* Emphasis added. You're wording it this way because you know what comes next. As a 501c3 it's categorized as a charitable organization under federal law. As such money that is owed to the government, tax payer money collected from everyone, goes there instead, as donations to it are written off and give the corporate entities who make them free PR as they do it. It's literally tax payer money being preemptively re-directed. Play semantics with it all you want.


nootomat

Which is a silly argument to make due to extremely wide breadth of 501c organizations that exist in the US though nearly every possible interest group....


ZeLuigi

What's a silly argument? That a lot of government functions are done through tax breaks and corporate welfare because of how our government is structured? No that's just true. If you're a corporation skimping your tax bill by donating it for the free PR instead, sorry but you donated tax payer dollars and are just carrying out a fiduciary responsibility to get free PR. Additionally, It's not clear to me why even separate from this, the money of boosters which was accumulated in the American economy, by participating in society wherein there's an inseparable link between commerce and tax payer funded social infrastructure at every level, also doesn't bring about some basic level of self-awareness with this "she don't owe you anything!" bullshit. She agreed to go, society (including the government through tax breaks and private actors who accumulated their money socially), has invested in her, she has become very wealthy, and she was selected to represent the nation. But even put that aside, IDC. Believe she owes nothing. That's a separate issue from: (1) are normal people allowed to opine, which was what that quote was from that this dude you responded too dishonestly clipped it from. Yes normal people are allowed to respond for that and many other reasons. Full quote here: > The final thing is that the people defending her have lost all perspective when they say things like “none of you possibly know what this type of pressure is like”. Bullshit. (1) She’s not us, she’s the olympic representative that signed up for this and is backed by tax payer dollars. (2) People deal with way more pressure than this on a daily basis. Cops chasing armed criminals, nurses treating covid patients, welders working on a bridge, a surgeon performing critical procedures on a baby, a solider guarding an outpost. and (2) Is it heroic of her to quit? No. Even if you think she owes nothing, and that it's not wrong to quit, that doesn't jump it to the other extreme of it being "brave", "strong" "heroic" and "better than winning".


nootomat

>What's a silly argument? That a lot of government functions This literally isn't a government function. It's a club of people that sportsball really well. Your complaints about the totality of every single 501c3 organization even existing has very little to do with the legal conduct of a member of one not really big organization. It's hilariously not relevant. It's like trying to say you deserve free samples of girl scout cookies because they're a 501c3 organization so those are your cookies. It's ludicrous. Simone Biles does NOT owe you a damn thing.


manwholickalotofpuss

I think Pappas has his tongue firmly planted up Joe's ass for the benefit of his career


methusalasleftnut

I loved how Joe’s optimistic and altruistic monologue about how opening this new club ends with him talking about how some girl was propositioned to f*** a comic in a closet during a set.


KyojinkaEnkoku

You know you can say fuck right? You don't gotta bleep it out.