T O P
B2A3R9C9A

[Open Thread ](https://www.reddit.com/r/Barca/comments/wixqhi/open_thread_weekday_edition_33_aug_2022/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share)


upeter01

The whole "why is everyone against ussss" bitching is pathetic and the other side of the same coin, "i love that everyone hates us😈😈" is corny and forced as hell. Just behave already jesus


GaviFPS

People who bitch about what other fanbases says, but at the same are defending the club behaviour at all cost must be dumbest people around.If you want fans to be so much in favour of FC Barcelona, then you should be against the way FC Barcelona approach matters, because its fucking terrible. Because then things might actually change. But if you keep supporting it like a brainwashed fan and believe they are always right and never wrong then nothing will change. The way FC Barcelona approach is by brainwashing people with same stories over and over again. Every single day for 3 months now have the same stories been ran and when the same stories get ran like that its because they get told/paid to do that.When someone have something hugely to gain from something, its most likely they are the cause behind it. In this case, its FC Barcelona. I've never seen any other clubs do it before, yet along have a bunch of people supporting it. Because de Jong supposedly doesnt budge, they are willing to pull legal technicalities to get it their way in hopes that will scare him enough. The best thing that could happen to this club, is that they have enough self insight to start cutting ropes to journalist and media and start acting like a proper club start to do things more behind closed door like any other functional top club does. Will it happen? Nope, because they are keep getting supported and get their "ways" in 9/10 times. Who cares about it being terrible approach, if it works they will get praised. Nobody gives a fuck about how one treats a human if you end up getting B.Silva baby! All about em sweet results! So nothing will change and neither will other fans stands with FC Barcelona change. So you might aswell just be quiet about it, because your literally supporting something that is the cause for the very reason for why other fans shit on us. Those reasons will only keep building up over time(which is what it have). Which is why it feels like for some that "EvErYoNe iS aGaInsT uS". Hence you complaining about what other supporter fanbases say, makes you look incredible stupid.


LarryPeru

This should be pinned at the top of the sub. The trump like Shilling people do for Laporta is sickening. And people wonder why other clubs fans hate us. Keep preaching my friend, you nailed it


blakk_RYno

I see mans talking about this and talking about that but the reality is we play on Saturday and still don't have the new players registered. But, yeah, keep going on about 'luuk de goat' smh


LarryPeru

It’s fake news bro we can’t register players. It’s the English media I tell you!


Cannibal_Trailblazer

Why the hell are we trying to sell both Auba and Memphis? The attack is world-class and selling both will mean it won't be as good and has that great depth anymore. We should keep Auba at all costs. He scores goals consistently.


maurid

It’s already been said that it’s only one of the two. Looking like Memphis, more advanced with Juve. If I had to pick one to keep, it would be Auba anyway.


Cannibal_Trailblazer

https://twitter.com/ActualiteBarca/status/1557341469438009345


Mrtuelemonde

I mean it's on you for believing a Chelsea source on a Barca related subject.


Cannibal_Trailblazer

He's tier 1 for Chelsea. He won't be tier 1 if he's wrong on this too


Wlid9a7ba

the same guy that said kounde to chelsea is done btw


maurid

Imma go meta and rant about this thread. What’s the point of having a rant thread if most comments are going to get: 1. Downvoted to holy hell. 2. Deleted by the person who posted it.


[deleted]

[удалено]


boringmemphis

You do realise we have the best striker in the world right?


[deleted]

[удалено]


[deleted]

[удалено]


[deleted]

[удалено]


[deleted]

[удалено]


[deleted]

[удалено]


[deleted]

[удалено]


[deleted]

[удалено]


[deleted]

[удалено]


TheEnlightenedPanda

Its very annoying people in this sub act like we shouldn't be bothered about r/soccer and the best solution against spreading misinformation is ignoring it. Just because you close your eyes, bad things will not go away. Yea if its affecting you mentally, you can stay away but otherwise ignoring this propaganda against Barca wont help at all. Its not just r/soccer, any social media where people discuss football, Barca created this reputation of being scummy club in two months thanks to constant smear campaign from English media and pundits.


LarryPeru

Thanks to Laporta


CosaSara

> Just because you close your eyes, bad things will not go away And whining about it won't either. On the whole, seeing how bothered people get about what strangers on r/soccer say, the solution is to ignore it and use your energy for more productive things. Unless you want to be outraged and mad, which is what most people here are seeking at the end of the day. In that case, yes, keep exposing yourself to stupidity.


AceTheSkylord

I just find it amusing at how a supposedly "broke and finished" club is triggering fans of the so called Greatestest League of all time where every club is a financial juggernaut


TheEnlightenedPanda

Well the clubs in PL are either good in past or good now. We are both so difficult to troll us for anything other being broke.


clutch-cream-run

We win the ucl and the narrative flips. Happened too many times before


Altruistic_Milk_6609

I wasn’t early enough for that :( But I can imagine. Being a fan = irrational. All sense we make is in hindsight. Everyone predicting and wanting good for their team is normal. Unfortunately, in a zero sum game, that means hoping (and thus wishful predicting) misfortune for others.


asdf11216

They keep posting nonsense about us. The mods there don’t seem to care about the credibility of the source. Those English journalists are trying to harm our club’s reputation and efforts to register the players. The fans of other club have all of a sudden become saints and acts like human right activists in r/soccer whenever it’s something Barca related. It’s tiresome indeed.


TheEnlightenedPanda

A man Utd fan was making fun of us for using NFT and I asked about United having discussion for creating NFTs and called out the hypocrisy. Apparently according to r/soccer it's not hypocritical as long as the user himself didn't sell NFT personally even though his club do that.


[deleted]

[удалено]


WillingnessQueasy463

Well they both cant score


Hdavidcs

I just died reading this


Hot_Command5095

I REMEMBERED THAT. When I explained the difference, he still stood that both were the same runs and that their output were similar.


[deleted]

[удалено]


Hot_Command5095

I’m sure most people will disagree, but I for one LOVE ridiculous/unconventional takes on this sub. There’s something about seeing weird takes that make conversations here seem alive and at times even memorable. I can’t recall the best comments I’ve upvoted unless context calls for it but I sure as hell can remember bullshit lol.


[deleted]

[удалено]


MrMoo-

Where's here?


TheEnlightenedPanda

Earth


JurijFedorov

Look at his username again.


donRallabandi

Can we please stop with no defense formation posts? 343 won't work with dembele as RWB ffs


xStyxx

If you see the 343 brought up around here they’re most likely talking about the 3223 that Xavi has used in his past club, no wingbacks


TheEternalAcademic

The people complaining about our social media crew really need to stop. The entire point of social media is to be cringe cause usually that’s what gets you the most engagement with your posts (see TikTok). Hell our social media page has 111m followers (only Real Madrid has more) and two posts from today have more than a million likes. Do we cringe? Yes. Does it work to get engagement which is the entire point of social media? Also yes. And if they keep getting likes, comments, shares on their posts, the low effort, cringe content will continue. And guess what? We’re not the only ones too. Real Madrid’s instagram page also has similar type of content. If it works it works.


JurijFedorov

It's not hard to make it better even without money. Hire a passionate Barca fan. Some young woman to present everything or do fun videos. It's easy to be funny or interesting in many ways for free. Just look at TikTok.


LarryPeru

No, it’s not to be cringe at all. It’s to grow your brand. Here’s an example of a funny social media post from Barca: https://twitter.com/fcbarcelona/status/1101277140631339008?s=21&t=JHmI1HxqyUDD10dBRiHyqQ Not only do hard core fans love it but posts like that get shared through tons of news sites and generate potentially hundreds of thousands of extra clicks. Posting dumb shit with a talking ball is just horrible. Our whole social media team is geared towards a fortnite crowd. I haven’t seen a single NBA, NFL, football/soccer or F1 or Tennis player social media brand be as cringey as Barca’s. It’s like a 7th grader runs it. But at the end of the day this club is about one thing and one thing only. Capturing the tourists and casual fans. If we had a stadium that sat 50,000 people we could simply target the locals and do well enough but the club is massive and trying to fill 90,000 seats every match isn’t always going to be easy especially at the prices Barca charge. So their social media is also going to dumb and cringey to appeal to the lowest common denominator. But it’s easily the worst social media team of any sports team. But they’re also massive so they don’t care.


Hot_Command5095

How do you enjoy Barca without enjoying Barca Ball?


DeJong_Cum

Barca Ball was visionary.


Migostien

dude don't disrespect Barca talking ball ever again


LarryPeru

Yeah man that’s as crossing a line. I should repent.


kingchar_006

I get really annoyed when Real Madrid wins a game (especially in the UCL) and people on this sub start bashing our own players (none bigger than MATS) as a way to praise Madrid and make them look good. Criticizing our players is not something I have a problem with, especially when it’s valid criticism. But to just start bashing them when Real Madrid wins just irritates the hell out of me. I don’t give a flying fuck how good Madrid may be playing. As Barça fans we shouldn’t be throwing our own players under the bus just because THEY look good. FUCK REAL MADRID!


0b111111100001

It happens when we visit their sub. The sub is designed to tout Barca fans. If it works, Barca fans come home with a tail between the legs agitated and there is always going to be that one player who missed a clear chance or a pass


broselovestar

Yeah and cause Madrid is a good team. They will win a lot. So using that to bash our players is just incredibly wrong headed. Still fuck madrid


Anywhere_Warm

Xavi hasn't still shown his plan B,C etc. We all know the plan A of moving thr ball up, keeping wingers wide and all that stuff. But for a team to he great there has to be plan B,C etc. Look at pool, city etc


TheDarkSideAwaits

Pep was criticised at Barça for not having a plan B


Anywhere_Warm

That criticism was valid as well. The style of football we played, the team we had, the players we had - it was no way justified to lose against inter and Chelsea in ucl


TheLoneWanderer__

We saw plan B plenty of times last year, anytime Luuk was on the pitch


JustJust0306

Dont need a plan B if plan A is good enough


Anywhere_Warm

We have high ambitions. We certainly need plan B


AA_96

Plan B was Luuk de Jong last year, and that worked out pretty good


Anywhere_Warm

I would prefer something better than cross and inshallah. I was talking about a whole new system


TrueCooler

Tbf cross and inshallah won Real Madrid 5 CL titles


Anywhere_Warm

Yes, but do we want to be like them. Last season they had 1 shitty plan, pass to benzema and they won everything .


KittenOfBalnain

\*takes a deep breath\* Journalists who don't have basic financial background shouldn't talk about finance. None of it. At all. I wish we could just have a List of Shame of all the morons who can't distinguish net from gross, or that amount is different depending on currency so no, €50m is not equal to £50m, let alone the fact that every league has its own financial guidelines for budgeting and economic control *so you can take your knowledge of Premier League rulebook and shove it up your arse, Gary*. I don't give a flying flamingo about the stupid financial opinions of people online. It's just internet, if you make yourself look like a moron on Reddit, well, whatever. Take the downvotes and move on, no one will remember it in a day. But people who earn a living writing about sports should be held to higher standards, and they SHOULD be held to those standards by the football community - but noooo, thanks to social media and complete lack of teaching people how to critically approach information this once cool, vibrant, gigantic fandom became an army of zombies incapable of thinking for themselves. A pundit said something about Barcelona finances? MUST BE TRUE. Ok, I feel better now. This thread was a great idea x)


mikeczyz

your fundamental mistake is thinking that modern sports journalists exist to disseminate information. ​ >I don't give a flying flamingo about the stupid financial opinions of people online. interesting take coming from someone whose claim to fame on this subreddit is posting about barca's financial situation?


KittenOfBalnain

I have no claim to fame ;) I give my time to the community by posting them not because I care about stupid opinions, but because I care about spreading awareness and giving people the resources to have an educated opinion.


onlyonejorge

This applies to the local journalists carrying water for the various boards as well.


lawliet0303

It's as if they want us to call them stupid, even after all the official info was made public and is available just by a fucking click, literally every goddamn idiot of a pundit or PL fanboys comes up with "How are Barca getting money?" Like stfu and do some fucking research you morons, who get paid to talk about football to make things worse.


[deleted]

[удалено]


lotlcs

OT ''dying'' for a day, week, whatever doesn't matter. We're in the transfer window and more people want to read and discuss transfers.


guardioLEO

**PSA**: The Barça Official Store just sent my mate an email stating that his order has been delayed and they ***“cannot deliver the new kits before Sept. 20”***. (Order was placed mid-July). Two fucking months for shipping an order! Seriously!? People who are about to order stuff might find this info. useful..


LarryPeru

For what it’s worth there are massive supply chain issues. Some NBA teams are dealing with this as well. Hell some people who ordered Raheem Sterling chelsea kits came with “Sterling Pre-Order” on the back because they were rushing them to meet demand. But I understand your frustration.


guardioLEO

Poor Chelsea fans can’t catch a break. Hilarious..


MRM20021030

I bet it's United they took all the L's after going for Rabiot


the_left_winger

Damn. Ls were already out of stock after Chelsea grabbed all of them. Now United took whatever little was left


Patopatoduck

Dest cant defend and he is very shit at it and I just dont understand how Many people have hope on him in this sub


hmntre

Toward the end of the season people were saying he looks better under Xavi.


LarryPeru

Dani Alves was far worse but at least he’s not our problem anymore. And I’m talking most recent Dani Alves obviously


TheDarkSideAwaits

This comment is proof to always finish reading a comment or post before replying. You had me there for a sec


bubblegumdog

His entire tenure here has not been worth signing him.


kaiser_de_michoacan

It’s understandable. It’s a primarily American site.


mistertotem

There is so much for me to rant about nowadays (not about the stuff people on social media complain about), but here I'll limit it to that I am very disappointed in how ~90% of moralistic opinions on social media and forums is based on wrong information, exaggerations or facts without context. Yes, I counted a few times. Really noticable with the current Barca transfer period.


kuantizeman

Puta reial mandril i puta premier league amb els seus diners de oligarchs, petroli i estats feixistes VISCA EL BARÇA I VISCA CATALUNYA


chezicrator

I watched the entire Pep and Tiki-taka era and took for granted how good it was.


nilayup98

This is a rant? Lmao how cute


Jasvinder_SINGH

Buying Sony LIV hotstar and voot subscription is a pain in ass 🤬


RogueNetrunner

Soccer Streams ftw!


clutch-cream-run

Laughs in piracy


Jasvinder_SINGH

Love watching football on tv that's the only reason


itscollegetime

Barca fans on this sub and in general need to stop riding Manchester city. It’s an oil club backed by a state regime and if you ever go their sub, the amount of hate Barcelona gets is actually insane given their entire club management has been ex barca executives and it’s a pathetic attempt to replicate Barca’s success.


kuantizeman

All the Premier League is a shitfest which is only relevant because of money from oligarchs and fascist countries with oil and no respect for human rights. This is the same country that was banned from european football because their fans are mindless hooligans that fuck everything up when they go abroad.


lawliet0303

>Barca fans on this sub and in general need to stop riding Manchester city. Personally I haven't seen it, it surely isn't about the club but might be something like " Mannn Rodri would be the perfect Busi replacement " or " Would love for Bernardo to play for us ", or regarding Pep or something along these lines, surely there probably are no one who supports City as a club.


TheDarkSideAwaits

I'm just in 'cause of Pep and 'cause of how those dumb English fans undermined Barça's achievements with Pep. "Oh, it's just La Liga his team can't score that number of goals in the EPL." "Lol, La Liga is just a two-horse race. Not gonna happen in the EPL." Idiots!


I_am_Drezin

This. Such a copy and paste club.


MazurkaOrWaltz

Only a few months ago, you could name the users on this sub who always had extreme takes. Now you can name the users on the sub who have rational takes. Quite an (unsurprising) turn of events.


LarryPeru

95% of this sub shills for Laporta. It’s depressing how many people just blindly agree with everything he does and how easily turn against our own players. Barca have been a PR disaster but the cult like mind hive this sub has was eye opening.


joaonesta

Rational takes like being Racist to the locals ? There's a huge anti Spanish/Catalan circlejerk here ever since I've been lurking. People shit on our Spanish legends , our President and the socis. One so called rational user said that we'd be a midtable small club without the global fans I'm sick of this sub insulting the people who made the club what it is today. Without Catalans, there'd be no Barca, show some respect for the people who made the club what it is today


0b111111100001

Yo, you can't expect us to have the same zeal you might have about Catalans or whatever, and just because I don't have the same zeal doesn't mean I am a racist or something, I just do not care. It might not mean anything for me as it might mean to the next guy. I love FC Barcelona. Yes it is founded into a complex political quagmire but I am not being dragged into politics I know nothing of. I can love the other one without the other. The same way I might like a certain player without his personal life


joaonesta

Go support some other club then plastic. You're not a Barca fan then if you hate the people who made this club. Catalans represent Barca and it's identity. Without them you won't even know about this club. Same zeal ? Literally every Barca fan should care about that because it's a Catalan club The audacity to say that you don't care about Catalans and then shamelessly supporting the club that represents Catalans


0b111111100001

I didn't say I hate Catalans or care about them. I just don't care about their politics the same way you do not care about politics happening in Namibia right now. You cannot force me to like the Catalan culture to love the club while FC Barcelona reaches everyone globally even though they are not Catalans.


joaonesta

Where the fuck is politics coming here from ? I don't care about Namibia politics because I don't claim to support the institution that the people of that place created I don't need to force you to do anything. You're not a Barca fan if you don't care about the people who made this club. What global nonsense? The fact that the club is global now is because of the people who made it what it is today. Before becoming global, it was still a big club. You're not a fan, you're a plastic who supports the success of this club and doesn't care about its legends or the people who made the club what it is today Do you even know what Mes Que Un Club represents? People have suffered through decades against oppression, Presidents got murdered. You have no clue about what this club went through to be what it is today and here you are comfortably sitting in your couch and saying that you don't care about the people who made this club what it is today while shamelessly enjoying the clubs success


kuantizeman

Estic amb tu, germa. Some asshat from 10000 km saying the stadium is silent..aneu a la merda. Barça helped me integrate in Catalunya and the club i l'aficio deserve the upmost respect. 1899 VISCA EL BARÇA I VISCA CATALUNYA.


MazurkaOrWaltz

QED


jamietanig

There's a circle jerk going on in here.


Beneficial-Society74

We should really filter out the trolls somehow. Lots of forums have a karma filter of some sort, that should be a given here too


JustJust0306

Thats because this sub is infected with r soccer people


de_tu_sueno

This sub has always had shitty reactionary takes. Two years ago people would gang up on you if you disagreed with the idea that Puig was the next big midfielder. People would say Suarez was finished while he was giving us a goal for every 90 minutes he played. I could go on forever. The takes are no better than r/soccer or Twitter.


Richardrumeo

No... Barca cannot just try to win with La Masia players. They are too big of a brand to do so. They are not like other clubs. No rich owner is going to pump money to pay their debt.


[deleted]

[удалено]


Beneficial-Society74

Good, you're using the Rant thread correctly!


Apart_Freedom4967

How do people still think Barca use "attacking" full backs, when its obvious that Xavi has changed our tactics to have both FB's inside? People stuck on the " 1 stays back, 1 goes forward" not understanding the point of it at all.


TheEnlightenedPanda

> Xavi has changed our tactics to have both FB's inside I dont think this is true. Xavi prefer his LB to stay wide and use an inside forward as LW. This how ferran and Alba was used last season.


Apart_Freedom4967

This is what im talking about. The use of FM names to create templates that dont really exist and are not true. Xavi's prefernce is a 433 with 2 wide players. And that's what he has done since arriving. Calling Ferran an inside forward, and having a roght footed player play on the left doesnt means he is cutting inside and the LB goes wide. Ferran was playing on the tuchline with Alba staying back, occasionally that was changed.


TheEnlightenedPanda

I use FM name because I thought it's apt for someone who start at wings but then cut inside and try to shoot rather than giving cross. Neither Ferran nor Fati is suitable for staying wide. You can see how Ferran struggled when he was deployed as a wide RW as none of his strength were getting used.


Apart_Freedom4967

Ferran struggled on the right side because his 1 on 1 isnt that good. On the left its a whole different thing but he still played as a winger. That just the basic principles of Xavi's game. The winger is expected to position himself on the touchline, but he isnt a scarecrow. They move in accordance with the game. Sometimes the cut inside because they can, that doesnt change the basic idea.


bubblegumdog

Baldé’s performances beg to differ. Sergi would overlap if Dembélé tucked in more but he stays wide more often than not so he makes runs inside like he did against Pumas. It’s more fluid than you make it out to be. It’s not one or the other.


Apart_Freedom4967

You are proving my point. Using the exception and not the rule. Of course it should be fluid. Thats the ideal, but the base position is what it is.


bubblegumdog

Your original comment made it seem like the way the team plays is far more strict.


Special_Hearing_6129

I fucking hate it when people call Laporta 'Laporte'. Its not even adjacent in the keyboard.


TheDarkSideAwaits

Not Barça related but I've seen "coach" spelt as "couch" like wtf?


BleuGrenat

It autocorrects for people with French keyboard.


kuantizeman

People that can barely speak their single language properly and here in Catalunya we rock at least three.


rezyyagan

THIS


the_left_winger

Same with Frankie


decho

"Ter Stegan" is like the opposite of that. People switch the "e" for an "a".


LouiszRG

Christiansen instead of Christensen to add to the list...


svefnpurka

People just generally suck at names longer than 4 letters ;)


nilayup98

So true! Svenfpukra. This Decoh doesn’t know shit


decho

I agree with you, svenf.


svefnpurka

Q.E.D.


paachuthakdu

It makes me sad how some fans just call our players including veterans demeaning words. Currently its the hate towards Frenkie and Ferran. It sounds as if these players are so bad they don't know how to play football all of a sudden. There are other ways to get your point across rather than insult another human being.


decho

It's honestly kinda frustrating how many people started playing Football Manager in real life these days, and how some of us want our own players to fail. Take Ansu for example, by far the biggest talent La Masia produced in the last decade. People already started coming at him and I'd go as far as saying they grew to dislike him, and of course now they will find any kinds of reasons to attack, be it his injury history, his salary, a poor match performance or whatever else they see fitting. And all of this for what? Yes, we're all aware of his injury history, but is it really going to give that much of satisfaction if he fails and the club offloads him one day, just so you can proudly bump your chest, pat yourself on the back and say "look, I told you so!". This is not the way to go because if the guy fails then we all lose, there would be no winners here. This example very much applies to Puig too. Yeah, we all know he was completely over-rated by his loyal fanbase, but that doesn't mean I didn't wish the guy to succeed, even if I knew the chances of that happening were slim, still I wished him luck. --- Another thing that frustrates me is how few if any people are questioning the board lately. I don't care if you like or dislike them, but what I want to see is results. What I am seeing instead is the same story as last year, La Liga ain't doing us any favors, that was known from the get go and lesson should've been learned. Yet for 2nd year in a row we'd have to wait until the final minute to see if we'd have our players properly registered, and all of that after selling half a billion worth of club assets. Why is this happening again, I am honestly so sick of reading about this fucking shit every day, levers, contracts, drama... I just want to watch my team play.


[deleted]

[удалено]


boringmemphis

Why would you hate Ansu because the braindead social media admins push Ansu stuff down your throat? Like that kid is 19 and already has legions of Barcelona fans calling him finished. No One, and i repeat, No one, deserves that.


[deleted]

[удалено]


boringmemphis

It makes no sense why Ansu would be under the microscope just because you saw a photo of him on Twitter posted by Barcelona's twitter account Make it make sense.


0b111111100001

Ansu would be under the microscope because he is being put on a pedestal. Whether he performs better or not, the fact is we are led to believe so. For some, he got the jersey number 10 which their idol wore and to them mentally means Ansu has to fill those big shoes. When he is taking a long time, he would be under the microscope.


Consol-Coder

It takes less time to do a thing right than it does to explain why you did it wrong.


applesauce804

I’ve seen similar comments recently so I brought it up. Some fans just think he way too overhyped for not doing anything.


decho

Social media is just a tool for promotion and reach these days, and they are using it in the best way they see fit. If Ansu is more popular/marketable or whatever term you want to use, then that must be the reason they are doing it. Same story with cringe content they post on a daily basis. It's annoying, but there is a reason for it and if it's helping the club, then whatever, I can live with that.


[deleted]

[удалено]


decho

Why does that bother you so much in first place? It's just social media, nothing to do with football.


CosaSara

> This example very much applies to Puig too Yes, it was very weird how some people took pleasure when he would play poorly so just they could say "I told you so!". Sometimes, I think certain players might not fit us well or that they will perform poorly with us. On those occasions, I want to be proven wrong. I don't want the player to do poorly (even if I expect him to) just so I can then show everyone how right I was.


decho

> Sometimes, I think certain players might not fit us well or that they will perform poorly with us. On those occasions, I want to be proven wrong. I don't want the player to do poorly (even if I expect him to) just so I can then show everyone how right I was. This was the case for me with Dembele. I have criticized the guy a ton and for multiple reasons, and I even wanted him out of the club at a certain point. But now I am actually happy that I am proven wrong and things are seemingly on the right path for him. Why? Because this is beneficial to everybody who loves the club, it is a simple as that. Now obviously there might be more complex reasons out there why you'd have a problem with a certain player, but as far as performance is concerned, you shouldn't want a player to fail.


LoueyDenden

If I was laporta I would literally beg Frenkie to reduce his salary and not try to get rid of him in such a disrespectful way


Apart_Freedom4967

Thats probably because you think FDJ is something special.


boringmemphis

You think presidents begging players sets a good precedent? Laporta is the boss here and he should act like one. If you don't have a spine, your employees take advantage of that, like it happened with Bartomeu.


CosaSara

These media circus of leaking the contract and the pressure campaign also doesn't set a good precedent. But I guess this was already done by the previous president.


HRey113

If we had missed out on either Raphinha or Lewandowski and gotten a backup LB (Gaya, Estupiñan, Grimaldo) and/or a long term Busi replacement (Zubimemdi, Merino) it would have had a better transfer window overall.


taneemshareeb

A team which could score only two goals in the group stages of the cl last year would like to disagree


HRey113

That's fair. That's also why I said either. I do think we needed more attacking options but with Ferran, Fati, Dembele, Depay, Auba, and Abde, plus either Raphinha or Lewy. I feel like that would be enough. And then we could have gotten a backup LB at least


Apart_Freedom4967

What a bad take...


MontanaDak

Best form of defence is attack. We do need a better LB and a new DM but the market didn't have clear options. So if I have the choice between a world class attack or a better but not world class midfield/LB, I'm choosing attack 10/10 times.


HRey113

Thats fair but attack wins you games, defense wins you championships. And the best form of defense imo is defense. What happens when Alba gets injured and there's an important game? Who do we play Balde? Dest with Roberto on the right? Dembele nor Raphinha do enough of defensive work to do a 3-4-3 effectively during an important game. So what then?


MontanaDak

> defense wins you championships It does but only to an extent. The best teams in history have always been teams with more quality in attack than defence. > What happens when Alba gets injured and there's an important game? Who do we play Balde? Dest with Roberto on the right? Dembele nor Raphinha do enough of defensive work to do a 3-4-3 effectively during an important game. So what then? What happened when Dembele/Fati get injured? We've already seen that and it resulted in 2 goals in the group stages and out into Europa. -- It's also just logical. Having only a good attack will always give you the chance to outscore the opponent. It's impossible to win games without goals. You need both to be the best but attack is definitely more important. We'll have to agree to disagree.


HRey113

I mean I think we agree that we need a back up and long term successor to both Alba and Busi. I think we only disagree on how/when. >What happened when Dembele/Fati get injured? We've already seen that and it resulted in 2 goals in the group stages and out into Europa. I agree which is why I said either. I think we should've prioritized Raphinha and maybe got Lewy on a free next year or someone like Isak or Lautaro Martinez next year (off the top of my head I'm sure there's better players) At the end of the day I fully trust Xavi and if these are the players he wants now then I'm sure we're gonna do well. But I do worry about LB and CDM long term


OneWhoShallNotBeName

Lewy is not only a starter, but elevates our starting lineup by a huge margin. Raphinha is also looking like a starter so far. Estupinian or Gaya would in no way have started over Alba; Same for Zubimendi(Merino is not a CDM). All of them would be too expensive for backup players.


I_am_Drezin

Last season, we had more problems scoring than conceding. LDJ had to bail us out with late goals in several matches.


HRey113

That's why I said either. I do think we need one but with Depay, Ferran, Fati, Auba, Dembele, and Abde I think we could have done without one of Raphinha or Lewy. And gotten a backup LB and/or long term CDM


omg_im_chad

Braithwaite’s situation really aggravates me. Here you have someone who, by some miracle, had the opportunity to play with one of the most legendary clubs in the game (not to mention also the best player in history), and instead of graciously accepting his time to move on, he tries to take advantage of us despite our financial situation. Bro did not learn anything from Luuk, who is a perfect example of how to earn the fans’ respect with the short opportunity.


CptSnoopDragon

Yep


ShivaSkunk777

How is he taking advantage of us when all he wants is to either fulfill his contract or have it paid out to leave early? That’s standard. We have to quit vilifying our own players for just wanting their contract fulfilled. Sure some of them are bad contracts but a contract is a contract and we have to realize that as a fan base.


I_am_Drezin

How does this make sense? Do you see every player that gets transferred asking their old club to pay out the rest of their contract? This is silliness at its peak.


ShivaSkunk777

He wanted to stay. He’s only willing to accept termination or to stay. That’s the two options and that’s his right


de_tu_sueno

Most clubs would just move on and accept that the player isn’t moving. But the club is desperate and he has leverage to do so. I’m sure he’d be happy to just stay.


boringmemphis

I personally don't give a single shit about unprofessional players who don't deserve to be here and have made it their life goal to wring out every euro they're legally owed and are ready to sit on the bench for years to do so. They're legally owed money? Good for them. Don't fucking expect anyone to cheer for you after you walked into a pile of money you clearly never deserved.


ShivaSkunk777

What exactly is unprofessional about wanting to get paid?


the_left_winger

But it's not that. He must have the self-awareness to know he isn't a Barca quality player. He was literally brought in as a stopgap because all our forwards were injured. Ideally he wouldn't have lasted more than half a season (just like Boateng) but thanks Barto ig. Now, the club needs to offload him to be able to register players and he refuses to leave even though there are other teams willing to pay him as much as he earns here (even more than that according to some reports). Instead he wants to be paid out the rest of his contract in full, leave for free and then sign another mega contract. Which player have you heard of having demands like this when they are put up for transfer? At this point it's clear that he only wants to rinse the club off for money and I don't know what to say if you think otherwise. Sure, there's nothing illegal per se, but it's extremely extremely ungrateful. And yes, he should be grateful to Barcelona because he got paid for two and a half seasons more than he ever would have at any other club and also got to play for one of the biggest clubs in the planet. I mean, he doesn't have to go out of his way to help us, it's just having the self-awareness to know that he isn't wanted here anymore. Anybody with self-respect would leave a job where they aren't wanted, especially if staying meant that they would be sidelined forever and they also had competent offers from other places.


ShivaSkunk777

Bruh. I think you’re being nuts. He wants to fulfill his contract. He doesn’t want to be sold. The price of getting rid of a player is buying out their contract by paying them the remaining wages that are due. He’s not asking for his whole contract just so he can fuck off to another club. That’s what would happen, but that would be Barça’s choice in doing so because his choice is to stay. Why should he leave if he is happy here? Why is he rinsing the club for money when it’s the club that offered the contract? Sure, management changes. But that doesn’t change the contract. Bringing up his quality as a player only highlights the fact you want to smear him because he wants to fulfill his contract.


the_left_winger

The price of getting rid of a player is to sell them to another club. You don't just buy out players' contracts to make them leave. Something is seriously off if a player demands that they will leave only if they are paid out the rest of their contract. In most cases (barring injury or something extreme like that), this clearly shows that they are a money-grabbing leech and not acting in good faith. Any self-respecting player would make efforts to leave if they were told they weren't wanted anymore. If they refuse to leave even after the club makes it clear that they aren't wanted anymore, then the club has no option but to terminate their contract by paying it out in full. As I said, that isn't illegal at all but it's hella unprofessional (by the player), which was your original question.


Amori17

If no team was willing to pay him his salary I’d understand it but aren’t there teams willing to pay Barca and Braithwaite good money in the middle easy?


milkshakemerlin

Even Umtiti didn't have a willing buyer offering to triple his salary lol, Braithwaite seriously thinks Barcelona is going to not only let him sign for free to a new club that's tripling his salary and also pay him out in advance for years of his contract all at once suddenly? That's insanity to the point that the only thing that would make me not dislike him is if it's completely fake.


tokajim

It's gotta be fake. Because what's the alternative for him? Get paid less at Barca but not play and not be registered? And in that scenario you're also going to be disliked. Wouldn't it better to go get paid 3x the salary and relax on the pitch?


milkshakemerlin

It could be a very misguided attempt at hardball negotiation tactics


fauxmaulder

We saw how that worked for Dembele.


TheSerpentLord

While I 100% understand and sympathize with all the arguments saying otherwise, I still think Haaland was worth bending our salary policy for. Guy is a generational talent, and it's obvious that the actual release clause and taxes were no issue for Barca. You just don't pass a player like that, least of all at what, 22 years old? If he was locked in for City from the start, due to his dad, congrats to him, and best of luck. But if there was a genuine race for him, I think it was a mistake to not go all out on him. We literally missed out on the Messi regen.